Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what's the plan here?

Default So, what's the plan here?

Any pre made metas going to this server?
    Any small smashy allies coming?

Just wondering
    2013: uk5 - Jabberwock, 2014: uk5 - She-Hulk, 2016: uk2 - Livet er herlig

Quote Originally Posted by Livet er herlig View Post
    Any pre made metas going to this server?
    Any small smashy allies coming?

Just wondering
    Hi there Livet, nice to see you again on a UK server. Not playing this server beyond one week, here just to see what the fuss is all about. Not fully understood the rules but i think having a meta is not much use as there is no WW and the victory points only accrue to an alliance not to a Meta, hope someone can confirm that.

Would be good to know what pre-formed allainces are playing, with what leaders and numbers though.

That would indeed be the case, so far I have heard no one say they will take on this server. :/ Bummer for me that thought to play it, but oh well, guess someone will show up. The way artifacts are set up to work seems to be overly greedy gold hoarding though, shall see how that goes (30 gold per day anyone?).

Hey dav5id I am also really confused with the new rules and if am I honest don't really get them... so will probably wait for the next normal T4.4 server

I only read this changelog: http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...48#post1473248
    So I'm not really sure what's how it's going to work. Seems like you only have to pay 10 gold if you are using the art that someone else in the ally is holding. Might be good if you are desperate for that storage art and don't wanna wait. Might even use 10 gold for training troops once a week as well. Might not be so bad.

Only checking it out myself, but that is always dangerous... Easy to get stuck, at least if you find a nice team to play with.
    2013: uk5 - Jabberwock, 2014: uk5 - She-Hulk, 2016: uk2 - Livet er herlig

I joined the .com to check it out... the map is really interesting/weird like the map of ancient Europe in the times of Europe with the number of point villas in old very known cities as london - Rome - Sparta - Alendria - constantinople and many more..

screenshots shadow? im sure many wpuld enjoy seeimg those without having to sign up
    Uk1- Cool Runnings
    Uk2- Black Mamba
    Uk4- Ser Lowe

~Steve

The victory points concept will be used for T5, so it may be worth playing to try that aspect out.

I don't think points accrue to confeds. And the gold is only for use of someone else's artefact.

SO meta play is gone forever? Unless you put all your good players that are earning the most points in one wing and everybody else in other wings?\
    Uk1- Cool Runnings
    Uk2- Black Mamba
    Uk4- Ser Lowe

~Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Livet er herlig View Post
    I only read this changelog: http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...48#post1473248
    So I'm not really sure what's how it's going to work.
    It's worth reading some of the blog posts by the developers too -
    http://blog.travian.com/2014/06/anci...e-new-endgame/
    http://blog.travian.com/2014/06/anci...ncient-cities/
    http://blog.travian.com/2014/05/summ...ient-europe-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve991 View Post
    screenshots shadow? im sure many wpuld enjoy seeimg those without having to sign up
    See here for some screenshots - http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=77323
    Uk1 armies: Round 2, Round 3, Round 5
    Uk2 armies: Round 2, Round 3, round 4
    Uk3 armies: Round 2
    Uk4 armies: Round 3
    Uk5 armies: Round 2, Round 3
    Uk6 armies: Round 2
    Ukx3 armies: Round 8, Round 9, Round 10, Round 11
    Ukx5 armies: Round 1

I am going to give this server a go as many times have said that the WW gets boring with wheat and defence calls at the end of the game. Will be interesting to see how strategies develop as the game moves forward. A few of us are starting in the NE.

Hi CB, if I understand correctly, the key for winning is by collecting victory points. Hence, forming a good, solid, and supportive alliance during early game stage may be the path for victory. If It's ok with you, I'll like to join your alliance when the time comes.

Best,
    Jul
    Ps. - why NE and not NW?

When on UK3 I have always played in the North East +/+. Missed last couple of UK3 servers so lots of peeps will probably be strangers but any ex Angels players come and say hello. I'll look for you in game Jul.

At the moment UK3 (alliance) seems to be grabbing all the top players.
    Obviously it's early day(s) and numbers at this stage mean nothing; but they appear to have alliance roles filled already; so I presume they're pre-formed.

There's not really been enough time for anyone else to get things sorted.

Decided to join up for a look around, seems very slow at the moment, or is that just me?

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve991 View Post
    SO meta play is gone forever? Unless you put all your good players that are earning the most points in one wing and everybody else in other wings?\
    That probably will happen, but it will weaken metas a lot. And the whole alliance thing seems to change quite a bit in T5

This kind of map makes meta redundant... Without the burden of WW planning now alliances can truly focus on killing each other lol

Also forces alliances to think strategically as the cities are REALLY far from each other so any alliance that wishes to hold to more than 3-4 arties they really have to spread themselves thin. And unless you stay in the middle to be honest your chances for raiding diminish dramatically which is something I really like

Smart...

Strangely enough probably it will bring back an old-style of playing: Strongholds.

I was thinking this, as an alliance you could scatter yourselves to the far corners of the map (especially if player numbers stay low) send 4/5 players out in goups and each group holds a city.

Think the map is too big for this game... Think the map is too big for the numbers of players on any server tbh (okay I landed bang smack in the center, unintentionally) The entire thing gives a feel of trench war.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast