Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plans

Quote Originally Posted by skunkybud View Post
    its great when the multihunter is getting involved! should you even be a multihunter? thought your job was to make sure treads are all good and not to get involved in slagging others off!!! (clueless and wont accept help from those who have done it all before?)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlue View Post
    This does not give me much confidence in the role of multihunter..........thought part of your job was to police these forums to ensure that inappropriate comments are not made, not to join in what has been a campaign of bullying and harrassment against one player..........from what I have read on this and the ' sin' page, there is a systematic campaign against a player called bigbirdbrain, and it is personal and unpleasant. I hope for the sake of Travian that this particular player is not a sensitive or vunerable person,who could be driven to all kinds of actions by this bullying............... as this is in media terms a 'hot' topic, and would have all kind of rammifications for all us players, and particularly for Travian, when a multi hunter is seen to be joining in.
    This is all beneath contempt..................

Actually no it's not my job to police these forums, that's what the mods are for. There is a difference believe it or not, cause the last time I looked I have no responsibilities on the forums nor can I do anything on them. Here is a hint, look at who created the posts against sin.

I maybe a MH but I am still a player on the servers i don't hunt on.

It seems you can't comprehend the difference between a question and a statement? I mean you just copy and pasted what i said. Shall I go moan that you two are bullying and harassing me? cause that is what it is.

You were not calling it a campaign of bullying or harassment when I posted against DT and salient but I guess those are ok as it wasn't Sin related, right?
    Last edited by abyss; 10 Sep 2013 at 10:27 PM.

This does not give me much confidence in the role of multihunter..........thought part of your job was to police these forums to ensure that inappropriate comments are not made, not to join in what has been a campaign of bullying and harrassment against one player..........from what I have read on this and the ' sin' page, there is a systematic campaign against a player called bigbirdbrain, and it is personal and unpleasant. I hope for the sake of Travian that this particular player is not a sensitive or vunerable person,who could be driven to all kinds of actions by this bullying............... as this is in media terms a 'hot' topic, and would have all kind of rammifications for all us players, and particularly for Travian, when a multi hunter is seen to be joining in.
    About the MH thing I think it has been made pretty clear that your comment has no foundations and was probably done out of spite.

Also don't worry. The person being the target of all the "bullying" is neither sensitive nor vulnerable. Travian in general won't care about what is being done with her or any other player for that matter, it's all part of the game. No rule is being broken.

I also don't think a few strangers talking about an account in some game forum is bullying. And it's hardly gonna drive anyone to any kind of action.

Your comment was just pointless. Please think before you post again.

The mod for this section isn't online at the moment, but I have read the thread carefully. Mods and MH's are allowed to play on servers, MH's aren't allowed to play on servers that that they are the MH for and Mods can have a small account on the server that they have a responsibility for on the forum. Therefore, if a MH posts something on a server that they are playing, then they are entitled to do so.
    The comments made do not amount to bullying, they are merely the opinion of players on the server. Would you have reacted in the same way if the post was made without staff info on their profile ? Players will make comment on the forum about decisions another player makes, that's what the forum is for - to create discussion about the game. Commenting on someone's game play and decision making ingame is not bullying.
    i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii568/TravianComps/LMT.png

BigBirdBrain is wrongly being blamed for catting the Sin WW. She did not, I and other Exile team members did. The plans of the WW attempt were sent out to too far too many people using IGM and not the more secure Skype. This means of course that sitters can also read share and if tempted circulate. This indeed is what happened. The WW was crop locked between the planned clears and the chief by team mates and myself who left our Alliance Exile to ensure that no trace was left.

The Exile plan worked exactly as it was intended to and all wheat and important buildings where catted. We considered a full zero, but decided to use this method of limited risk and maximum gain and seemed somehow more appropriate. Nothing clever, just simple timings.

I would have left this at that as I believe the Sin WW is now useless as it will take too long while before wheat, main et al can be restored. BigBirdBrain should not be subjected to any more silly comments in this regard and I send her my apologies for this has gone on too much. For all I know she is a decent player and she leads her alliance with all her abilities with diligence and care. I know there have been issues between the Exile Alliance and her wing, but that is not my concern. I also know that for a first time server player BBB has a lot of learning to do and the fact that she controls the WW has more to do with Sin (aka Mad) apathy - the reason I left Mad (current leadership excluded). However, I am sure she must have experienced players sitting the WW with her?

BBB does not deserve to be vilified, but perhaps I do?

Finally someone owning up but guys stop spamming my beautiful plan and WW race thread . Some of these comments need to be moved to the SIN section I think?
    UK7 R2 - Penniless
    UK4 R6 - Dr Manhattan

What a real team player you are huh? I don't know if what you said is true, but if it is, you will be getting a lot of igms from SIN members thanking you for being such an open book and asking you to move over there. And perhaps you should, why not? It's not like you have Exile's best interests at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucert View Post
    BigBirdBrain should not be subjected to any more silly comments in this regard and I send her my apologies for this has gone on too much.
    Are you apologising for catting down the enemy's WW? (Since that's all you did Jesus christ mate, you really are something aren't you?

BBB does not deserve to be vilified, but perhaps I do?
    Again, let's vilify someone for attacking the enemy in a war game.

You should really think of another game to play, perhaps one more peaceful, there are plenty out there if you're not confortable with travian.

PS: Feel free to move my comment if this is not the appropriate place for it.

As LMT said, moderators are for the forum. MH deal with in game issues, but they are also normal forum members and players as well - they cannot play on the domain where they are the MH.

Calling someone a clueless first timer at holding a WW is not cyberbullying. It's a war game, players are expected to attack the WW and taking poor leaders and players to task is a common part of the game, and it can be done in an acceptable way without getting nasty and personal.

It starts to tip into bullying - even if it doesn't get personal - if it approaches harrassment. So not just a couple of members, but for example, if twenty members all suddenly registered accounts to post negative comments about BB (because that would reek of an organised and encouraged campaign within an alliance and well beyond proportionate behaviour)

AVT - we do care if it goes beyond what is appropriate and robust. (And we can take into account whether someone argues back, whether they report a post, ages if they are available - as some members provide birthdates, or it's clear from other threads they are still at school etc.) If someone is genuinely concerned for someone's welfare then report posts / speak to one of the moderators.

[QUOTE=AVT;1437945]What a real team player you are huh? I don't know if what you said is true, but if it is, you will be getting a lot of igms from SIN members thanking you for being such an open book and asking you to move over there. And perhaps you should, why not? It's not like you have Exile's best interests at heart.

Try reading my post. You actually think I am apologising for catting a WW??? Your a joke.
    Try a course of English but I suggest you get a buy a boot with a CD first, so you can listen first as reading is not your strong point...

Abyss's statement is completely accurate. I think you need to calm down.

Try reading my post. You actually think I am apologising for catting a WW??? Your a joke.
    Try a course of English but I suggest you get a buy a boot with a CD first, so you can listen first as reading is not your strong point...
    Tbh I don't think that's what AVT was getting at. You coming on here and admitting it was exile, as many did suspect, hasn't helped your alliance. It's put a target on your head. So now instead of people believe my rumblings about it being DT (if they ever did) they know who it was exile. Instead of SIN doubting BBB they now have a reason to unite, a common enemy so to say. Who knows how it will pan out but from my view it hasn't helped exile.

But if what you say is true I applaud your honestly it rare on forums ... Usually people would say anything to get one over on their opponents.

P.S. Lets not insult people's english skills, imo his english is great considering it's his third language
    UK7 R2 - Penniless
    UK4 R6 - Dr Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by MOD Sam View Post
    AVT - we do care if it goes beyond what is appropriate and robust. (And we can take into account whether someone argues back, whether they report a post, ages if they are available - as some members provide birthdates, or it's clear from other threads they are still at school etc.) If someone is genuinely concerned for someone's welfare then report posts / speak to one of the moderators.
    I did mention "not breaking any rule". Can you point me to the place where that subject is approached? (Maybe the section in the forum/game rules)
    I'd like to know a little more about it.

Don't worry about Lucerts little story from up there, just stick with my facts and you'll be fine. SIN did it.

Quote Originally Posted by AVT View Post
    I did mention "not breaking any rule". Can you point me to the place where that subject is approached? (Maybe the section in the forum/game rules)
    I'd like to know a little more about it.
    Of course; both sets of rules make clear that certain behaviour is inappropriate.

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/a....php?f=48&a=43 << the forum rules; with the most relevant being those covering insults, discrimination and personal information. Bullying is pretty obvious when you see it, so the general catch-alls around "Any and all other content deemed inappropriate by forum staff" is the backstop for anything that is just wrong.

http://www.travian.co.uk/index.php#spielregeln << are the game rules; with the most relevant being "Abusive, defamatory, sexist, racist or profane language; adverse behavior towards any religion, race, nation, gender, age group, or sexual orientation; real life threats. The game shall be kept free of real world politics. Posting and displaying material not suitable for minors is forbidden. "

LOL If he needs English lessons, then I wonder what do I need ... Try not to get personal, mate. His English is much better than the most of us.

Try reading my post. Do you actually think that I am apologising for catapulting a WW? You're a joke. Try taking a course in English. I suggest you purchase a language course- such as those created by the company Rosetta Stone - which employs auditory learning, As reading does not appear to be amongst your strengths.

Changes in green for you (Mods aren't keen on other people using red ) If I've missed a change that needed making anyone who wishes to do so, please point it out. The point is, if you're going to criticise someone's English Lucert, you may want to make sure your own is up to scratch!
    Last edited by MartinJames; 12 Sep 2013 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    Try reading my post. Do you actually think that I am apologising for catapulting a WW? You're a joke. Try taking a course in English. I suggest you purchase a language course- such as those created by the company Rosetta Stone - which employs auditory learning, As reading does not appear to be amongst your strengths.

Changes in green for you (Mods aren't keen on other people using red ) If I've missed a change that needed making anyone who wishes to do so, please point it out. The point is, if you're going to criticise someone's English Lucert, you may want to make sure your own is up to scratch!

I don't think I need to point out that you've not used correct punctuation or capitalization in your post. Rather, I'm pointing out the failure in logic....

You criticize Lucert's English, but then say, "[i]f I've missed a change that needed making anyone who wishes to do so, please point it out."

Aren't you criticizing his English by correcting it and implying that his English is not up to scratch? So, by your logic, shouldn't your English be "up to scratch[?]"

If your English is up to scratch, then why would anyone need to point out errors in your corrections?

If someone needs to point out errors in your post, then you shouldn't even be posting that because you're essentially admitting your English is NOT up to scratch.

lOJIC failT you.

Luckily I made no assertions about criticizing somebody's English or logic! So, I think I'm clear! Phew

And if this isn't convincing enough, then sure, here's one example of incorrect punctuation and capitalization:

"Changes in green for you (Mods aren't keen on other people using red ) If I've missed..."

Capital "I" in "If"???? Do smileys serve as punctuation nowadays?

If so I apologize
    Last edited by walls; 12 Sep 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Personally, I just don't think the a game forum is a place in which flawless grammar is necessary. Lucert went after AVT completely unnecessarily, my point that he himself was far from flawless and should avoid criticising other for it still stands. Its a game forum, Lucert being unnecessarily unpleasent to AVT deserved him being called out on. Your post just shows that you entirely missed the point.

In the part where I was actually commenting, I reverted to my ordinary casual writing style on forum. This wasn't me getting caught up in grammar policing, it was me making a sarcastic post telling Lucert 'let him without sin cast the first stone - well, sort of. How does one not understand that?

Oh - and for all I care, you can use text speak, as long as I understand whats being said, I really don't care about the presentation of it.
    Last edited by MartinJames; 12 Sep 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    Personally, I just don't think the a game forum is a place in which flawless grammar is necessary. Lucert went after AVT completely unnecessarily, my point that he himself was far from flawless and should avoid criticising other for it still stands. Its a game forum, Lucert being unnecessarily unpleasent to AVT deserved him being called out on. Your post just shows that you entirely missed the point.

In the part where I was actually commenting, I reverted to my ordinary casual writing style on forum. This wasn't me getting caught up in grammar policing, it was me making a sarcastic post telling Lucert 'let him without sin cast the first stone - well, sort of. How does one not understand that?

Oh - and for all I care, you can use text speak, as long as I understand whats being said, I really don't care about the presentation of it.
    "The point is, if you're going to criticise someone's English Lucert, you may want to make sure your own is up to scratch!"

SO, the point wasn't this then! Ah.... that makes sense....

I'm also not sure if you noticed, but Lucert was commenting on AVT's reading comprehension rather than writing skills. thb.. I think you may have missed his point..
    Last edited by walls; 12 Sep 2013 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    "The point is, if you're going to criticise someone's English Lucert, you may want to make sure your own is up to scratch!"

SO, the point wasn't this then! Ah.... that makes sense....
    And you don't see how those that point is in the context the same as 'let him without sin cast the first stone'. Awesome work.

Lucey took the mick out of AVTs english, when his own wasn't perfect. Simples, I never told him to go take some english course or whatever, I just said if you're going after his check your own first.
    Last edited by MartinJames; 12 Sep 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast