Thread: There is an offensive Gaul guide for 4.2 or 4.4 somewhere in the forums ?

Default There is an offensive Gaul guide for 4.2 or 4.4 somewhere in the forums ?

Hi guys, I cant find any offensive Gaul guide and its weird to me, does someone can help me find one that is good for 4.2 or 4.4 ?

thanks!

(I am very sorry if its not allowed to open those kind of theards... Im kinda new)
    I rather die on my feet than live upon my knees !

http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=76319

Try this one? I don't know if he has stopped adding to it but it works as far as it goes.

Thank you very much but I will wait for more comments.
    By the way, is this a 3X guide ?

Nope that's a normal speed guide, the last s1 I think.

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

I'm afraid there's not many guides written for T4 at all. LA's wasn't written specifically for gauls, but he's one of the best starters out there, so I'd definitely read and take on board his guide even if you don't follow it to the letter.

Ok thank you guys, you are amazing !!

As I can see, there are no 4.4. guides.
    But since i played 3x with Gauls I can give you some tips.

As first, you will be following quests and upgrading your fields.
    4.4 is maybe a best version for sim-start game, due to prolonged BP posibility. So if you intend to start offensively, better think twice once you look around your neighbourhood.
    If there are many Gauls around you may wanna to avoid raiding them, especially they have high(ish) pop. Farms can easily extend BP, thus setting you back if you decide to raid them.

Simming strategy is way safer. As I stated before you will mostly be following Taskmaster's orders. Freely do stuff listed in daily quests....but as long as they do not interfere with your strategy.
    Don't get distracted by 100 points offered for 20 troops built if you are simmer... but surely it will be barely impossible to finish such tasks for at least 2 weeks from server start.

Once you get your fields to 3, I recommend building 1 cranny level 10, and later build 10 crannies level 3. They are great for hiding resources, and they give CPs. Crannies level 3 are in long term more efficient than parties.
    Also get marketplace to level 3, both for trades and CP. Also extend MB to 5 and maybe build academy and embassy to 3 for more CPs.

Once you do that get all your fields to 6, and few to 7, do necessary storage extensions to avoid overflow. You should really consider building residence to level 3 now, to check your CP income. When you find out CP income you should either build townhall and start partying---- bit expensive... but you will get some troops as bounty on adventure, so use them to scavenge res of some guys near you. Freely break your BP, you have huge crannies and if you are online often you can easily evade attacks. However, don't build many troops, cause you will fall behind top robbers, who have 300-400 troops. And they mostly build troops and they don't have high res fields.
    If you have sufficient CP to settle in 5-6 days... then rush with residence 10.
    2 days before your CP for village 2 fill up, start building 3 settlers. Once you have enough CPs settle 15c with at least 50-75 oasis bonus...there should be nice croppers left.

Hero's points should be split between resources and strength... if you have points only in res you will most likely have your hero killed on hard adventures. Don't use hero to clear oases nor players, he is pretty weak to punch through deff if you follow my strategy.

For further strategy in developing villages refer to:http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=77084. But skip village 1 part, you will use it as res support only.

For 4.2. version follow Aslan's guide, not much to say about that.... he worked everything out far better than I did now.... but I think you will find these tips useful.
    Last edited by ray; 30 Apr 2014 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    As I can see, there are no 4.4. guides.
    But since i played 3x with Gauls I can give you some tips.

As first, you will be following quests and upgrading your fields.
    4.4 is maybe a best version for sim-start game, due to prolonged BP posibility. So if you intend to start offensively, better think twice once you look around your neighbourhood.
    If there are many Gauls around you may wanna to avoid raiding them, especially they have high(ish) pop. Farms can easily extend BP, thus setting you back if you decide to raid them.

Simming strategy is way safer. As I stated before you will mostly be following Taskmaster's orders. Freely do stuff listed in daily quests....but as long as they do not interfere with your strategy.
    Don't get distracted by 100 points offered for 20 troops built if you are simmer... but surely it will be barely impossible to finish such tasks for at least 2 weeks from server start.

Once you get your fields to 3, I recommend building 1 cranny level 10, and later build 10 crannies level 3. They are great for hiding resources, and they give CPs. Crannies level 3 are in long term more efficient than parties.
    Also get marketplace to level 3, both for trades and CP. Also extend MB to 5 and maybe build academy and embassy to 3 for more CPs.

Once you do that get all your fields to 6, and few to 7, do necessary storage extensions to avoid overflow. You should really consider building residence to level 3 now, to check your CP income. When you find out CP income you should either build townhall and start partying---- bit expensive... but you will get some troops as bounty on adventure, so use them to scavenge res of some guys near you. Freely break your BP, you have huge crannies and if you are online often you can easily evade attacks. However, don't build many troops, cause you will fall behind top robbers, who have 300-400 troops. And they mostly build troops and they don't have high res fields.
    If you have sufficient CP to settle in 5-6 days... then rush with residence 10.
    2 days before your CP for village 2 fill up, start building 3 settlers. Once you have enough CPs settle 15c with at least 50-75 oasis bonus...there should be nice croppers left.

Hero's points should be split between resources and strength... if you have points only in res you will most likely have your hero killed on hard adventures. Don't use hero to clear oases nor players, he is pretty weak to punch through deff if you follow my strategy.

For further strategy in developing villages refer to:http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=77084. But skip village 1 part, you will use it as res support only.

For 4.2. version follow Aslan's guide, not much to say about that.... he worked everything out far better than I did now.... but I think you will find these tips useful.

Im im sorry but I cant find this information helpful, cranny strategy is not for me.
    i think Lord Aslan guide is much more better.
    thanks anyway

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

On T4.4, CP production is essential as your small parties will only produce as many CPs as your village is. crannies are one of the cheapest ways of producing a few CPs, so you should put lvl 3 or lvl 7 crannies in any village spots that aren't being used by something else.

It's not to hide res, although that is useful too, it's to allow you to get the most out of your parties or even avoid the need for parties altogether until you have 2 or 3 villages.

Lord Aslan's guide works perfectly fine on 4.2 servers, if you are online at least 20 hours per day, and using gold to NPC. Any player who aims for top should do all that anyway. But your neighbourhood can interfere with your strategy, if you have nasty Teutons scavenging all farms near, you won't make much of a profit.

Trying to take them out may be costly, cause any pro Teuton is likely going to bring animals from oasis he cleared, therefore increasing your losses. You are still pretty safe cause nobody messes with Gauls in early stage of game, but you will need to think twice before attacking Teutons near you who have high pop.
    If you fail to get rid of your Teuton neighbour he may scout you and attack you later. Without crannies you will have a hard time hiding res, and if he raids you once he will come back as long as he gets bounty.

Aslan's guide will at some point put you in negative wheat, and you will have more pressure while raiding, cause if you fail to steal many res your troops might starve, therefore hindering your progress to village 2. Starved troops are just wasted res, and that is why you will need to balance your res wisely to keep TTs queue running and avoid starvation. Not to mention that later you will need to pay few thousands wheat for settlers... and if you are not raiding well you will have a hard time feeding your army and collecting resources for settlers.

To sum up, following this strategy will get you to village 2 very fast.... but you will need to spend a lot of time, gold, and it requires a lot of experience to farm efficiently. So, this strategy is for advanced players, not newcomers.

It is questionable if this guide works on 4.4. Due to extended BP it is much safer to sim til v2 like I said. If you follow LA's guide and spawn in area full of experienced players, you will likely end up in negative wheat and without farms to bring you res to feed troops and advance-----fail. Many top players used pure sim strategy to village 2, and they got 150c croppers, I know that cause I played ukx. Speed servers vary at some points, but this should be efficiently applied for normal servers as well. You will just have to wait a bit more to village 2, and in the end I think you will have equal odds of getting nice village2 as one of top raiders.

However, it is important to dedicate to 1 strategy and not get distracted. If you choose to sim and you notice how fast top raiders are progressing you may wish to train raiding troops as well. This is bad idea cause you will never reach top raiders' army count, nor would you get fields up as you planned... so you'll end up with neither good army nor res production.
    Not to mention that top raiders build MB 10, academy 10 for parties--- and such building give many pop and CPs... but in long term same as your 10-12 crannies level 3, which cost 0 wheat and significantly less res.

You are free to choose whatever you want, but the most important is to adapt play style to time you can spend playing game, money you are going to spend....and your experience of course. Travian versions are also updating, so you can't devote to one play-style and play it in all versions--3.6. is very different from 4.0, while 4.4 is at some points different from 4.0.
    Adaptation is the key.
    T5 introduces some cities, kingdoms and such stuff... not sure how is this going to look like
    Last edited by ray; 02 May 2014 at 08:27 PM.

Cloud Strife

If you haven't played in a while, it's also worth reading LA's guide to building up an account - basically focus heavily on your cap. You can tone down the gold usage a lot by getting more storage and only NPCing when it's full, but the principle is how most gold users build up in the early-mid game now and requires very little online time.

Crannies, crannies and more crannies. Settled first in my quad on uk4 by this strat (had 12 crannies by the time we settled) and took arguably the best cropper in the quad.

If you're any good at making spreadsheets I'd highly recommend making one for res time against CP time. This helps you become as efficient as possible, definitely was the best decision we made early doors.
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

Just getting better and better

Think LA's start is good if you are very active and agressive. Considering you haven't played in a while, maybe it would be safer to go with cranny strategy or small party strategy or mix of those two as roadrunner and septimus suggested (Though, you should still have a high online time - at least till you get 2nd village). It really seems like getting the best cropper is the biggest deal in early game, especially if you are willing to spend few gold. I remember that Sam was arguing that having a good cropper makes huge difference when it comes to resource generation (compared to having lots of feeders or raiding tonnes).

The best strategy is still pretty complex though, especially with the introduction of new rewards thing and most probably optimal one includes the mix of several strategies (some simming, some raiding, some reward accomplishm etc.). But if you are to focus one thing, it seems like focusing on 2nd village over everything else is the way to go. And not having enough CP seems like the biggest issue.
    UK3, R6 / Sniff - SMASH! Leadership

SO STROK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoesTheFoxSay View Post
    Im im sorry but I cant find this information helpful, cranny strategy is not for me.
    i think Lord Aslan guide is much more better.
    thanks anyway
    lol, LA uses the cranny strategy as well, for CP production... most of the top players will. I know this, as he started the server with my current ally.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Seems only the wolf is against crannies
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger