Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Lovers

LisaWhaley

Default Cricket Lovers

Who will be the winner of T20 2014.....????

New Poster

Would like it to be South Africa, but their track record would say otherwise.

Will most likely be India, their teams are gaining a lot of experience from the IPL

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos! View Post
    Would like it to be South Africa, but their track record would say otherwise.

Will most likely be India, their teams are gaining a lot of experience from the IPL
    Im surprised this thread isnt about the Ashes.... But it is best to avoid that topic.

My bet would be India. Pakistan would have a chance I guess.

How have Sri Lanka been doing? And the Windies too?

New Poster

According to the most recent rankings. Sri Lanka is no1 for T20's.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/team-rankings/t20i

The way South Africa has demolished India's bowling attack in each of the last three ODI's suggests that India probably does not have the strict bowling attack needed.

South Africa stands a good chance, but will they choke as always?

What's the last question you would want me to ask in this sig?
    Here it is:
    What's the purpose of life?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Aslan View Post
    The way South Africa has demolished India's bowling attack in each of the last three ODI's suggests that India probably does not have the strict bowling attack needed.

South Africa stands a good chance, but will they choke as always?
    India has never had a good bowling attack. Their batting is above par and thats what gets them too. Opposite true of Pakistan. Rubbish batting and brilliant bowling.

New Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    India has never had a good bowling attack. Their batting is above par and thats what gets them too. Opposite true of Pakistan. Rubbish batting and brilliant bowling.
    For T20's you need good batting and bowling. You need to be able to compensate with one if the other is having a bad they. You can't just rely on one front to keap pulling you through

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos! View Post
    For T20's you need good batting and bowling. You need to be able to compensate with one if the other is having a bad they. You can't just rely on one front to keap pulling you through
    India won last T20 with equally as average bowlers I believe. Their batting is that good.

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Swann's resignation half way through this Ashes test. Should he have seen it out?

Im kind of gutted to see him go, to be honest, I know this Ashes test has been pretty horrendous, but still... that's not exactly going to help the morale and ergo the dignity of the rest of the team, is it?

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keiji_Maeda View Post
    Swann's resignation half way through this Ashes test. Should he have seen it out?

Im kind of gutted to see him go, to be honest, I know this Ashes test has been pretty horrendous, but still... that's not exactly going to help the morale and ergo the dignity of the rest of the team, is it?
    I was pretty shocked when I saw it... I havnt seen any mention that his injury has being aggravated. Its a bit strange for him to stop playing half way through the series.

At least Panesar will get a game now

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Hoping Panesar will lead us to at least 1 win this Ashes... Theyre reminding us why this test happens pretty heavily.

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

Im not holding on to much hope of England winning a test...

I think a draw might be doable but a win looks hard. It would be nice to bat first in the next test match.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member boxerboy89's Avatar

Well watching australias T20 league, I wouldnt count on them!
    My bet would be on india, they got some good sloggers.
    UK4 - Mr.Joe | UK1 - Stormfront

intelligencer Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member james22's Avatar

Anyone else disgusted with how England lost the 4th Test *facepalm*
    Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

It started off bad, then we had a good day. And then it went bad again

Im not holding out any hope for the 5th match.

intelligencer Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member james22's Avatar

I've already put a bet on the whitewash
    Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Angelic

I'm so glad that I came to Australia to watch the cricket.

England 14-3 chasing 326-10.

So worth the £...
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    I'm so glad that I came to Australia to watch the cricket.

England 14-3 chasing 326-10.

So worth the £...
    Oh wow... I knew you were in Australia but I didnt think you were going to watch it.

I am staying to watch it tonight but England are playing terribly.

Angelic

Its how the trip came about. I was sat at uni with a couple of mates and an advert came on tv for the ashes in Australia. We were like, 'we should go' and booked tickets that night. The downer was we expected England to at least win one match so booked 3 days at Melbourne and 3 days at Sydney. Little did we know England would have already lost by that point.

It takes some of the enjoyment out of it when your whole trip is centered around the cricket, not really holidaying or backpacking but somewhere in between while you wait for the next test, and then your team fail to perform. I guess on the bright side I got to watch Piers Morgan live while he got bowled at by Brett Lee in the nets.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast