Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cooks of Travian, unite!

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Roobs's Avatar

Notes taken

Iv got a raw talent which has just been discovered.

Funnily enough you've posted this at a perfect time as I have a lady friend to impress next week. Option number two sounds best

Duck nom nom
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

Just getting better and better

Well, if you do happen to get lucky, I will take the 'thank you' in gold

Angelic

My favourite quick dish thats good enough to make for guests is chicken mozzarella and parma ham.

You pretty much just slice open a chicken breast, stuff it with mozzarella and wrap it in parma ham. Add a salad with a dressing to fit, asparagus and new potatoes. I generally cook the chicken with basil and depending on whether I'll get away with it or not spice up the potatoes with curry powder.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Please can I come to your house for tea?

We had a classic left over roast dinner from my handed down never fail Hamlyn all colour cookbook! Left over roast pork (I always get the biggest piece I can to make sure there is some left over) chopped into good size pieces and chucked in a casserole dish with 2 or 3 chopped peppers, a large or 2 small chopped red onions (keep the pieces chunky) a few mushrooms and a tin of tomatoes. Some ground cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and chilli or curry powder and leave to cook on a low heat for at least an hour, preferably two, until the meat starts to fall. We usually have it with couscous as it soaks up the juices so well, but baked potatoes are also good and you can dress it up with a sprinkle of fresh coriander.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20141119-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	6030

Just the one photo but it's from my chilli in progress. No bathroom trips for anyone the next day so I've considered that a major success.
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

Hi all

at new year a few of us do a "come dine with me" style party. This year I am on desert, and have that all planned out,
    Trio of Deserts:
    Micro vanilla cheese cake with toffee sauce
    Warm chocolate brownie with ice creeam
    Limmoncello Posset

trialing it all this weekend and will let you know if it's a disaster!
    However I am also doing canapés!
    So has anyone got any good suggestions for canapés? To make things trickier everything has to be gluten free.

thanks

Sam

- - - Updated - - -

As ive asked a question I will also post a recipe. One of My favorites, nice and easy, tastes great and has wooed a lady if that is your aim:

Chicken + Chorizo Pasta:

Red Onion
    Chicken Breast
    Chorizo Stick
    Single Cream
    Italian herbs
    Pasta.

In a frying pan put a bit of oil then add Chopped onion and chorizo, when chorizo start to brown(and oil takes colour of chorizo) add in the chopped Chicken and cook till slightly browned.

Put pasta on to cook

add in single cream (depends on if you prefer a really creamy sauce or a sticky one, i prefer stick and add about 150 ml ish)
    stir It all together add in some Italian herbs. Leave it for a few minutes to thicken = mix flavours.

Serve and enjoy

I'm wooed. Woo meeeee.

Gluten free canapes - stuffed cherry tomatoes, paella balls, sweet chilli king prawns, guacomole with corn tortillas, any kind of sushi, devilled eggs for a more 70s theme.

Please post your recipes for the desserts, they sound yum, especially the limoncello thing.

Take pictures too Sam! For the big kids like me :p
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

Will post everything on Sunday, hopefully after it all goes well. Only the trial but makes life easier if it goes well

I'm not sure I'd seen/heard of a toffee cheesecake before. And in the last month, they have been all over the place - restaurant at work, in my fridge (sister bought!), and now here :o

(They are delicious though)

Sorry i for got to take pictures of the deserts. but they worked an tasted lovely (if i do say so myself) just got to redo now on new years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	6036

So there is tomato and mozeralla, two different ways.
    Cream cheese and ham
    Cream Cheese and salmon
    Blue cheese and chorizo
    Brie, caremalised onion and cranberry sauce.

I made roast beef yesterday. No pics, it's all gone.

I'm a big fan of simple, and it's another one of those.

- Take 0.8-1 kilos of beef top side. I make small incisions and shove in some garlic cloves, but that's not compulsory;
    - Sear it properly and season with salt and pepper;
    - Tie it into a round ball if it's a flat looking piece;
    - Stick it into a 200C oven and keep it there until it has reached 57-58C (meat thermometer really helps here);
    - Let it rest for 15-20 minutes;
    - It will be real nice and somewhere between medium-rare and medium.

Serve it with whatever you fancy - veggies, fries, rice...
    Last edited by JPP; 02 Dec 2014 at 08:41 AM.

Garlic stuck in roast beef just seems wrong to me. It has to come with huge Yorkshire puddings to start, roast potatoes, veg and onion gravy. And horseradish sauce of course. But you should know that.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

I put rosemary on the top and squidge some garlic underneath so it ends up in the gravy,
    not everyone likes a mouthful of garlic so I'd avoid putting cloves into anything.

I did hover over the beef section tonight but I'm hoping to find something on offer.

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Rosemary and garlic are definitely a nice combination to go for with roast beef. I guess here is where I get vilified though: I cook my roast beef with Guinness in the stock.

Also, as its that time of year, chestnuts wouldn't go amiss in the stuffing!

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

I've used beer when roasting pork, so I guess Guinness is the same idea ?

I always worry about a bird not cooking on the inside, so I've always made the stuffing separately after its done. Plus I like making them into little balls.

I don't use chestnuts though, I wait until after Christmas when they are giving them away and just roast them as nibbles to go with cheese. I really like those oven things that turn up in the high street where you can buy roast chestnuts or potatoes.
    Last edited by horse; 04 Dec 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Cait's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keiji_Maeda View Post
    Rosemary and garlic are definitely a nice combination to go for with roast beef. I guess here is where I get vilified though: I cook my roast beef with Guinness in the stock.

Also, as its that time of year, chestnuts wouldn't go amiss in the stuffing!
    actually guinness in the stock is inspired

one of the best casseroles my step mum makes (and she makes amazing casseroles) was her beef in guinness .... I dont like guinness but its wonderful with beef
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2261602b9eb That thing!
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/442138afbca A fluffy hammer
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/845573c4010 Titch the rammer with an inferiority complex. (5x - 4 weeks - worse ram tribe)
    and for the Faffing Hammer that got away
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showpost....80&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by mercy View Post
    Garlic stuck in roast beef just seems wrong to me. It has to come with huge Yorkshire puddings to start, roast potatoes, veg and onion gravy. And horseradish sauce of course. But you should know that.
    Is not. Garlic is perfect - specially when you don't cook the meat too long. Garlic will stay nice crunchy and will still pack a proper punch. And it makes for a much better beef sandwich the next day...

My mother in law puts chunks of practically raw garlic in her dumplings, which are absolutely revolting, so maybe that's what is putting me off.

I love cooking Christmas dinner, stuffing in the neck end of the bird is fine, I wouldn't put it in the cavity, usually I fill that with an onion and a lemon for the flavour.

I have preferred alcohols for different gravies - guinness sounds really good for beef, I sometimes do beef in guinness pie but usually I use red wine in beef gravy, cider for pork and sherry for Christmas dinner gravy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast