View Poll Results: Cancelable merchants, yay or nay?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea!

17 77.27%
  • Bad idea!

4 18.18%
  • Sugested improvement (please post below)

1 4.55%

Thread: Cancelable merchants

Default Cancelable merchants

A simple idea, I think it would be useful if merchants had the same 90 second grace period that troops do when sent. It is very useful to be able to recall an incorrectly sent army if co-ordinates or village name was mis-typed, and this happens when sending resources too, yet there is no option to cancel!

Name:  CancelMerchants.png
Views: 83
Size:  24.4 KB
    Previously - Jazzy Jeff | Lord Pan | Lorde | Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Elk33dp View Post
    Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Roobs's Avatar

I still wonder why it wasn't implemented in the first place.

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Only issue is maybe sending resources away before a raid arrives then cancelling.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    Only issue is maybe sending resources away before a raid arrives then cancelling.
    You can do the same with troops so I don't see why that should be an issue. If anything, that's another reason for the original suggestion to be implemented. Troops take 90 seconds until they completely leave the village, I don't see why merchants should suddenly disappear outside the realms of contact right after being sent.
    "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Hawkery is on point, I've always felt that merchants should act in the same manner as any troop do, and should receive the same graces as troops do when sent

Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Angelic

I disagree to an extend. I believe merchants should have the 90 second grace period but one thats nullified by attacks/raids.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Would you also impose this ruling on the 90 seconds given to troop sendings too, to even it out?

Angelic

I would for all villages bar the one auto evade is ticked for.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

The same could be said for troop builds
    But this would make it very hard to get any resources from an active player. As troops could be put onto build, merchants sent away with the leftovers and all cancelled once the attack has passed if done in the 90 sec time frame.
    It would only be a worthwhile idea if it was allowed for villages not under attack

I don't have an issue with the idea as long as it doesn't apply when you've accepted an offer on the marketplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Sorry but i don't like the idea.
    If they add this it will become lot complicate raiding villages.
    Specially villages we crop lock.

I suffered many times because we can't cancel out going merchants.
    Like 60k x 3 time crop send out for over 24h distance village because i type the name wrong.
    But i still don't like it.

Why should we make the game so easy for veteran players and so complicate for new comers.

Well if you type the village name wrong once next time bubble check before send it.
    Isn't that simple.
    Last edited by DrNightmare; 10 Mar 2015 at 05:29 PM.