Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cooks of Travian, unite!

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

You just have to get cashew nuts (or any other type of nut you want (peanuts?)) and but them in a food processor. Smash them up in it then keep going and they will go into a paste. During the middle stage you have to keep turning the blender off to mix the mixture as it gets very thick and dry. Eventually (after a very long time with my food processor) the nuts gets quite warm and the mixture changes consistency and it is done.

You can add nut oil to the nuts to speed up the process if you like.

Angelic

Looks kind of gross but it wasn't.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

But... what was it? :p

Angelic

Oh, Jasmine rice (60g), Pepper (1 whole), Mushroom's (3 whole), Tomato's (2 whole), Pork (150g), Beef (290g) & Chow Mein Stir Fry Sause (120g).

It was a LOT of meat but I left a tiny bit in the pan for lunch tomorrow, (A tiny, tiny bit).
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

looks nice apart from the mushrooms, they hate me as much as I hate them
    I let my kids choose our tea this evening as they wanted to cook, chicken flavour supernoodles with chicken goujons - never again!
    i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii568/TravianComps/LMT.png

Angelic

Just cooked some wonderful, burnt black pieces of toast.

Cooking instructions as follows. Put in aga before bed. Go to bed. Wake up. Take out of oven.
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Angelic

Just did my first attempt at a home made burger. I found some fancy looking instructions for a supposed healthy salmon burger and followed them to a tee.

Turns out the ratios were all wrong. Far, far, far too much garlic. I also had to chop up a jalapeńo but as I didn't have one I substituted some red chilli in wine vinegar I found but that really didn't workout with all the garlic. The smoked paprika and green onions (I used red) ratio seemed o.k, but I think I'll try and use more breadcrumbs next time. Also, I'll have to re find the recipe on the internet to check how many you should make as I made two burgers, but with the results and I think I should have maybe made more as they didn't cook too great. At least, I think I'd have rather eaten the salmon by itself.

Dogs enjoyed it though.
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

for best burgers I mix 2:1 prime mince with good sausage meat (I get homekill mince and sausage meat which is premium organic beef, but you will just have to do), and then add a bit of stock powder, woscester sauce and bbq sauce and onion to taste. No egg needed as the sausage mix does for binder. Can add breadcrumb/flour or millet if you want to soak up some of the fat for flavour, but this is nice as meat burger...

recipe for Banana Loaf a la Hamlyn (Hamlyn vegetarian cookbook... ~1980)

• 100g soft margerine
    • 175g light muscavado sugar
    • 2 ripe bananas
    • 2 eggs
    • 225g self raising flour
    • 1tsp baking powder
    • 50g chopped walnuts (optional)
    • 2 Tbsp milk

Oven Temp 180C / 350F / gas 4

• Cream the margerine with the sugar until soft and light.
    • Mash the bananas and mix in well
    • Break the eggs into the mixture and beat well.
    • Gently fold in the flour and baking powder.
    • Stir in the walnuts (if using) and the milk
    • Turn into a lined 1kg/2lb loaf tin and bake for 1hr, until well risen and golden.
    • Turn out and cool on a wire rack, serve sliced, spread with butter.
    Last edited by Vampire; 06 Jan 2016 at 11:05 AM.
    It's not important to win, it's important to make the other guy lose.

Thanks for the recipe Vampire
    i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii568/TravianComps/LMT.png

I made some delicious Kimchi the other day:

I also made some yummy shepard's pie and chicken pot pie, but I don't have pictures.

I'm a great cook, and below par baker (unfortunately).
    "Sine Scientia Ars Nihil Est"
    "Soli Deo Gloria" - Johann Sebastian Bach
    "Stercus Accidit" - David Hume

Will you share it? ^^
    It's not important to win, it's important to make the other guy lose.

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    Food is not important but your table is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin View Post
    for best burgers I mix 2:1 prime mince with good sausage meat (I get homekill mince and sausage meat which is premium organic beef, but you will just have to do), and then add a bit of stock powder, woscester sauce and bbq sauce and onion to taste. No egg needed as the sausage mix does for binder. Can add breadcrumb/flour or millet if you want to soak up some of the fat for flavour, but this is nice as meat burger...
    Guys, this is a recipe for meatloaf, not hamburgers.

Hamburgers should be simple, ground chuck (80/20), some minced onion, salt, and light pepper. Make it into a patty and throw it on a chargrill.

I like mine pink in the middle and charred on the outside, but ground chuck is low quality, so you made want to cook it through.

Then you cut a brioche bun, add ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo if you're from the South.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you can do the real southern heart attack, Southern style burger. Chili, cheese (gross American), mustard, onion, Cole slaw, burger, on a bun.
    "Sine Scientia Ars Nihil Est"
    "Soli Deo Gloria" - Johann Sebastian Bach
    "Stercus Accidit" - David Hume

National Burger Day today, so fire up the barby. Here's my take -

Minced steak, salt / pepper, squash between two sheets of clingfilm, chill, unwrap, cook. Melt cheese on if you want. Easy as.
    Stick it in a bread bun with fried onions, salad, tom sauce or mayo.

Beer.

Note to Travian players - beware of sunlight, it might burn you.

Well today is National Do Whatever You Please Day; so amongst other things I made some Sweet Chilli Jam - Yummy!

I followed Nigella's recipe as it was lumdiddlyicious - we all love a bit of Nigella and I had all the ingredients in my store cupboard which to tip if off was a real hoot. I am not overly sure about Nigella's receipe as it has a little too much cider vinegar in it and its hard to boil off, never the less once its there it is complete euphoria in the kitchen. I am considering trying a little less vinegar or as mix of red wine vinegar and cider vinegar, so many choices... so little store cupboard. My other consideration was a completely different recipe and be unfaithful to the delightful Nigella, I have found one which concentrates on apples instead of peppers, I can see why as the apples have a natural pectin but it feels more like a chutney than a jam, I shall post both recipes for you all and if you fancy having a go you have a choice.

The first is Nigella's https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chilli-jam

150 grams long fresh red chilli peppers (deseeded and cut into 4 pieces)
    150 grams red peppers (cored, deseeded and cut into rough chunks)
    1 kilogram jam sugar
    600 millilitres cider vinegar

The second is Life of Geekery http://www.alifeofgeekery.co.uk/2013...hilli-jam.html
    Ingredients
    5 x 200ml jars
    100g Chillies
    1.2kg Sugar
    470ml Apple cider vinegar
    About 8 small crab apples (or 3 large cooking apples)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456