Thread: How much defence did you build?

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Default How much defence did you build?

What's this? A third thread in a day on a rather quiet server embassy..bit risky I think but here goes.

So we often see the attackers at work and even with the poor documentation of this servers hits, word can still spread. What we rarely see are the defence figures people can rack up during end game. So if you think yours is worth sharing, post it up!

I'll kick off:

So after sending the average 200k hammer we made after a previous splat at the raichu WW, we ended up with 185k praets and 70k legs (legs already level 20, so continued).

Further smashers I can share include:

Woody - I think over 300k spears before the suicides on the Henry plan.

Cgc1 - a first time player who reached around 160k phalanx, 70k Druids (!!) and 20k haeds. Remarkable for a newcomer and generally a good guy. Also a consistent top defender all server with high activity and 50-60k Druids for a long time..

Aula - after a bit of a kick up the butt, 250k spears/20k palas roughly.

Sam GJ - another dependable, high activity player. A reliable attacker with a couple of hammers all server turned into making 165k praets!

Ahab - around 215k phalanx and 40k Druids. (Guided by utku (sniff))

There are other folks like Henry, Aaz, Castor, HMP, volbeat who were all well inside 6 figures of defence. Unfortunately the troop tool is rather hit and miss for recent updates so any smashers I havn't mentioned it's because I don't really know what you had. Feel free to pipe up!

All smashers managed: 3 million in WW, 700k+ in both static plans, 600k+ in unique architect. (could probably name at least 10 who didn't even build any def )

Any GUT, HATE, Apex, etc wish to contribute?

P.S extra mention for hawkery who we know made a nice number of praets before Dojo killed them
    Last edited by commander; 17 Apr 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Every time my anvil reached 100k odd defence they were reduced once again by another def call against smash

Lost count of the times I rebuilt to those pesky smash attackers !

Elrond. (Hate)

I don't know.. I think around 45k spears and 12-13k palas. 8) But then I also provided def in the form of clubs, rams and catas, and they count as well!
    "I have edited your post and removed the section whereby you are encouraging moog to break the rules." -mod

meh
    Uk3 - Round 5: http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/2533830af11.png + http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/24895058b28.png - I love to feed troops.
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/2538802fcc3.png

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

This thread is about the people who were there to potentially save your backside and allow you to build those clubs/rams/cata.

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    P.S extra mention for hawkery who we know made a nice number of praets before Dojo killed them
    Wasnt it Sniff who killed em?
    UK3, R6 / Sniff - SMASH! Leadership

SO STROK!!!

Pretty sure it was one of dojos last bashes. Unless you have the report from you doing it?

This one http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2568790bf6e

Not sure if there is another that Dojo cleared but don't think there is.

impressive amount built in limited time. Shame hero wasn't there...

SO STROK!!!

Ok snifflette

Dojo must have splat stumo then or something.

Not that it matters 8)

Back to topic, I should say that it was impressive that some attackers turned into very good defenders after splatting hammers. I know that it is not easy to switch the playstyle, but those guys deserve some credit. SAM GJ, Soliman, HMP, frederj, unho, Mad Scientist were the remarkable ones.

Also I am happy to see new recruits turned into best defenders. Arrow, Castor and Woody all maintained nice defense number and high activity.

In HATE I should say elrond, offspring, duvel, Skull&Bones (and Hawkery at later stage) were impressive defenders, by looks of it. Especially Offspring and Skull&Bones (till he deleted along with Bone Collector), I believe, maintained +100k defense whole server, despite got cleared several times. Hats off to you guys too...

Would be nice to get GUT, Warpath and Apex numbers too. I imagine Stormwarrior and Harlequin had big anvils.

SO STROK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    Not that it matters 8)

Back to topic, I should say that it was impressive that some attackers turned into very good defenders after splatting hammers. I know that it is not easy to switch the playstyle, but those guys deserve some credit. SAM GJ, Soliman, HMP, frederj, unho, Mad Scientist were the remarkable ones.

Also I am happy to see new recruits turned into best defenders. Arrow, Castor and Woody all maintained nice defense number and high activity.

In HATE I should say elrond, offspring, duvel, Skull&Bones (and Hawkery at later stage) were impressive defenders, by looks of it. Especially Offspring and Skull&Bones (till he deleted along with Bone Collector), I believe, maintained +100k defense whole server, despite got cleared several times. Hats off to you guys too...

Would be nice to get GUT, Warpath and Apex numbers too. I imagine Stormwarrior and Harlequin had big anvils.
    How can you forget crimp?!?!
    "I have edited your post and removed the section whereby you are encouraging moog to break the rules." -mod

meh
    Uk3 - Round 5: http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/2533830af11.png + http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/24895058b28.png - I love to feed troops.
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/2538802fcc3.png

Apex had around 600k combined defence in the WW at the end of the server i think.

Personally we hit 100k spears at one point, they got starved in a glitch on the Apex WW and went back to building maces.

Not that it matters 8)

It used to be more common for WWK builders to switch to defence - certainly in the alliances with a lot of loyalty. In T4 and with the rise of spoiler alliances, it became increasing common for another army to be built instead. And the big egos often delete!

WWK building/storing in particular uses most of the same skills as defence (juggling wheat about, churning out large numbers of troops, remembering to do upgrades etc.). It's long puzzled me why more don't recognise that e.g. timed inserts are just as skilful as well timed use of cats.

HMP (if it's the same one) has been a super defender and attacker for as long as I can remember.

HMP (Paul) was an all round decent player yeah, very good team player also
    This is why some of us are fantastic, and others are just, moogs. Noobery at its finest.

^^ That one was Sniff, just checked my archived reports.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2014-04-20 21.15.12.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	5757

Sorry it's a bit blurry but I had to zoom out a few times to get it all in one screenshot lol.

The defenders I remember most (mostly due to having more contact with them) are Elrond, Inky, Ifcfan had a nice amount of defence plus his hammer. Indefatigable & Septimus were valuable players while they were about. Played with Win Warg a few times and he's always come out well. There are a few others that have been instrumental to catching hammers, saving capitals and hammer villages but I tend not to remember those that delete usually. P nurse and Herman also came out with some nice anvils by endgame, plus the hammers they were building.

I'd be interested to see what the GUT/DA/War/NorPath meta had, though judging by their WWs there was nothing overly impressive. Feel free to prove me wrong though, my impression is limited to a few WW reports
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA