Thread: hero production vs attack

Default hero production vs attack

Hi for a simmer or a player who would sim at start and switch to farming later what is best ratio of splitting points between production and attack points?

if I have all in atttack, hero lose 1% hp in adventure
    if I have all in resource, hero lose 100% hp in adventure
    how to balance so I can get most resources and my hero can do adventures daily

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

As a starting point, I would put 1-2 points in fighting strength out of the first 8, then another point every level (so every 4 points). Once you start doing lots of adventures, you'll see how much health your hero is losing and be able to tweak the balance accordingly.

If you get ointments/equipment and don't want to sell them, you'll be able to get away with less points in fighting strength, but then miss out on the silver/gold from selling them.

One trick is that books are generally pretty cheap compared to ointment, so you could leave the hero on 100% resource production, let the adventures back up, then swap to fighting strength and do all the adventures at once. Then switch back again.

thanks, I have another question .. I used to do a lot of early farmign as Teuton pre T4 and I am fed up with that

now tried only simming with some empty oasis raids and I have so many resources I cant spend them despite playing whole day lol

do you think playing as Roman on speed, simming only to second village then switch to farming with EI and maybe some imperians too to clear weaker player would be good strategy?

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Yeah, it's very viable to get a second village without raiding these days. If you do it really well you'll be close behind the best farmers.

On server 3, it was not the best farmers, but those which bought gladiator helmets the earliest who got 2nd village fastest, and also third and 4th village, and 5th.

I think the most recent changes in culture points - not being able to do celebrations - were miserable, as not its no longer activity and skill which decides who gets the best croppers. Before somebody disputes my deffinition of skill: Making good early farming and balancing the initial ressources between troops, troop tecs for romans and gauls, and finding the perfect balance between investing in troops and starting celebrations and investment in residence and settlers is more of a skill game than investing +100k silver on first gladiator helmet. This is to my best understanding taking importance of gold usage too far from travian team. Unlike septimus' statement its not about if you do well , its about if you spend most gold earliest. Before it was about who could raid enough to do 2 or 3 celebrations and train 3 settlers first - then raiders (in particular the raiders which balanced investment in troops, celebrations and getting settlers ready) of course won the race for 2nd village- now gladiator helmets win, as there is no longer any countermeasuere to those gladiator helmets during the first days of a server. That you gain 1000 CP automatically in the process futher makes it impossible to compete with those willing to invest +100k silver on first gladiator helmets. Actually then the situation is making even worse as there seems to be much fewer 150% wheat bonus villages on the new map

Buy the first gladiator helmet, put all hero points into ressource production seems to be the current way at T4.4 to get best early start. At least untill best players reach 2000 cp per day, then I think server will return to how it used to be ........ as this initial distortion is no longer exerting its influence
    Last edited by Lynge Jakobsen; 17 Aug 2014 at 05:42 PM.

Cloud Strife

Gladiator helmets (and a basic amount of skill) get the first settles. Then a few months later they delete out of boredom and buy a helmet on a different server.

But there's not very many gladiator helmets available in the first week of the server (4 days of random item drops), and getting one after that time has a negligible impact, especially for the cost. There's also now no artworks at the very start of the server iirc. So if you ignore that tiny number of people who get a helmet, then it comes down to more conventional means - balancing res fields, CP buildings, settling infrastructure and optionally raiding troops in order to settle as fast as possible.

Its not a problem now on the mentioned server, as all those which brought a gladiator helmet seems to have no idea of what they are doing , the first one even settled 2nd village first on server as 75% bonus and still havent captured an oases, while the best accounts has captured 7 now.

But if the skilled accounts got the same benefits of gladiator helmet loads and loads of documents early, loads of artwork, then it could be a lot different , they could dominate a lot I imagine

I have absolutely no doubt that lots of those 'skilled accounts' used plenty of artworks and helmets in the process of getting where they are...
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

I also wonder if it matter when I start even when I want to settle away from 0/0 or spawn there because I see all top farmers started mostly on first day of server, when I played many years ago top farmer were mostly the ones registered later because they had a lot of farms

Cloud Strife

If you're not farming, I'd advise starting very early now (within the first 24 hours at least), as you're not going to be farmed for several days and can cranny up and auto-dodge easily even when you are.

I was thinking of simming to second vill as Romans, find a good cropper and farm from there with EIs or settle away and sim until new players spawn there

Cloud Strife

Sounds like a decent plan

I tried only speed, no problem of fast second village .. can this apply to normals too? found out I have not as much time as I used to also university will start in a month so Id rather play on normals, I am afraid of lower beginners protection and more need for building crop fields early on can slow me down a lot