Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ally Analysis 28-03

You two sound way more bloated than BF

That is indeed an achievement of sorts...

Yeah, I disagree with my "alliance members", I think it is a worthy attack. Nimbus stealing an oasis of the mighty Grapes. In the same week the player also took out 7k of SWMs offence, making them look stupid too. You can't but tip your hat imo.

- - - Updated - - -

That was dangerously close to being nice
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Late to the party and I haven't read back but the thing I find with analysis' this early is that they're very subjective. Def points aren't representative of a players ability since all my def points came when I had no troops at all, now I have plenty of troops I have no def points. That said you can make reasonable assumptions based off of that, it just depends on your logic. Personally I much prefer to wait till arte's before making alliance predictions. That said, I also appreciate how much time and effort goes in to these analysis' after doing a fair few 'State of the Artefacts', so while I've taken it all with a pinch of salt it was still an interesting read, least of all for a different perspective - so thank you nonetheless If I disappear again, someone give me a nudge closer to the time (1 week) and I'll do another State of the Artefacts unless anyone fancies it. If so I can dig out the spreadsheets.
    "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Quote Originally Posted by Bloated Fish View Post
    There is no such word as oases. And can you elaborate, it's funnier when people have a vague idea of what you are on about.
    Irrelevant now, but oases is the plural of oasis. Petulance was correct to use it. Perhaps you were trolling?

In geography, an oasis (plural: oases) or cienega (Southwestern United States) is an isolated area of vegetation in a desert, typically surrounding a spring or similar water source.
    Wikipedia. Which as we know is never wrong. I only post this as I said almost exactly the same thing a couple of year back... oases... Oasis...Pfffft
    My Alter ego is red...

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix888 View Post
    Wikipedia. Which as we know is never wrong. I only post this as I said almost exactly the same thing a couple of year back... oases... Oasis...Pfffft
    Oasises...

the point was more that they had taken one oasis, not two. so yeah, trolling, as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloated Fish View Post
    Oasises...
    Oases...

Quote Originally Posted by Spritzen View Post
    Oases...
    Ohasises...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	6147 OASIS and not Oases (noel told me)

You know what I mean, yeah yeah
    My Alter ego is red...

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

The real question here is that according to wikipedia, In geography, an oasis (plural: oases) or cienega (Southwestern United States) is an isolated area of vegetation in a desert, typically surrounding a spring or similar water source.

So how do you get one of those in the middle of a pond\lake?
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Quote Originally Posted by MLGJ View Post
    The real question here is that according to wikipedia, In geography, an oasis (plural: oases) or cienega (Southwestern United States) is an isolated area of vegetation in a desert, typically surrounding a spring or similar water source.

So how do you get one of those in the middle of a pond\lake?
    Hello MLGJ, you have returned... Saying that I have been away for a while as well, so maybe you have been back a while.

No idea. Only just got my head around oasis and oases Like I said, Wikipedia NEVER lies
    My Alter ego is red...

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix888 View Post
    Hello MLGJ, you have returned... Saying that I have been away for a while as well, so maybe you have been back a while.

No idea. Only just got my head around oasis and oases Like I said, Wikipedia NEVER lies
    Hey, I rarely stick my head above the parapet these days but who doesn't like a good argument over oasis\oases

Hey, I rarely stick my head above the parapet these days but who doesn't like a good argument over oasis\oases
    Never a truer word said.
    My Alter ego is red...

I'm overlooking the spamminess because
    a) it's funny
    b) discussion of the alliance analysis had run its course (when is the next one)
    c) lil burst of activity is not to be discouraged as long as you aren't too mean to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    b) discussion of the alliance analysis had run its course (when is the next one)
    Whenever you decide to do it I imagine
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Go on MJ, I have no time still. And it was funny how much you got insulted last time. Makes it all worth while!

I would, but nothings really changed. Doesn't seem worthwhile tbh, Cool have made marginal gains, camelot slightly better than initially thought (good caps, a few weeks ago anyway) Don't see anything that stand outs as yet. Maybe one we're on the brink of arties things will have changed around a bit more with players leaving to S1 etc.
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member C.G.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    2) SWM

Rating - 3/5

2 times winners can never be ignored.
    Oh they can be, mocked too

That is a simple truth
    Or a lie as i prefer to call them

for all the times people have claimed swm were merely fortunate
    There's been a lot times they've been called that, also much worse tbh...

you can fluke a WW once
    They've fluked it twice

if you do it a second time its not about luck.
    See above

Another simple truth that can't be ignored however though, is the loss of their (generally agreed) most skilled and influential leader for this round.
    The sadder truth is they only had one skilled and influential leader

The founder himself only made his way back on to the server to respond to a bit of fruity banter.
    He responded poorly to it imo, not enough multiquoting going on

Will SWM revert to the 'also-rans' that became something of a joke before Alin joined
    It's a near certainty...

or will they be (as odd as this is to say about 2 time champions) this servers surprise package.
    No chance,

They've done it before.
    They've also bored the life out of a server by trying to nap with anybody that responds to igms

Looking at the current crop, swm are doing okay in all stats but not really standing out from the pack.
    The off points they get from oasis bashing is the only thing that stands out

Not a great deal standing out about SWM right now apart from their history in all honesty,
    When you're history is deeply rooted in utter mediocrity what do you expect?

but you can't live in the past if you want to win again.
    WTF is this? a motivational speech?
    C.G. and the Ocarina of Spam(Featuring The Master Shedbuilder Sheddy "Shed" McShed).

moderators please do something about this person

Mr Fantastic

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy C.G. is back I'm not alone in my SWM bashing. All we need now is Baldy and we can reunite the shed building group.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy C.G. is back I'm not alone in my SWM bashing. All we need now is Baldy and we can reunite the shed building group.
    We should start a where's baldy group

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast