Thread: Travian Bugs

Default Travian Bugs

Dear Travian fix it people

Is it possible to keep us informed as to what's happening with the bug fixes, such as mini map not working and lack of adventures?

Thanks

Miserable gold user

Don't worry Baggy its the same old they give diddly squat about us, we buy the gold but get no form of compensation in return when they have problems with the server

Sure baggy.

while aware of the issues with the miniMap, it's not clear why it isn't working (and so no fix can be identified quite yet) - it may be something to do with the hosting arrangements for uk5.

On the adventures, this is a known issue that has occurred on other servers. The relevant fix should be applied soon with adventures appearing from today or tomorrow (may vary by player)

Whats the minimap issue? Mine works fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    Sure baggy.

while aware of the issues with the miniMap, it's not clear why it isn't working (and so no fix can be identified quite yet) - it may be something to do with the hosting arrangements for uk5.

On the adventures, this is a known issue that has occurred on other servers. The relevant fix should be applied soon with adventures appearing from today or tomorrow (may vary by player)
    If that's the case on adventures why start a server with a known bug and not fixing it before the server starts ???

Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office

Hi Thrain,

the adventure issue has been fixed now. All players should have adventures available again now. Research into the cause of the minimap problem is still ongoing.

There is nearly one Travian server start per day, so stopping those starts, just because there is a bug is not an option. At any time, there willl be bugs. This is true as much for Travian as for any other game, be it browser game or pc/console/mobile.

In this case, the initial adventure problem, which occured on other servers a few weeks back, was fixed with a hotfix. It does however seem, that there is something else that's causing the problem. So it's not a "known" issue in that sense It's a recurring problem, which was believed to have been fixed. Our technical team has now applied a work-around, so adventures should be available again for all players.

Sorry for the adventure-less days and hopefully lots of bounty on all future expeditions.

Regards,
    Chrisvc
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

I wish these were the only bugs. Bad Gateway 502 again today for 15-20 minutes plus the 2 days earlier in the server when getting ready to settle where we had constant crashing and restarting with no notice given before or after.

Getting full use out of the gold that is added to the server? I really don't think so... Get it sorted before it's too late..

Wow, 5 adventures just popped up so I guess it's working now
    Server 6, Round 1 (Jul 2008 - Jun 2009) - Baggins
    Server 5, Round 4 (Sep 2011 - Jul 2012) - Baggins / Marcos
    Server 5, Birthday Round (Sep 2013 - June 2014) - Lord Baggins
    Server 5, Round 7 (Sep 2014 - May 2015) - Ares
    Server 3, Round 9 (May 2016 - Mar 2017) - Baggins
    Server 2, Round 9 (Oct 2016 - July 2017) - Gin and Tonic

MemberMember

I got 5 as well, was it universal?

Fairly universal but can't guarantee that without checking every account. Players who started after the first few days may not have hit up against the problem yet though.

There are some issues that wont be visible at the start of the server (when I said 'known' I meant now you have reported!). You're always welcome to report bugs so we can get them fixed wherever possible.

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Yoink's Avatar

There has been a constant bug on travian for as long as I've played the damn thing. It's called the "meta" bug, some people exploit it and win servers with them, but you would think they would have been fixed by now
    [21:22: 39] : be careful, behind the facade of a clueless turnip lies the mind of a miltary genius

[21:22:55] Yoink: Seriously?

[21:23:10] : no, there's a military genius standing behind him

[21:23:14] Yoink: (rofl)