View Poll Results: Choose the winner of this week's BoW!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Week - Round 10 (12/01 - 19/01)

Default Battle of the Week - Round 10 (12/01 - 19/01)

Battle of the Week - Server 5

Dear All,

welcome to the seventh round of the "Battle of the Week" competition for Server 5. The idea of this thread is to vote the best battle report from the server.

How will it work?
    Every Sunday night (or Monday morning) we will set up a poll with all the battle reports posted on the Best Attack/Defence reports in the previous 7 days (from Sunday 7am), and you will have 48 hours to vote for your favourite. After that a winner will be crowned and the report (as well as the player/alliance) will be added to a UK5 Hall of Battle Fame.

What battle reports are eligible?
    All reports posted in the attack/defence thread will be collected. Multiple attacks on the same village (as part of a coordinated action) can be considered as one report, but that should be made clear in the post on Best Attack/Defence. It is also expected that these attacks occur on the same village and in a limited time scale.

What makes the "Best Battle Report" the best?
    Well, this is up to you: it might be attack or defence points, it might be damage done to infrastructure, it might be artefact steals, cata cullings, hammers killed, or anything else. Of course you will be welcome to comment on your choice and discuss the merits of the different options.

Why do it?
    The reason for this is twofold. The first is that it gives an opportunity to debate on battle reports, and discuss their merits. The second one is that Travian is a war game, so we feel that a competition based around battles is only fair!

Will it go on every week?
    Short answer is yes, as long as you like it There might be some occasions (especially during the festive period), though, in which we might have to delay the poll. There will still be a winner for the delayed week though.
    Apologies for this round's delay!

What if no attack is posted in seven days?
    Well...in that case we will record it in the Hall of Battle Fame as "Peace"

What if reports hold no information on player and/or alliance?
    They will be included in the competition for the best report, but the Hall of Battle Fame will record "Anon" as the winner.

What if nobody votes for the poll?
    In that case the competition will record no winner. Of course if this happens a few weeks in a row we'll get the hint and understand that you probably don't like the idea.

What happens next?
    We are running this as a pilot. If you like it there are possible options for the future:
    1) Uk Battle of the Month - winners of the competitions in the individual embassies competing to be crowned Battle of the Month across the whole domain (possibly including a "Battle Domain of the Year" for the embassy that won the most)
    2) End of round Battle Rankings - Where IGNs and/or alliances have been named in the reports, we will be able to crown the Battle winners of the round.
    3) Any suggestions here are welcome

The CTD vs Ryder is wrong. The defender was Alpackabreeders. I'm the first to put my hands up and admit a mistake. That one was me.
    Does this count as a sig? am I cool yet?

Gosh is that all the reports for the week?

All these arties, the artie steals etc... Amazing...

I put up my arti steal a day ago, I guess it didnt make the cut for the week. Most players didn't post there artifact hits for some reason though, was looking to see who had the biggest/most powerful hammer out there.
    Uk1- Cool Runnings
    Uk2- Black Mamba
    Uk4- Ser Lowe

~Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve991 View Post
    I put up my arti steal a day ago, I guess it didnt make the cut for the week. Most players didn't post there artifact hits for some reason though, was looking to see who had the biggest/most powerful hammer out there.
    Biggest hammer you've seen then? Must be some large ones out there considering the extra res..
    "I have edited your post and removed the section whereby you are encouraging moog to break the rules." -mod

meh
    Uk3 - Round 5: http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/2533830af11.png + http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/24895058b28.png - I love to feed troops.
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/2538802fcc3.png

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Yeah, I defo didn't let someone elses hammer get caught at my place
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Quote Originally Posted by Setback View Post
    Biggest hammer you've seen then? Must be some large ones out there considering the extra res..
    Are you asking what the biggest hammer ive seen used so far this server? The biggest ive seen used was my own when I took my large AA from the natars, but again, most people didnt post there natar steals(i didnt), so there could very well have been bigger.
    Uk1- Cool Runnings
    Uk2- Black Mamba
    Uk4- Ser Lowe

~Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    you could play nice for once I was sticking up for you. To be fair, She hit from 4 hours away at 5 am.
    Does this count as a sig? am I cool yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hurt View Post
    The CTD vs Ryder is wrong. The defender was Alpackabreeders. I'm the first to put my hands up and admit a mistake. That one was me.
    Apologies for the mistake! I try to work out the info from the comments in the posts, but I clearly got this wrong. I can't change the poll, but will make sure the info is correct in the Hall of Fame post!

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hurt View Post
    you could play nice for once I was sticking up for you. To be fair, She hit from 4 hours away at 5 am.
    Tbf, I always play nice :p

and yeah, though I blame your dual, he should of been online checking for incs every couple of hours!
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

I voted for myself, well you know I had a few to choose from, I went for my CTD (2) hit as it was quiet nice to get so many waves manually in such a small space, even though I got cut all waved still went to the end doing damage.
    Server 6, Round 1 (Jul 2008 - Jun 2009) - Baggins
    Server 5, Round 4 (Sep 2011 - Jul 2012) - Baggins / Marcos
    Server 5, Birthday Round (Sep 2013 - June 2014) - Lord Baggins
    Server 5, Round 7 (Sep 2014 - May 2015) - Ares
    Server 3, Round 9 (May 2016 - Mar 2017) - Baggins
    Server 2, Round 9 (Oct 2016 - July 2017) - Gin and Tonic

Tbf, I always play nice :p

and yeah, though I blame your dual, he should of been online checking for incs every couple of hours!
    Wind your neck in Ryder you know I'm incapable at this game How's your cap fields?

Mrs. Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Oscillator View Post
    Wind your neck in Ryder you know I'm incapable at this game How's your cap fields?
    Level 1's --- Decided pointless to rebuild them with the account on delete...

Attempt at my diet arti this morning from ADD, a nice hammer;

Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Wolf View Post
    Gosh is that all the reports for the week?

All these arties, the artie steals etc... Amazing...
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2525932fc90

Here is a small one for you .. but you already have seen it i guess ..

Nice and from a rare contributor

I do read the forums but don't write a lot .. sometimes it's just better, believe me!

I understand... With people like me around is really not worth it lol

Still I welcome a new contributor

lol, if you follow my posts 4-5 years ago you'll understand .. so don't worry, it's nothing about you - but thank you

Oh dear... That bad

never mind - back to topic ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast