Thread: server done....improvements needed?

Default server done....improvements needed?

so the server has been over for a while. my first AE server so I'm not sure if this was just a case of TFC being incredibly good (plausible) or if the type of server just leads to this kind of dominance.

Either way, what improvements would you guys and girls make if you could?
    I think I'd go for limited arties per player. Might just have mad it slightly more interesting if each account could only hold one artefact.

TFC were just too good. the other AE server on uk3 worked well. I think a lack of teamwork and leadership skill in the other alliances were also an issue.

so have an NFL style draft with TFC leaders picking in turns for their team?

Hm with this kind of server a poor start is hard to overcome. If one alliance is quick to expand and the others slow then the former wins with some basic organising. It really feels like Risk where in the early stages you solidify your presence on the map and then you actually play war.

In S3 it worked because both sides were well-organised and ended up in a West vs East configuration. Here clearly TD was not fast enough to expand and when the game was up did not cultivate links with other alliances to form a confederate that could take on TFC.

It did not help that TD had the mentality that metas are bad as it would have been the only way out of the predicament

Truly appears to be one of the most boring servers.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member keevill_81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dejaentendu View Post

Might just have mad it slightly more interesting if each account could only hold one artefact.
    the more arties a player has the greater the chances of taking it are . on a normal server a player can move artie to cap and defend with the kitchen sink ! making it hard for smaller hammer player and smaller alliances .

even a great alliance cant defend all arties and all caps at the same time .............. this server has been a let down because the opposition don't have the common sence to plan .

To be honest, there's great potential in Ancient EU, but the UK servers seems too imbalanced for the potential to be fullfilled.

Uk3 was incredibly boring because both the NE and the SE quad merged up without any fights at all, preserving full hammers and defenses over 2 entire quads while easily securing every arte. While in the NW, the #1 and #2 alliance on the server both lived and fought in the early stages. Even though DC came out as victors in NW, and put up by far the best show on the server, numbers outweighed class. And since they had 2 quads on complete lockdown due to their meta'ing up and zero fights, it was next to impossible to conquer those artes, as they could easily be reconquered and defenses could easily be put up / chiefs could be broken with the distances from NW to SE/NE. Especially when 2 other NW alliances + the SW alliance on the server in the end chose to either merge the meta or back them up independently.

After playing uk3, I didn't feel like playing Travian anymore, it was so pathetic, so unfun, so inadequate. And I know people on both sides felt the same, which is one of the reason that several of the best players within the meta chose to join DC towards the end. The level of play on the server was just bad in general, which is why I was out stating that the UK seemed like a domain with very very few players that actually know what they're doing. I got talked into joining uk19 cause that would prove otherwise, and well, it did, kind of.

The plan for my acc was to play on the sidelines, and that's what we have done. We picked a location near a haste arte, and figured we'd watch how the game developed, and join an alliance that could provide other artes for us while in exchange we provided haste. We ended up in TFC, and there has definitely been some nice players there, I'd dare to say that if TFC were on uk3, they could've ruled the server as much as they did on uk19. The level of the average player in TFC are about the level of the top players on the entire uk3 server. Each player are experienced and armed to their teeth with disposable troops. Even though TFC lacks leadership and organization on this server (I'll credit that to the fact that it's been a walkover, so there has literally been zero motivation to step up and put the countless hours that leadership takes into it), they're undoubtfully the best alliance across the UK Ancient EU servers.

I can honestly say that uk3 and uk19 have probably been the most boring servers I've ever played.

I think if you wanted a proper AE server, you'd have to consider what you mentioned with NFL draft style. Get some proper leadership teams (TFC (uk19) and DC (uk3) jumps to mind, perhaps T~M (uk3) if they wanted a serious server) and have them draft their teams between a pool of players.

The problem about this is, it kind of defeats the diplomatic part, the recruitment process plus the risk/effect of spies is suddenly on a whole other level.

The best idea I can come up with, is if the Travian HQ put their heads together, made a "finals" server in Ancient EU style, took in one team from each domain (maximum 60 players), and then it would be a "Free-For-All" between all the domains, obviously there'd be forming metas on a server this big, but as long as each domain are only allowed one team, metas would be strongly dependent on diplomacy, and it'd be hard to trust your allies completely as everyone will be looking out for their own best interest.
    Hitchens: "Those who are determined to be 'offended' will discover a provocation somewhere. We cannot possibly adjust enough to please the fanatics, and it is degrading to make the attempt."

Crowe: "Life [is] full of nonsense. People are going to put you in a negative position if you aren't bold enough. Are you going to call them on the nonsense? Or are you going to be a wallflower and let life smack you in the face?"

Seems a fair assessment. Although I'd probably say TFC had good leadership, but they only needed it in the early stages. The numbers of players on this server haven't seemed great either, probably made the TFC walkover all the easier.

You're right though. It has been dull. I like the concept of the AE server but if the brief history is anything to go by I may have to avoid them in future.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Quote Originally Posted by dejaentendu View Post
    Seems a fair assessment. Although I'd probably say TFC had good leadership, but they only needed it in the early stages. The numbers of players on this server haven't seemed great either, probably made the TFC walkover all the easier.

You're right though. It has been dull. I like the concept of the AE server but if the brief history is anything to go by I may have to avoid them in future.
    lol ofcourse it had (has good leadership)... we started with 3 accounts (none of us playing this type of server. none of knowing what is going to happen or have even remotely the idea of wining the server) and these 3 acc were set to go for a small acad, build fast some nice hammers and start smash as much as possible and just have fun without any worries... like any good attackers, we brought 3 deff accounts in and this was it...

the situation changed when more and more were applying and wanted to join... I have spent countless hrs day and night assessing the applications, sitter check the accounts and checking their trav history... I think I declined about 100 applications and 15-20 I said maybe if they were improving their acc (cap fields, troops, etc)... at some point we were 20 going to 30 and some of our players were starting to complain that we getting to crowded and I was letting anyone in... like it proved from future actions this was not the case and all the players that joined TFC really helped making this ally the best in server.

I was part of the 3 stooges acc and until 1 month or little bit more ago when I decided to stop trav and get some rest I was organising 3 attacks every week... after the server was already won and TD conceiving defeat (this after we stole artes from them, inclusive 1 unique and killed absolute all their hammers sent in our camp) the remaining leadership got a bit lazy in organizing attacks etc... if there is no worthy opposition the fight is not that fun anymore... in chat where everyone was trying to find a new objective to keep themselves entertained...

so TFC was not preformed or had any plans of wining this server, but with some of our exp friends joining and a very serious recruitment (never chasing numbers, only quality) we made a nice team... we also listen of suggestions and advice coming from our players and implemented them in our strategy (like the overview pangea gave us about how they organised and played uk3, or the repeating, almost nagging from cait that everyone MUST build and have their own deff)

TFC didn't get all these players together and suddenly they become best... while I was dealing with the recruitment and attacking plans and mms about troops numbers both off and deff and 3 chiefs with hammer (and all our players had off /deff and 3 chiefs), joe in isthehodge was working on the expansion plan based on arte position... he did a great job supervising people settlement in strategic position near artefacts.

to summarize what is needed to win in this crushing manner in this type of server: a very good recruitment policy (disregard the numbers, always go for quality even if u are only 10 players against 5 wings metas... the quality is always going to bring more quality, at least this was the case with TFC), a very good settlement policy from start aiming to control key artefacts and areas and absolute everyone in ally to have off with 3 chiefs and deff ready with high TS and tc at 10 to activate haste when needed. If all the above are met and the leadership is v active organizing ops to keep the players active and entertained then you are in with great chances of wining this type of server
    UK 5 - Hawkeye
    UK 19 - The 3 stooges

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member goldie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharckyl1 View Post
    lol ofcourse it had (has good leadership)... we started with 3 accounts (none of us playing this type of server. none of knowing what is going to happen or have even remotely the idea of wining the server) and these 3 acc were set to go for a small acad, build fast some nice hammers and start smash as much as possible and just have fun without any worries... like any good attackers, we brought 3 deff accounts in and this was it...

the s
    ituation changed when more and more were applying and wanted to join... I have spent countless hrs day and night assessing the applications, sitter check the accounts and checking their trav history... I think I declined about 100 applications and 15-20 I said maybe if they were improving their acc (cap fields, troops, etc)... at some point we were 20 going to 30 and some of our players were starting to complain that we getting to crowded and I was letting anyone in... like it proved from future actions this was not the case and all the players that joined TFC really helped making this ally the best in server.

I was part of the 3 stooges acc and until 1 month or little bit more ago when I decided to stop trav and get some rest I was organising 3 attacks every week... after the server was already won and TD conceiving defeat (this after we stole artes from them, inclusive 1 unique and killed absolute all their hammers sent in our camp) the remaining leadership got a bit lazy in organizing attacks etc... if there is no worthy opposition the fight is not that fun anymore... in chat where everyone was trying to find a new objective to keep themselves entertained...

so TFC was not preformed or had any plans of wining this server, but with some of our exp friends joining and a very serious recruitment (never chasing numbers, only quality) we made a nice team... we also listen of suggestions and advice coming from our players and implemented them in our strategy (like the overview pangea gave us about how they organised and played uk3, or the repeating, almost nagging from cait that everyone MUST build and have their own deff)

TFC didn't get all these players together and suddenly they become best... while I was dealing with the recruitment and attacking plans and mms about troops numbers both off and deff and 3 chiefs with hammer (and all our players had off /deff and 3 chiefs), joe in isthehodge was working on the expansion plan based on arte position... he did a great job supervising people settlement in strategic position near artefacts.

to summarize what is needed to win in this crushing manner in this type of server: a very good recruitment policy (disregard the numbers, always go for quality even if u are only 10 players against 5 wings metas... the quality is always going to bring more quality, at least this was the case with TFC), a very good settlement policy from start aiming to control key artefacts and areas and absolute everyone in ally to have off with 3 chiefs and deff ready with high TS and tc at 10 to activate haste when needed. If all the above are met and the leadership is v active organizing ops to keep the players active and entertained then you are in with great chances of wining this type of server
    Blimey, that was boring to read!

Well as it was the first server of this kind a lot of people played so it was all new to us, by the time we realised how the server was played it was too late.

SoM have picked up our game but obviously well too late lol.

I think this might be a one of server because it is new, if they remain a common thing they will become closer and more competitive due to players know how to play them.

I can assure you next server a lot of us from SoM certainly know what we are going to be doing when we return

Well done TFC on such a comprehensive win

Quote Originally Posted by Vexell View Post
    Well as it was the first server of this kind a lot of people played so it was all new to us, by the time we realised how the server was played it was too late.

SoM have picked up our game but obviously well too late lol.

I think this might be a one of server because it is new, if they remain a common thing they will become closer and more competitive due to players know how to play them.

I can assure you next server a lot of us from SoM certainly know what we are going to be doing when we return

Well done TFC on such a comprehensive win
    Definitely right on repitition will bring improved skill. I've enjoyed the concept and speed of this server. Would just have been good if there was more competition. Something that isn't TFC's fault.

Definitely a well done on a great victory. Until next time...

Yay That's me won both AE servers know god i'm really good at picking good alliances

Quote Originally Posted by Desonator View Post
    Yay That's me won both AE servers know god i'm really good at picking good alliances

Yeah me too. I joined both servers on my own but saw or was contacted by people id previously played with

Quote Originally Posted by 7thhero View Post
    Jeeeee what a spineless audacious spinner you are... You forget your ceaseless spying and underhanded tactics, the intimidation via IGMs and infiltration of our alliance with spies (the ones who then moved on to join DC at the end). You forget the impersonation on forums, and the continuous use of spies to bring down every single alliance that you supposedly "fought" after you recruited their best into DC first.

The only reason uk19 was clean was because sharckyl and his lot led instead of you and they like to keep it clean. There was no chance for TFC to lose after a strong start solid players and a solid clean leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Wolf View Post
    Jeeeee what a spineless audacious spinner you are... You forget your ceaseless spying and underhanded tactics, the intimidation via IGMs and infiltration of our alliance with spies (the ones who then moved on to join DC at the end). You forget the impersonation on forums, and the continuous use of spies to bring down every single alliance that you supposedly "fought" after you recruited their best into DC first.

The only reason uk19 was clean was because sharckyl and his lot led instead of you and they like to keep it clean. There was no chance for TFC to lose after a strong start solid players and a solid clean leadership.
    Jeeeee, what a crying little baby you are... You got beaten, you cry about tactics used and try to paint them as dirty and underhand because you couldn't pull off the same (and trust me, we all know you tried).

Just be happy that the entire server fought DC, else you wouldn't even have your pathetic win to clinch by as you were not just beaten, but literally smashed out of the server on every other parameter.

There wasn't a single player planted in your alliance. But luckily, you are about the worst leader travian has to offer. Your only capacities is selfishness, a big mouth and an inflated ego. Good players dont thrive getting lead by some loudmouthed balloon. That's why all your good players went inactive / deleted / joined me in DC.

And you dont even know anything about uk19, but once again you speak out of your place.. Of course you do. How would your ego ever admit that I know more about you, both on uk19 and uk3. Let's see again.. Which one of us have been in the TFC leadership chat this server? Which one hasn't even played it?

Oh.. And then let's try twisting it around.

Which one of us talks about how and what happened on uk19, and which one doesnt?

If you answer those 2 questions, and ask one of your friends to lend you just a tiny bit of common sense, you'll see how delusional and unintelligent you sound on these forums.
    Hitchens: "Those who are determined to be 'offended' will discover a provocation somewhere. We cannot possibly adjust enough to please the fanatics, and it is degrading to make the attempt."

Crowe: "Life [is] full of nonsense. People are going to put you in a negative position if you aren't bold enough. Are you going to call them on the nonsense? Or are you going to be a wallflower and let life smack you in the face?"

MemberMember

Congrats to TFC on a fine comprahensive win. Looks like the competition wasnt there until late into the day when SoM tried to make a play of it, but by then it was far far too late. Now its been done in such resounding manner will be interesting to see who decides to make a stand against them if UK19 is played again to the same format.

As for the continuing PangeA & CW splat......when did we win UK3 again?? Feels like months ago...time to let it go guys
    UK 2 - scarecrow

uk5 - screwball

CW. I have no knowledge of your spats on previous servers. However, this thread doesn't relate to it all so drop it. Also, dude....this is a war game? "the rules of fair play do not apply in love and war". Remember that one little fact and you may stop obsessing.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member keevill_81's Avatar

CW is a little troll ..... your logic can not deter him , your reason can not educate him . don't even try ..... just let the little fella moan about s3 .