Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flappy Bird (iOS game)

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

What. I have just checked Ebay. :|

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

So have I, clearly not actually being paid for! :o
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

Downloaded
    Played once
    Deleted

Really can't see what the fuss is, terrible game !

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

I think that's basically what the designer said

I find it funny how I'd get a reputation as a nerd for spending a lot of time on CoD in my spare time. Yet these people are glued to their phones on crap like Flappy Birds, Candy Crush etc. constantly

Gaul MemberGaul Member Gridy100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    I find it funny how I'd get a reputation as a nerd for spending a lot of time on CoD in my spare time. Yet these people are glued to their phones on crap like Flappy Birds, Candy Crush etc. constantly
    As a CoD player myself I understand what you mean but the reason that these kind of games are so popular is because on the tube on the way to work they can set a new high score. Carrothead, what console do you play CoD on?
    Come to the dark side... WE HAVE COOKIES! OmNomNom

Quote Originally Posted by Gridy100 View Post
    As a CoD player myself I understand what you mean but the reason that these kind of games are so popular is because on the tube on the way to work they can set a new high score. Carrothead, what console do you play CoD on?
    That's even worse though! I can nerd it up then leave it and get on with life, a lot of people seem to have their phones glued to their hands.

I used to play on PS3, but unfortunately it died and I haven't got around to replacing it or buying a new console. I'm very tempted to but I can't afford a distraction right now... And I know it'd be very distracting, ha.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

It's the sad way things are these days. Social sheep with nothing interesting enough in their lives so they must check Facebook every 2 minutes and play stupid games like flappy bird.

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

I agree.

/me checks travian
    /me checks other travian server
    /me checks skype
    /me checks forum

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

I think we can get away with travian though septimus (to a degree).

The amount of rubbish posted on Facebook and people moan about it yet still keep checking it like an obsessive compulsion is just stupid. I mean who the flying [bleep] actually cares enough about the turgid swathes of vacuous, narcissistic, repetitious dribble that leaves the fingertips of seemingly a majority of empty-headed imbeciles that appear to be taking over the world.

I only have it for the rare instances that something genuinely interesting, relating to one of my actual friends, does indeed occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridy100 View Post
    Very true, but much more addictive than something like cookie clickers!
    Cookie clicker is the weirdest thing ever. But, yet gets addictive to a certain point

And here is my highest score

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...91617396_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    a lot of people seem to have their phones glued to their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    It's the sad way things are these days. Social sheep with nothing interesting enough in their lives so they must check Facebook every 2 minutes and play stupid games like flappy bird.
    How come it is different than a competitive travian player tho? Any game can get addictive. Certain people tends to get addicted to certain types of games. So while spending so much time on travian, I think it is not fair to judge others for wasting their time on the games that you dont really fancy. I know that my whole family and 95% of my friends think exactly the same thing about me playing travian...
    Last edited by Kenobi; 15 Feb 2014 at 12:43 PM.
    UK3, R6 / Sniff - SMASH! Leadership

SO STROK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    How come it is different than a competitive travian player tho? Any game can get addictive. Certain people tends to get addicted to certain types of the games. So while spending so much time on travian, I think it is not fair to judge others for wasting their time on the games that you dont really fancy. I know that my whole family and 95% of my friends think exactly the same thing about me playing travian...
    In my eyes it isn't much different. If you've constantly got your phone out to play Travian it's just as sad as any other game. Travian there is downtime though where you don't need to constantly be doing things... Stuff like Flappy Birds people don't seem to know how to put it down and give it a rest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12