View Poll Results: Do you like the suggestion and would like it implemented as part of newer versions?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes; I like the idea. Please implement.

10 100.00%
  • No; I do not like the idea. Please do not implement.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demolishing buildings - A demolition 'queue'

Default Demolishing buildings - A demolition 'queue'

Demolishing buildings - A demolition 'queue'

Introduction: One of the many features that comes with Travian PLUS is the ability to queue more than one building, or resource, simultaneously. For example:

The benefits of this, as most will know, is the ability to spend less time in front of a computer screen clicking 'upgrade field' twice as often. Albeit a feature we pay for, it's considered mandatory for most players.

Background: A few years ago there was a loophole in the main building's demolish coding which allowed players to queue as many demolition orders as they wanted. This worked by queueing the demo order and refreshing the page straight away, then when asked to 'Confirm form submission', all you had to do was click yes, and repeat - refresh and hit enter, refresh hit enter and so forth. This was an awesome glitch / bug / oversight that allowed players to demolish a level 20 building almost instantly. Players could wait for the first level to demolish, which would subsequently take all other queued levels with it, or insta-build once to zero a building for just 2 Gold. The building queue of X amount of levels was never publicly displayed, so if you lost count you would have to guess, or knock a few more levels off again later. This was most useful though, when demolishing several level 10 crannies, a level 20 TC or any other unwanted, high-level building. It worked by, quite simply, resending the demolishing order data.

Problem: A workaround has since been implemented which means only one demolition order can be queued at any given moment, regardless of a players Travian PLUS status (active or inactive). If you try the above technique, the following message comes up:

Without trying to taunt players with such an amazing feature that isn't available anymore, I wanted to suggest a compromise for T5. I'd love to ask for the word-around to be removed so that I can demolish a level 20 building in seconds, again. However, my argument is as follows:

Solution: Enable players who have Travian PLUS activated to demolish two buildings in the same village simultaneously.

Why?
    1) It saves valuable time, avoiding the menial 'administrative' tasks nobody wants to do.
    2) We can queue two buildings simultaneously, so why can't we demolish two as well?

How would it look?

(excuse the time gaps as the screenshots were taken at different times). Most people wont take as much convincing as some, but hopefully there's enough rationale there for everyone.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? Improvements to the suggestion?
    Last edited by Hawkery; 10 Feb 2014 at 01:29 PM. Reason: adjusting argument structure

Yes i agree

Dont see why this isnt about already, nice and simple. Very useful

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Yes please

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

This will never happen. As it will lose Trav HQ money. Simples.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

At one point there was a hint that it might be possible to order demolition in one go (for a small amount of gold that I'd gladly pay for); it's never materialised tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    I do love a challenge

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

This is what I thought...

I often spend 20 gold getting a level 10 building to 0. If you could do 2 levels at once I would only be paying half.

But sure I would like to see it implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    This is what I thought...

I often spend 20 gold getting a level 10 building to 0. If you could do 2 levels at once I would only be paying half.

But sure I would like to see it implemented.
    It's a smaller example, but the quests in the Birthday server and T4.4 where you can be awarded an extra day of Plus wood / clay / iron / wheat / PLUS will come at a cost to Travian, albeit a very small one. They didn't have to offer stuff that will eat in to their margins but they did. As small an impact as it may make to an individual account it will have a bigger impact on a widespread view. It's like McDonalds charging a penny less for their 99p burgers - a ridiculously small saving for the consumer but considering how many burgers are sold, it would have a much bigger impact nationally / globally unless they cut their costs to meet / exceed the reduction in price.

Matt will shout at me, but if I've done the lazy, back of the stamp math right, it's more like 15p to 45p off a 99p burger.

Huh?

So if McDonalds sells on average 6.5m burgers a day, that's £6,435,000. Take one penny off that and you get £6,370,000 with a difference of £65,000 which works out at £23,735,000 in 365 days (a year).

My point is that a small insignificant change to one person actually equates to a huge change to an organisation. Stop nit picking on my analogies :p

it was ropey :p

15p = £975,000 a day and £356,025,000 p/y. £356m for a customer to save 15 pennies? Blimey, best get making those baps with more cardboard!

A day of free wood would probably equate to 0.75 gold out of the 5 it would cost for a week or 1.5 for Plus, on average saving about 1 gold a day out of the 30 it costs for a week of all of them, so compared to a 99p burger the ratio is 1:30 / 3:90 / 3.3:99 (ish), so would be similar as a 6p reduction in a burger.

All my allergies are ropey to some extent, they're analogies afterall :D my math gets a bit ropey though, that I can admit.

It costs 30 gold a week for plus and 25%s; you can get 7 days of bonus free a week = 5 gold; so 5 gold out of 30 gold ~ 16p out of 99p (x3 and a bit). If you get a free plus day, it goes up a bit more.

£356mn sounds a lot, but it's still only around 1%. Throwing around big numbers looks impressive, but out of turnover the size of McDo's it's not much :p And it's not just one customer saving 15p ofc

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

All the talk of burgers is making me get up and go to mc'ds now. Thanks guys!
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Ahh, forgot to X the daily gold to a week value.

Do I see the savings that other customers make? Of course everyone saves 15p but what difference does that make to my back pocket? Great, Mary, Joe, Paul and Simon all saved a few quid on their burgers but I wont see that.

And my original point was that one small change to adding in daily challenges could have had a bigger impact than we might realise, so while some users might not think they're saving much money or gold, there's a much bigger impact. Of course it's proportionate but it's noticed a lot more in the boardroom than it is on a players computer when the click a button. My overall point; Travian were willing to factor that in to their bottom line, why not a demolish queue as well?

- - - Updated - - -

All the talk of burgers is making me get up and go to mc'ds now. Thanks guys!
    You're welcome. Nothing like a bit of cardboard and horse meat slapped together ehy.

Mrs. Fantastic

I love horse meat, so might get two now.

Re the topic. You're saying a member won't notice much change in this but the company will? i.e your 15p to their whatever thousand? Sounds like your defending not adding this into the game rather than fighting for it.

I stick to my original claim. Trav don't mind giving few days here and there with 25% bonus etc as it keeps non gold users more interested - whereas this demo que won't make no difference in keeping player or not, imo.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

My point was Travian have made sacrifices to how much gold a player needs to spend. They've actively sought a way which will in turn lead to less gold being spent, in theory anyway. Do they actually keep players interested? Tbh I'm getting a bit sick of queueing 20, 20, 20 infantry, then 20, 20, 20 horses instead of queueing however many I would normally. I haven't gone passed the 50 mark often as the 75 rewards are a bit naff. All the rewards [par the 50 mark] seem to have less value the further the server goes on. 1k res? Are you taking the mic? 5 cages? Don't insult me. Yes I can get the res for doing what I would do anyway, regardless of whether the quests were there but they make such little difference that if it wasn't for the 50 mark, I wouldn't waste my time trying to get them.

When trying to demolish several crannies, or a high level building. What would you prefer, the ability to queue two levels and auto-queue another 3 (like when building) and not have to worry about signing in every couple of minutes (or hours for a TC, for example), or do you enjoy constantly clicking back and forth? If you're going to wait it out instead of auto-demolishing, it gets incredibly tedious and from my experiences, pushes me away from the game when as I get really annoyed with the level of stupid tasks that usually don't bother me in small doses. If you're going to insta-demolish it, then you're doing it because you're either really lazy or under time constraints,, if the latter then you're going to insta-demolish regardless. The cost to Travian? 10 gold. You would have to demolish a building on average once every two weeks to meet the same costs as what the quests are costing, so 21 buildings over the course of a server (if averaged at 52 weeks).

edit: I know the auto-queue 3 demo levels wasn't part of my suggestion, but it could be one way to monetise on the idea to help make up for loss of income.

Mrs. Fantastic

You don't need to que 20,20,20 You can que over 20 and it kicks in also. I won't charge for that tip.

You made my point within your post - you say about the having to sign in every couple of minutes/hrs to have to autodemo, which would be a way of doing so freely. But by not doing this, you might get to a point where you now need to use gold to finish lowering due to having not got the building down quick enough. TC would be prime example here.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Then queue two or auto queue three levels?

And I've tried queueing more than 20, didn't work for me.

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkery View Post
    My point was Travian have made sacrifices to how much gold a player needs to spend. They've actively sought a way which will in turn lead to less gold being spent, in theory anyway. Do they actually keep players interested? Tbh I'm getting a bit sick of queueing 20, 20, 20 infantry, then 20, 20, 20 horses instead of queueing however many I would normally. I haven't gone passed the 50 mark often as the 75 rewards are a bit naff. All the rewards [par the 50 mark] seem to have less value the further the server goes on. 1k res? Are you taking the mic? 5 cages? Don't insult me. Yes I can get the res for doing what I would do anyway, regardless of whether the quests were there but they make such little difference that if it wasn't for the 50 mark, I wouldn't waste my time trying to get them.

I hope this point is forwarded by the crew. Bar the first week or so, 1k ress. 5 cages, a bit CP etc is pointless. It either needs to be dynamic, or it needs to be removed after x days, seeing as the intetion for trav for adding this feature is to keep players active.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast