Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An evenings sneaking - Meeting Darkwing Duck

Default An evenings sneaking - Meeting Darkwing Duck

As part of my interview series, this week we meet the terror, that flaps in the night. The cloud, that rains on your parade. We meet, Darkwing Duck... Since For some Strange reason, I decided that I should conduct another interview in the dark and war torn land of the South West, you'd think one step out into such a land would be enough. This time however, we weren't going to stroll so far from home or into enemy lands, our allies are full of interesting stories and all too keen to share. We grapes live in strange places, building our homes in hidden places amongst great grape vines, deep green and thick as tree trunks. I stroll along the rickety wooden paths built amongst our homes noting many people lie on the ground , hiccoughing , all with a pungent odour of wine on them. A few of the slightly less drunken folks (well, they could kind of stand) made towards me pressing great tankards of wine into my hand, regrettfully, I could only stay for one tankard with each fellow..... I think I meant to be doing something other than singing... OH YEAH, the interview!! I stumbled my way to a large building at the end of the road, and just as i'd opened the gate, a great horde of animals ran up towards me! A bear dived on top of me and as I was unable to move....... He started licking my face the big cuddly thing! Recognising me as an ally of their owner they merely got excited to great me. I made my way into the home of Darkwing duck. Their home is covered in animal posters and signs like 'PROTECT NATURE' DWD is an odd individual, as you'd expect from one that wears a duck costume all day, they have the usual smell of one that talks passionately about water preservation and a need to 'only shower when it rains' despite it being spring time in a warm area of the world. DWD gazes up at me , each of their two eyes seems to be completely different, as I wondered about this they spoke in one voice that somehow seemed to be two 'You're only 5 hours later than you said you were going to be, curiously early for a grape' DWD invited me to take a seat on one of their haystack seats, and the interview began:

M: You seem to be having a lot of success raiding, without even making it into the top 10 attackers, Is this kind of sneaky thievery your strong suit, or have you lots of hidden talents?

DWD: Not only are we not in the top 10 attackers, we are also not in the top 300 attackers. We are cold and calculated. I've been used to playing Roman for several years so making the most of having a lot of troops early on to raid with, I can't help but send hundreds of attacks just out of excitement! We've catapulted three villages this server forcing two deletions and a further removal from our area. We hate to attack nature, we're the real intruders on the land of those cuddly little critters after all , I think there are plenty of inactive people around to take from without bothering our furry allies.

M: So your lack of attack points is at least in part down to a love of nature and preservation?

DWD: We have been known to rescue a few critters from the likes of SWM. We like to think of St. Canard as a mini savanna or a Zoo. We think of ourselves as a kind of S2 RSPCA.

M: You've acquired a fair few defense points for such an early stage in the game as well, how do you feel knowing people are already out to get you?

DWD: 100 points is nothing, and if people are out to get us so early on, then I'm happy, shows that we have made the right impression. Besides, when you send cats at people, you have to be ready for them to borg on you!

M: I didn't realise ducks were so fond of cats!

DWD: Oh, I assure you, they're the only kind of furry creature we're not such fans of, this is how we get them to do what we want:

M: You find yourself in the quad with SWM, an alliance known as great enemies of nature, Is conflict with them completely inevitable?

DWD: I have actually played 2 servers with them, although didn't complete the 2nd, the constant MM's were more than I could cope with. What I can say is, I'm not concerned about conflict with them at all. I think SWM are running scared. They know grapes are coming, they just don't realise yet how long or how severe it will be... They thought Chorus or MIA were fierce rivals, we make them look like falconforce. We blew them away on settlements, we forced their leaders to play the game again, and we'll force their hand again. After all We, are the terror, that flaps in the night! We, are the cloud, that rains on your parade! We, are Darkwing Duck!... I mean grapes! Yeah team player!!!

M: About that early server incident involving identity, we've heard from Antonio, can you give a fruitier persepctive?

DWD: We weren't involved in that, but whole-heartedly support it. We will bring the fight to other alliances on many different levels. If SWM were so badly organised that we could run it during the first week, it doesn't say much for their skills. Then again, it just shows that they're about where we expected. I mean, they have won 2 servers, but one of them was by default anyway!

M: Can you confirm or deny rumours that you've taken to only purchasing grapes and wine for the past week?

DWD: We haven't built our brewery yet, so we can confirm that we have had to import all our wine. Cata attacks can only be done properly under the influence of alcohol, after all.

M: Finally, the big question Ariel or Bold 2 in 1?

You've got to be bold on travian, or we'll collect your resources. In fact, much like bold we 'clean' your account of resources.

With the interview concluded , normally I would take my leave, but this is not how we Grapes do things! DWD offered me a generous portion of bolognese, containing a very liberal splash of red wine. If you thought the Romans could drink, they've nothing on us!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

good read, thank you. I look forward to the next one.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Teuton MemberTeuton Member Roobs's Avatar

Superb...

thought another stinky thread by MJ.
    Awesome.

Great insight into Grapes.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

I have actually played 2 servers with them, although didn't complete the 2nd, the constant MM's were more than I could cope with.
    who were you in swm? what acc and when exactly have u played with swm?

I find your tone quite arrogant and full of urself... I wish I was in server and have you close to my acc to show you how is to run scared
    UK 5 - Hawkeye
    UK 19 - The 3 stooges

DWD: We weren't involved in that, but whole-heartedly support it. We will bring the fight to other alliances on many different levels. If SWM were so badly organised that we could run it during the first week, it doesn't say much for their skills. Then again, it just shows that they're about where we expected. I mean, they have won 2 servers, but one of them was by default

Not going to rise to the bait. And you say Alin is arrogant
    Last edited by antonio; 10 Mar 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Jeez, do you guys have to make every thread about yourselves? There is clearly a creative licence here, which seems to have gone over your heads. The rest of us in different quads appreciate the effort MJ has gone to, and DWD for stepping out and having a chat.

Keep up the good work MJ, my ally are happy to chat when you come knocking.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Not going to rise to the bait. And you say Alin is arrogant
    You need to put that before you rise to the bait, not afterwards when you edit
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Quote Originally Posted by MLGJ View Post
    You need to put that before you rise to the bait, not afterwards when you edit
    that's true this time I agree

New Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sharckyl1 View Post
    who were you in swm? what acc and when exactly have u played with swm
    I am actually deeply offended that you have asked me this question Alin, I shouldn't have to tell you who I was in SWM. I was a member of SWM when they "won" the WW.

And as for accusing me of being arrogant, to be arrogant is to have an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. I would argue that I am not arrogant, as I am well within the boundaries of my own ability. Instead, I put it to you that I have an abundance of confidence.
    Last edited by Cali; 10 Mar 2015 at 11:05 PM.

And you say Alin is arrogant
    You should hear Regrets, that guy is the definition of arrogance.
    The guy was a tool on uk4, and once again he is a tool on uk2.

And I have to work with him...

Can we not take the crative threads clearly intended for entertainment to heart guys? Geez.
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Quote Originally Posted by sharckyl1 View Post
    who were you in swm? what acc and when exactly have u played with swm?

I find your tone quite arrogant and full of urself... I wish I was in server and have you close to my acc to show you how is to run scared
    Can I also be close to your acc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    Can we not take the crative threads clearly intended for entertainment to heart guys? Geez.
    This is not the forum way.
    "I have edited your post and removed the section whereby you are encouraging moog to break the rules." -mod

meh
    Uk3 - Round 5: http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/2533830af11.png + http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/24895058b28.png - I love to feed troops.
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/img/2538802fcc3.png

Quote Originally Posted by Setback View Post

This is not the forum way.
    True, I should really know better by now aha

No one likes a politically correct interview. But when you're not politically correct... you get abuse, even if you were just being playful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I am actually deeply offended that you have asked me this question Alin, I shouldn't have to tell you who I was in SWM. I was a member of SWM when they "won" the WW.

And as for accusing me of being arrogant, to be arrogant is to have an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. I would argue that I am not arrogant, as I am well within the boundaries of my own ability. Instead, I put it to you that I have an abundance of confidence.
    that was my 1st server with swm and joined close to arte release... the ww you are talking about was my 1st and last 1 that i sat and built lol.. 1 was enough for me... but considering that i was new to swm and the server was quite boring without any attacks so far in sticks i didn't had the chance to coordinate any attacks or deff actions so didn't had the chance to know everyone in swm...

about your confidence... I am sure you are confident in your abilities but that is not an excuse for being so condescended to your former ally, no matter how bad it was... they proved that can improve and actually win a server against very good allies like B and LC. I am also confident lol that playing teut next to me roman you will not going to have a long server... well at least so far nobody managed to survive near my acc unless i chose to... no matter how much gold I use to dress my hero and make him strong hitting the oases nonstop for 18 hrs or so/day, no matter how less I sleep there is nothing in my mind but the destruction of the acc near... haven't played that many server, but managed to finish 1st attacker in 2 of them and in top 10 in most of the remaining ones... but all this cannot be proved as i am not in server... was sitting 18-20 hrs in front of the pc... i had to stop.

about swm running from you... it was a strategic decision to get close to possible allies later in game in case gfp and nemris will work again with swm like they are doing it now for 3 servers and was intended to reduce the chances to bounce as you lot were settling allover the sw quad and was quite possible many of u to have settlers already walking to croppers

after the fiasco whammy or whatever their name is made by taking toni nickname and making swm I think SWM really organised themselves well and caught up in the croppers race... i have no doubt grapes are better knowing some of the players in there, but with good organisation which i hope swm is going to have and lots of troops you can be surprised and have your hammers splat... it is all about the troops, determination and who is better organised and swm proved that can do all those things.
    UK 5 - Hawkeye
    UK 19 - The 3 stooges

Alin, once again, the interview is entertainment, creative license is used, its a bit of a laugh, theres no need to get so worked up about it. For you to call Cali arrogant in one sentence, and then use the next to talk about how amazing you are and how they'd have no chance near you is pretty amusing too. I'm sure Swm will catch a few hammers, but i'm equally sure it won't be enough. We'll see.

Grapes Vs SWM is going to be gooooood fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    Alin, once again, the interview is entertainment, creative license is used, its a bit of a laugh, theres no need to get so worked up about it. For you to call Cali arrogant in one sentence, and then use the next to talk about how amazing you are and how they'd have no chance near you is pretty amusing too. I'm sure Swm will catch a few hammers, but i'm equally sure it won't be enough. We'll see.
    i wrote about how amazing I am lol to show him how he sounds when is looking down to swm from his high horse...

I liked your interview with toni... like a gentleman he is he didn't start talking bad about grapes or any other ally in server to show how mighty and strong he is... everyone in server knows how good they are especially after the win in uk4... it is easy when you have in ally so many exp active players and gold users... more they recruited very good players from other allies in uk4 like nox and I forgot what ally beetroot was in... even u MJ ran from swm to grapes when you realised the difference in category ... it is like David and Goliath lol... altho a well aimed rock can shake the giant.
    UK 5 - Hawkeye
    UK 19 - The 3 stooges

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast