Thread: My Way

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Default My Way

And now, the end is near; And so I face the final curtain.
    My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.
    I've lived a life that's full. I've travelled each and ev'ry highway;
    But more, much more than this, I did it my way.
    Regrets, I've had a few; But then again, too few to mention.
    I did what I had to do and saw it through without exception.

Since I pretty much started my travian career on UK4 it's fitting that I end it here too. After many years and far too many servers to remember it's time to say goodbye to the game.
    The game has changed beyond recognition over the years but the people have always been the main reason for me staying. However the majority of people I've played with over the years have moved on and the forums are now so quiet that most of the fun there has gone too. In addition the game no longer has the appeal it once did.
    I've meet many great people both on-line and in RL, had some very interesting duals, the 3 servers with Papasmurf being the most surreal off all, but thanks to all of them, Papa, John, Kate, Katie, Lou, Gaynor, Kim and last but not least Ryder.

I've played with and against some great people and some amazing alliances, the highlight being part of the T3 Hate gang. It was also a pleasure to play my final server with a number of people I'd not played with before, so thanks to Bloated Fish for bullying me into playing despite not knowing what a miserable old noob he was taking on....Big ups to PizzaTheHut too...you're a legend.

For all the people I've upset on the forums, apologies, I can think of only a couple of people I've not had a laugh with eventually..even Antonio almost caved a few weeks ago ..it was only banter at the end of the day. For those that never liked me, meh, I'll live. That said hopefully I've made a few people laugh or at the least forced a wry smile, i know I've had many fun hour on here. I also like to think I've contributed a little back to the community....watch out for my colouring in competition replacing chiefing idea being implemented in T6...if someone can nudge me when it happens as I want my Royalties.

With Lord Aslan going last week, I'll pass the title of Mr Fantastic on to Bloated Fish. May his ego grow to the size of mine.

Good luck to you all

Matt
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Quote Originally Posted by MLGJ View Post
    I've played with and against some great people and some amazing alliances, the highlight being part of the T3 Hate gang.

That said hopefully I've made a few people laugh or at the least forced a wry smile, i know I've had many fun hour on here.

Matt
    You easily made the sickest and funniest jokes in that crew, funniest one i remember was about not throwing alex's dead cat in the bin, get some chips and his dinner is sorted

New Poster

Well, about to do something that I'd never thought I'd do and that's agree with you on the forum :p

But in all seriousness, you'll be missed both ingame and on the forum too and I'd like to say thank you for your support this server

This isnt on at all Matt! I've only just got to know you and now you are leaving us The Forums will never be the same again without your wonderful sarcasm and wit. I hope you will visit here often and provoke a few forums into life when they need it. You know you wont be able to resist ... i hope

Now i bet you cant guess who is writing this

Thank you for your kind words Matt. I feel if we had been stronger this server, you would be more enthusiastic about the prospect of returning to the game. I will still try my best to get you to carry on playing, as you are a lot of fun, and a great player. Stay in touch if you don't.

Adam
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

I'm filling up now (auto spell changed that to grilling up now, I don't know why, that weird).

Take care of yourself.
    By Sexy logic the best Travian player in the world .
    Oh no SMASH think I am a Noob.

I miss Magnus.

Bye bye Matt. Thank you for allowing me the honour of being your pd last round Sorry we never got to play together properly, it would have been fun.

I am sure you will still pop in the forum though. Don't leave us altogether.