Thread: Stuff possibly worth watching on TV #2 (for people who want to post twice in one day)

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Default Stuff possibly worth watching on TV #2 (for people who want to post twice in one day)

Hate that stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, updated feature

Under the Dome

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1553656/

Premise wise, like the infinitely better Midwich Cuckoos (which took a while to find as the film was cheesely called Village of the Damned instead)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054443/

This is the usual generic Americans trapped under an invisible dome scenario.
    Everyone only appears to panic at town meetings, and catastrophes only happen when someone bizarrely needs to drive a lorry at 50mph through the town before crashing into the only water tower.

Everyone is remarkably unprepared for anything yet nobody appears to have run out of anything either apart from insulin. Also notable for the token gay couple who are utterly bland and unbelievable, I think one of them died but I don't really care.

I'm hoping it'll turn into something interesting because there is precious little drama on TV, but its vagueness is either a plot trope or they really don't have a clue what is going on.

Tellingly the producer also did Lost, and I felt the same way after watching five minutes of that series.
    It's all right not revealing anything about the plot, but you do need a few interesting characters to watch while you wait for the story to be told, and as there is no actress that I can engage with I'm currently a bit bored...

This series really needs a British director to do quirky,
    we just get it, Americans just don't.
    Last edited by horse; 03 Aug 2014 at 12:59 PM.

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

I got addicted to series 1 of this. Series 2 is due out this month, can't wait.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Village of the Damned was much better as a book than a film. But then, John Wyndham has always been one of my favourite authors. Always disappointed me that a good film was never made of the Chrysalids.

Will keep a look out for Under the Dome, never heard of it before.

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

I watched the first season of Under the Dome and I was enjoying it. The the end of the season just made me wonder what I just watched.

I will keep an eye out for season 2 though.

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Haha yes, it defo had that sort of ending.

The programme itself, including the acting, is poor imo. I just want to know what happens next, it's only that that keeps me wanting to watch the next one.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

The book is pretty good, I never watched the TV series - once you read the book the TV never really compares or lives up to the ideas presented in the book. If you have not read the book though, I can see the appeal.
    My Alter ego is red...

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jessica View Post
    I also recommend book. I think that book is always better then movie or tv show.
    What if you're too lazy to turn pages?
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    What if you're too lazy to turn pages?
    Well I have the perfect product for you...

Page turner*

* It will set you back £2500 though, so you are better off turning the pages yourself

Anyone watching Under the Dome season 2?

Ive also watched the first few episodes of resurrection, I thought that was alright.

anyone looking forward to the walking dead

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    Anyone watching Under the Dome season 2?
    Me, have got about halfway before finding other stuff to do,

so far it's pretty much series 1 rehashed

Quote Originally Posted by jugg View Post
    anyone looking forward to the walking dead

Me me me me me me me \o/

12th October I think

Comic-Con Trailer: The Walking Dead: Season 5

*warning, plot spoilers and way too much squishy stuff*

Im watching Under the Dome on Channel 5... Im on about episode 5 or 6 I think?

I thought that Under the Dome should have just been a 1 season thing and like you say, they seem to be reusing stuff. I also dont like how loads of new characters appeared who I never saw in season 1

Cant wait for The Walking Dead

Gaul MemberGaul Member Gridy100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    Cant wait for The Walking Dead
    Same! Nuff said!
    Come to the dark side... WE HAVE COOKIES! OmNomNom