Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 95

Thread: Arti's @ 30 Hours In

  1. #1
    Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    2

    Default Arti's @ 30 Hours In

    Without any further ado, the much requested Artefact round up! Many thanks to Insomniacs for statistics

    As always, so soon after release, there will be artefacts left uncaptured, so these numbers will change! There will be no points tally for smalls, larges, uniques, because I believe in the right hands, with the right mindset, each and every artefact can be as useful as each other.

    Please chat and moan, complain and brag all you like. Do you disagree with my predictions, or the realistic contender in the quad? Say so!

    NE

    Meerkats predicted 4/2/1 actual 3/3/1
    DMA - predicted 5/1/1 actual 5/2/0
    S.P.Q.R - predicted 1/0/0 actual 2/0/0

    Interesting events in the NE, with Meerkats and DMA taking equal numbers of artefacts. S.P.Q.R will be disappointed with their tally, especially coming from the rank 3 simmers alliance on the server, but were they really expecting more? It just goes to show that pop isn’t everything! I'm informed that some artefacts that S.P.Q.R have already been pilfered by others (DMA), really not a good show by the Roman Legion. Tut tut. DMA neglecting to take any of the NE uniques, which would have complemented their haul nicely, whilst Meerkats impressively snapped up the big one – THE UNIQUE DIET! – albeit rather late into the first day.

    Main talking point – Is this the start of something big for Meerkats?
    Realistic contenders - DMA


    NW
    © - predicted 6/1/1 actual 5/1/0
    AoD - predicted 2/1/0 actual 0/0/0

    Very slow uptake of artefacts in the NW, with both a large and the unique Academic seemingly abandoned by all. AoD must have woken up late, as even over 24 hours after release, not one Treasure Chamber has been filled! Even with this lack of interest, their competitors in the quad, the mighty force that is ©, have only a small number of Larges, and no Uniques as yet, an unimpressive number of smalls, which they’ll surely hope to put to good use as they wrestle for dominance in the quad.

    Main talking point – Where are all the troops in the NW, and who’s reaching that Unique AA first?!
    Realistic contenders - ©

    SW
    TSL- predicted 9/4/2 actual 11/5/3
    LN - predicted 3/1/0 actual 3/0/0

    As expected, TSL took a lot of arti’s, and not just from the SW either, understandable due to the incredible player base at their disposal, both in terms of quality and quantity. TSL were blessed with the ability to pick and choose at will due to their lockdown on the quad, but with such a number of artefacts, will they be able to keep them all safe from the likes of LN, and the neighbouring quads? Very impressive organisation by the leadership team, but again, a lot of minds to put together! LN underachieving slightly, no larges or uniques in sight, but still managing to pick up three smalls in arguably the most contested quad. With such an overwhelming force against them, can LN hold on to those arti’s? Can they survive now that TSL have arti’s out of the way, or will they be picked apart by such an overwhelming force?

    Main talking point – Is TSL unstoppable?
    Realistic contenders - TSL


    SE
    Toons! - predicted 5/3/1 actual 6/2/2
    GcC - predicted 0/0/0 actual 3/0/0

    Impressive performance from GcC, in a quad that many had assumed was locked down by Toons!. Three smalls are nothing to brag about, and may be difficult to defend with wily coyotes (see what I did there?) at your doorstep, but more that I had expected, good on you! Toons! picking up the Unique Fool, although currently held inside the SW – I can’t help but wonder how much longer that’ll last. Interesting reshuffle just before release, moving all ‘useful’ players into a single wing, and ditching the rest, will that affect how well they can hold on to their bounty?

    Main talking point – What happens in the SE now? Is a clear-out expected by the dominant Toons!, or will they look to recruit new allies for endgame?

    Realistic contenders – Toons!


    Summary
    - As expected, the big alliances took arti's, the little ones didn't. Arti's will move hands, passed freely or stolen, for weeks to come, and will ultimately play a deciding part in the outcome of the server.
    - Will alliances go cross quad to snatch those crucial WW uniques?
    - Will they move their AA's around to promote troop growth for all members, ready for that offensive onslaught that is late-game, or support one or two players into forming hammers that make men weak at the knees?
    - Will the mighty Aslan ever take an artefact?
    - Will GcC's destruction of Toons! finally stop MJ's incessant bragging?
    - Can Meerkats hold that Unique Diet safe to put to use on a WW attempt, or will it be whisked away by the overwhelming horde from the South?

    What do you think?
    Last edited by Doctor; 14 Oct 2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Update! Cheers guys :)

  2. #2

    Default

    Nice, update.

    Just and FYI SPQR did have more but have already lost one to DMA

  3. #3

    Default

    I think C only have 5 smalls.
    ~The N00b that could; I was banned once because MH's thought I was a bot. Easy mistake.
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/25986449943 uk1 round 7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecoJewpq-I uk1 round 7 end game vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzL9htlbNvA uk1 round 8 end game vid.

    S1 - Bang!

  4. #4

    Default

    Looks like TSL II have had somone try to steal an Arti off them. Anyone care to shed light on this?

    Kiasbosh's Small Academic Advancement

  5. #5
    MemberMember Insomniacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    England GMT
    Posts
    216

    Default

    It was I, in a fit of jealous rage No, I had a shocking area, and tried to catch the holder out overnight. Unfortunately, I hadn't bargained on 35k of defence.
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 15 Oct 2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: ign mentioned
    'On the gallows tree, all men are brothers'.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Insomniacs View Post
    It was I, in a fit of jealous rage No, I had a shocking area, and tried to catch the holder out overnight. Unfortunately, I hadn't bargained on 35k of defence.
    Any chance of a report?
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 15 Oct 2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: link posted with ign

  7. #7
    MemberMember Insomniacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    England GMT
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy5 View Post
    Any chance of a report?
    I'm afraid I've mentioned his name, so I believe posting a report would now be against forum rules, unless I have his permission.
    'On the gallows tree, all men are brothers'.

  8. #8
    Active MemberActive MemberActive Member keevill_81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Warfield
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Insomniacs View Post
    It was I, in a fit of jealous rage No, I had a shocking area, and tried to catch the holder out overnight. Unfortunately, I hadn't bargained on 35k of defence.
    LOL wasn't a def call in main wing for that either

    also I think not taking arties can be a smart play for smaller alliances . will bring unwanted attention to some . if def is limited and u have the prospect of a quad war on your hands do u really want to wrestler larger players from larger alliances in other quads who would not bother with u unless u had a nice shinny A.A or haste . sure... not taking shows a lack of ambition but some times its just boxing clever
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 15 Oct 2013 at 01:27 PM.

  9. #9
    New Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    39

    Default

    i didnt launch at the Unique diet, as the chances of getting it from a distance are slim usually... though in retrospect, i should have...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy5 View Post
    Any chance of a report?
    I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to provide a report as defensive strategy is one of our most powerful weapons on this server.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiabosh View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to provide a report as defensive strategy is one of our most powerful weapons on this server.
    Defensive strategy? YOu mean put troops in a village. You realise you could make the defense numbers anonymous

  12. #12

    Default

    Nice analysis, however you contradict yourself slightly as you say that
    There will be no points tally for smalls, larges, uniques, because I believe in the right hands, with the right mindset, each and every artefact can be as useful as each other.
    Yet, you go on to talk about how some alliances have disappointed/underachieved by not getting larges/uniques.

  13. #13
    MemberMember Insomniacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    England GMT
    Posts
    216
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 15 Oct 2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: attack report not anonymous
    'On the gallows tree, all men are brothers'.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Insomniacs View Post
    Nice Hammer there fella (and nice def) - I am still waiting for mine to get back from their fruitless round trip. Complete fail on the spawn locations this round for me - the nearest was 145 squares away.

    Guess I'll have to nick one
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 15 Oct 2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: linked report not anonymous

  15. #15

    Default

    If you were all really that good you wouldn't need an artefact.
    By Sexy logic the best Travian player in the world .
    Oh no SMASH think I am a Noob.

    I miss Magnus.

  16. #16

    Default

    I've done fine without too, but can't resist the temptation

  17. #17
    Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jezvslexx View Post
    If you were all really that good you wouldn't need an artefact.
    Even if you are good you still cant train troops faster

  18. #18
    Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ 7 View Post
    Nice analysis, however you contradict yourself slightly as you say that
    Yet, you go on to talk about how some alliances have disappointed/underachieved by not getting larges/uniques.
    Ah, you got me there! Of course, it's probably just me being a little lazy, and not being all too confident on how many points to award for each arti! Uniques, especially the Diet and Architects, are obviously incredibly important come endgame, and the AA, if in the hands of a deffer, can be absolutely ridiculous.

    I would say that Larges are probably on par with smalls, and Uniques are just a tad higher rated - my personal opinion anyway.

    In other news:
    Cogratulation to the Toons! players who travelled from the SE to the NW to snap up the Unique AA, which nobody else seemed all too interested in. Can Toons! put it to good use in an account with production that can keep it pumping 24/7?

  19. #19
    Active MemberActive MemberActive Member keevill_81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Warfield
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post


    In other news:
    Cogratulation to the Toons! players who travelled from the SE to the NW to snap up the Unique AA, which nobody else seemed all too interested in.
    not true I was interested I was very interested this server has not been kind to me

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    In other news:
    Cogratulation to the Toons! players who travelled from the SE to the NW to snap up the Unique AA, which nobody else seemed all too interested in. Can Toons! put it to good use in an account with production that can keep it pumping 24/7?
    Pump that account with ress and watch the magic happen
    Past names:~~
    Server 7 [2013]: Lady Killer
    Server 1 [2013]: Basher



Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •