Thread: Capture Animals from Defending Village

Default Capture Animals from Defending Village

So you come across a player who has a little Zoo defending their village.

You have a couple of cages lying around, wouldn't it be good if you could send your hero in with the traps, he captures what he can and the kills the rest.

Animal stealing, (not necessarily condoned by RSPCA)

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

I'm not too keen on the idea. It wouldn't be very fair if a player paid a lot to build a zoo,then an alliance got everyone to send their hero each with 6 cages.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    I'm not too keen on the idea. It wouldn't be very fair if a player paid a lot to build a zoo,then an alliance got everyone to send their hero each with 6 cages.
    For this reason alone i think its good. It means that someone cant spend their way to a massive defense.

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

And for that reason alone, Travian Games won't implement it

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

They would - the attacking alliance would get everyone to use some cages. The the defender would go out and buy more to replace them.

This is an interesting idea, I can see why there are thoughts popping up on how to tackle zoos as they are becoming more and more common with so many cages being found in adventures.

You can boo me, but I wonder if it would make more sense to introduce a natural balance whereby animals leave after 30 days of you capturing them. It's more in keeping with nature and human control, and it means zoos can't last forever without constant replenishing and upkeep - if you want an animal kingdom it's going to involve even more silver and effort to maintain it. If a player goes inactive, eventually the animals run off and their village becomes approachable without substantial losses. The downside for zoo-keepers is this means buying more cages, more silver needed, unit price going up due to demand, more gold needed for higher silver price, etc. (but then I want to discourage zoo keepers and make it more tricky for them, so I like this plan!).
    Uk1 armies: Round 2, Round 3, Round 5
    Uk2 armies: Round 2, Round 3, round 4
    Uk3 armies: Round 2
    Uk4 armies: Round 3
    Uk5 armies: Round 2, Round 3
    Uk6 armies: Round 2
    Ukx3 armies: Round 8, Round 9, Round 10, Round 11
    Ukx5 armies: Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by FA Avi View Post
    This is an interesting idea, I can see why there are thoughts popping up on how to tackle zoos as they are becoming more and more common with so many cages being found in adventures.

You can boo me, but I wonder if it would make more sense to introduce a natural balance whereby animals leave after 30 days of you capturing them. It's more in keeping with nature and human control, and it means zoos can't last forever without constant replenishing and upkeep - if you want an animal kingdom it's going to involve even more silver and effort to maintain it. If a player goes inactive, eventually the animals run off and their village becomes approachable without substantial losses. The downside for zoo-keepers is this means buying more cages, more silver needed, unit price going up due to demand, more gold needed for higher silver price, etc. (but then I want to discourage zoo keepers and make it more tricky for them, so I like this plan!).
    I have always wondered why animals never consume wheat or another res for that matter. That said, in the early stages they have quite an advantage.
    My Alter ego is red...