Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M/TS math, tears and squabbles

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Wolf View Post
    A serious response to go4suefan...

The point you may be missing and m players are not explaining well to you is that from a point onwards resources don't matter. Once you have big enough an account what really matters is time it takes to build troops, not resources needed to build those troops as you have enough res anyways...
    This is misunderstanding travian! As Usul tried to explain earlier: At this point, you use 90% of your resource-production to either train troops or feed your troops. When your total producktion is suddenly cut down from 100% to 60%, you can either choose to train fewer troops, let your troops starve, or rebuild... you cant go the same speed as before - IT RELLY IS VERY SIMPLE...

on the other hand... if M only train troops for 50% of their production... well, there is the answer to why they can't defend their Capitals...

So yes ts claim win for destroying fields and is a reasonable claim but not relevant. Losing hammers is losing time and losing catapults is losing the slowest-building troops in Trav; that is a much more significant loss.
    We must remember that M have lost at least twice as many hammers at TS/I villages - as the other way around...

If somebody calculated which side lost most hammers and most catapults then we would be able to say who is winning or losing....
    Look at Jepsens earlier post...
    Hancock

DANES - JUST LIKE VIKINGS... WITH BEER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    This is misunderstanding travian! As Usul tried to explain earlier: At this point, you use 90% of your resource-production to either train troops or feed your troops. When your total producktion is suddenly cut down from 100% to 60%, you can either choose to train fewer troops, let your troops starve, or rebuild... you cant go the same speed as before - IT RELLY IS VERY SIMPLE...
    Just to pick you up on one point, if someone has a 200-300 hour queue already going (for example i'm sure there are longer ones running) then there is no need to use res to build further troops making the rebuild/feeding a little easier than you suggest, that bit is at least RELLY simple

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

So if I understand correctly and please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But what the M representatives are saying is the only thing considered a success is if;
    1;A hammer village is chiefed/zero'd
    2;People defend correctly and wipe out hammers that way
    All other attacks are pointless and are of no downfall, even if a cap is reduced to crop lock, unless troops are lost. Well hell, we all might as well stop attacking and sim then yeah?
    Out of interest, how many hammers/caps have M zero'd this server?
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    So if I understand correctly and please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Impossible task

And just for the record: I think smashing up our croppers hurt us. Saying otherwise is just plain silly.
    Im still crying..
    Previous S1 - Zoidaloid. (BG WW winners)

Princess of Spam - Lover of Cake

I can only answer for TS - answer is Zero...
    Hancock

DANES - JUST LIKE VIKINGS... WITH BEER.

, How many caps have Ts zero'd... ?

Quote Originally Posted by rifle View Post
    , How many caps have Ts zero'd... ?
    How many cleaners have you lost compared to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizzer View Post
    How many cleaners have you lost compared to us?
    I don't know !
    How many grains of sand does it take to make a wine glass?
    I think a detailed list of reports would make this more factual ! ...

But....
    You do lose a lot of rocks with the constant attacks. #Justsayinbro

Have some cake, cake makes everything better :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rifle View Post
    I don't know !
    How many grains of sand does it take to make a wine glass?
    I think a detailed list of reports would make this more factual ! ...

But....
    You do lose a lot of rocks with the constant attacks. #Justsayinbro

Have some cake, cake makes everything better :-)
    In response to your grains of sand question, take a look at this link and hopefully it will satisfy you!

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2203644AA0Rmg6

It isn't exactly what you were asking, but I thought it might lighten the mood in here.

If somebody calculated which side lost most hammers and most catapults then we would be able to say who is winning or losing....
    well if someone should do such a calculation they would need to know the following:
    total of hammers in ALL of the 4 alliances.
    total of catas in ALL of the 4 alliances.
    atm "numbers" and "most" is all you talk about. i would find it verry weak of you M&M guys if you DIDNT have more toops than us as you are more players.
    but to do the calculation youre asking for correctly it needs to be done in a total %
    but ofcourse you already know that. youre a smart guy. (at least u think)
    all i can see is how many attacks we succes with.
    and how many attacks M&M succes with.
    and i dont even need to find my calculator to KNOW that our succes rate is waaaay higher than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by zimrich View Post
    Just to pick you up on one point, if someone has a 200-300 hour queue already going (for example i'm sure there are longer ones running) then there is no need to use res to build further troops making the rebuild/feeding a little easier than you suggest, that bit is at least RELLY simple
    if someone already have a 200-300 hour queue going on in the M&M alliance i hope for you guys thats there have been a AA in that village when the que was made.
    but ofcourse ALL in M&M that lost fields in caps have a 200-300 hour que so its ONLY the rebuild they need to think about.

but if the ques at 200-300 hours aint done with an AA i dont need to find my calculator to know who have the most catas there either.

and now were talking about catas. i see alot of the M&M players having alot of rams. as im aware the ram que prevent catas from being made. that ofcourse also makes you guys have less catas than you could have. (not saying rams aint needed) BUT the numbers ive seen on some of your attackers have been WAAAY too much xD
    so you might not lose catas. but you lose rams as hell! and you need to get those back also xD

oh. i forgot to talk about the "goals"
    you guys go for natarwin. hows that going btw.
    all those who aint going for natarwin is going for WW.
    so different goals you say. or is it.
    as i see it OUR goal in TS/I is to prevent natarwin as we will be going for WW win.
    your goal in M&M is natarwin so IF a WW win your goal is lost.
    so even if another alliance wins with a WW M&M still lost.
    and if natarwin aint gonna happen. well TS/I won by preventing that.
    so if we stop M&M all you got is a loss. we got more than that.

The general goal for ALL alliances in travian is to destroy their opponent/prevent their way of winning is interrupted. so again. if natars dont win. M&M lose.
    if a WW to another alliance than the natars win. TS/Is goal is reached.

oh and a special thumbs up for Beetroot for being honest and not so stubborn like the rest.
    admit defeat and embrace wictory. thats makes a good player if you ask me.

//Maleren OUT

So much you you I am ofc sympathetic to my old mates in M but I am not playing this server... Waiting for the next non-WW server . So I really don't have a clue what happens in game.

If M had lost more hammers than TS then yes I agree they are losing. I maintain that losing cap fields only has a psychological effects once accounts reach a certain size and does not stop the war effort or the hammer building. According to getters most active accounts have reached that point.

Also one thing to remember; if you are not building for wwks then your res requirements are much lower than a ww alliance. M does not need as many resources to build an effective hammer and do some damage....

PS: can somebody, anybody explain to me how M can possibly have more players than the TS meta.????

So if I understand correctly and please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But what the M representatives are saying is the only thing considered a success is if;
    1;A hammer village is chiefed/zero'd
    2;People defend correctly and wipe out hammers that way
    All other attacks are pointless and are of no downfall, even if a cap is reduced to crop lock, unless troops are lost. Well hell, we all might as well stop attacking and sim then yeah?
    Good to see you are still alive!

A lot of text in the following posts, tiresome. Personally I like numbers (not that I have bothered to look through stuff presented here)

Hard to write something when drunk, mostly wanted to talk to ryder, like that guy

Me monkey
    2013: uk5 - Jabberwock, 2014: uk5 - She-Hulk, 2016: uk2 - Livet er herlig

The only reason I can imagine to why we're having this discussion is that many of M's players only build one medium-size hammer, or only deff troops in a small number of villages. If that's the case then res is not an issue at this stage of the game.

If this is not the case...having played servers in 5 different countries (US, Sweden, Australia, Germany and now UK) this is by far the most uninformed discussion I've ever seen in a Travian forum. Of course, I never played for a Natar win myself, maybe that changes the parameters of the game so completely that res does not influence the game any more. Only M seems to know.

Quote Originally Posted by go4suefan View Post
    In response to your grains of sand question, take a look at this link and hopefully it will satisfy you!

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2203644AA0Rmg6

It isn't exactly what you were asking, but I thought it might lighten the mood in here.
    Haha !
    But...
    Far too much math 😂

MemberMember

Quote Originally Posted by Livet er herlig View Post
    Good to see you are still alive!

A lot of text in the following posts, tiresome. Personally I like numbers (not that I have bothered to look through stuff presented here)

Hard to write something when drunk, mostly wanted to talk to ryder, like that guy

Me monkey
    Think thats the best analysis ive read so far. Clear, concise, informative and very much to the point.....Ryder is a good guy, and dont post when drunk. lol
    UK 2 - scarecrow

uk5 - screwball

PS: can somebody, anybody explain to me how M can possibly have more players than the TS meta.????
    TS = 36
    TSI = 56

*M = 42
    *M* = 39
    PhoenixG = 47 (I'm assuming these guys were included in the math since they joined M's cause)
    = 128

This is how I took the post regarding M having more numbers although I'm not sure if this is the angle that he/she took.

Quote Originally Posted by rorschach View Post
    oh and a special thumbs up for Beetroot for being honest and not so stubborn like the rest.
    admit defeat and embrace wictory. thats makes a good player if you ask me.
    Aww I feel a group hug is on the cards..

- - - Updated - - -

TS = 36
    TSI = 56

*M = 42
    *M* = 39
    PhoenixG = 47 (I'm assuming these guys were included in the math since they joined M's cause)
    = 128

This is how I took the post regarding M having more numbers although I'm not sure if this is the angle that he/she took.
    Erm who are PhoenixG??
    UK2 - Beetnik

So sad, so afraid, so frantic

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot. View Post
    Aww I feel a group hug is on the cards..

- - - Updated - - -

Erm who are PhoenixG??
    I am wondering if they are a secret society founded by Albus Dumbledore to oppose Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

I am wondering if they are a secret society founded by Albus Dumbledore to oppose Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
    haha

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast