Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooks of Travian, unite!

Default Cooks of Travian, unite!

I made chocolate and ginger cheesecake this evening. I honour of this, I propose a thread dedicated to the culinary exploits of Travian's finest (and me).

Rather than faff about with this forum's image embedding, I made an imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/NYC6I#0 Hopefully the captions also provide enough detail on what I did that anyone (regardless of culinary experience) could copy me.
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    I can be such a cow sometimes

It looks delicious. If I make cheesecake, I have to use packet mix though. I love cheesecake, but can't stand cheese. So need to trick myself via the packet mix

What about lemon/ginger cheesecake? :angel:

I might give lemon and ginger a go. I have enough cheese for another two cheesecakes...

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

I like the trick with the chocolate shavings on top. I'll have to copy that. And of course make cheesecake at every opportunity

That recipe is definitely one to try! Looks scrummy.

You know, I bet poached pears would work really well with that cheesecake.
    Last edited by mercy; 16 Jun 2014 at 06:14 AM.

I was thinking of doing something cooking related on here for ages but could never be bothered with all the photos next time I do one of my mighty pizza's I'll take some snaps before I demolish it.

I'm not a fan of ginger, but it looks yummy all the same
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkery View Post
    I was thinking of doing something cooking related on here for ages but could never be bothered with all the photos next time I do one of my mighty pizza's I'll take some snaps before I demolish it.
    Please do!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkery View Post

I'm not a fan of ginger, but it looks yummy all the same
    Next time im at asda i'll take a few snaps of my helper (the lady behind the counter making the 'create your own pizza pizza's) in action followed by the glorious journey from oven to plate.
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

Just getting better and better

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

“Rabbit ate my parsley. I am eating the rabbit.”

Jeanette Winterson

Que lots of abuse on Twitter

It's a dead bunny, skinned.

Where do people think food comes from ?

Happy cat

Last edited by horse; 19 Jun 2014 at 06:33 PM.

I like rabbit. Farmed rabbit and wild rabbit have completely different flavours though. Farmed rabbit is pale pink and mildly flavoured like chicken. Wild rabbit can be very gamey. The best rabbit I had was in a funny little back restaurant in France, doused in herbs and grilled. They served everything with canned or jarred vegetables, a bit like school dinner vegetables used to be.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Yep, gamey isn't a flavour people are used to.

Oddly you have to pay more to get food with any flavour at all.
    Strawberries being the worst culprit.

Since I am in Italy shortly, I thought I would beat Hawk to it and do a pizza themed thingy with Calzone. I can't do that photo thingy that Mickulty did so here is is all in one go.

1. Make up a quantity of white bread dough. I do it in my bread machine. 1 tsp dried yeast, 1 tsp salt, 1 tblsp olive oil, 11 ounces strong white bread flour, 170 mls warm water. If you don't have a bread machine knead it all until elasticky then leave it in the bowl covered with clingfilm or a damp tea towel until doubled in size.

2. These are the things I put in my Calzone. Some nice tomatoes, ham and mushrooms. Some leftover homemade bolognaise sauce (obviously that's the stuff stored in the lurpak thing, you can buy bolognaise if you have to, but make sure it isn't too sloppy. I make mine with pork mince or a mix of pork and beef. While you are gathering your ingredients pour yourself a nice glass of wine. Mine is a Romanian wine my PGCE student gave me and it's a bit on the sweet side for me, but still very pleasant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stafford-20140622-00066.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	5848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stafford-20140622-00070.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	5849

3. Roll out the bread dough an put your stuff in. I put in a slice of ham, bolognaise, chopped tomatoes and mushrooms. Really, you can put in anything you like. Chilli is good. So is curry. Anything that goes with cheese really.

4. Pour another glass of wine. After all, its the weekend.

5. Add some mozzerella to the heap. A bit of stronger flavoured cheese can also be added if you like. Season to taste. I like to add plenty of freshly ground black pepper at this point. Have another glass of wine.

Name:	Stafford-20140622-00071.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	5850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stafford-20140622-00073.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	5851

62. Now is the time to roll it all together into a pasty shaped thingy. A bit of water helps it stick and some fine ground semolina helps it not stick. (The mug has water in it for the sticky bit. You can put wine in it if you prefer. I prefer to drink my wine. But each to their own.) Bake it in a really hot oven for about ten minutes or so. Enough time to cook it but not enough for it to burn. When you take it out it should look like the picture on the right.

Name:	Stafford-20140622-00072.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	5852
    Actually it doesn't look like this non-existent picture as you are now only allowed to attach 5 pictures per post. So I will have to double post to finish this off.

This is what is should look like when it comes out.

Name:	Stafford-20140622-00074.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	5853

22. Finally, pour another glass of wine, tip on some tomato sauce ( mine is reduced tinned tomatoes with some oregano, a slug of olive ail and seasoning) and a bit of salad if you like then eat it.

Name:	Stafford-20140622-00081.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	5854

Please adopt me

That looks yummy,
    I had the same idea actually when I read Hawks post, but haven't got around to it

I only adopt people who wash up. And don't sing Barney songs while they are doing it.

Ooh, that looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mercy View Post
    I only adopt people who wash up. And don't sing Barney songs while they are doing it.
    If you cook me a calzone I will come and wash up?

Sheffield to Devon is a long way to go for a calzone. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the idea is that you follow the instructions and make your own

I go that far for a pasty, I have to bring a box of them back with me too.

Made ginger and chocolate flapjack yesterday. Both were extremely well-received - alas I completely forgot to document either.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast