Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What happened to this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloated Fish View Post
    Not completely, just in this regard, which you yourself have agreed with by proxy, by saying there are no morals in war.
    Balls, you've argued me into a corner there :p In this context there is definite 'morality' in the war, that 'morality' comes from the rulebook though. I'll continue to draw a line at actual cheating.

Just to say it though, you missed half of the quote with Clausewitz. Its an extension of politics by other means, morality exists in normal politics, but war is a completely different stage. Its a continuation but not the same or subject to the same norms.
    Last edited by MartinJames; 12 May 2015 at 08:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

cannot see what all the fuss is about ..... it is a war game so rules of war should be as in real life. Snipers , turncoats , spies , traitors , commanders , scouters , transporters , fighters , deserters , conscientious objectors (plenty of those) and i am sure many more types of people. The problem as i see it is people pay money and time and hate to see it all destroyed or lost and on that basis a lot of players will do whatever it takes to try to save it without going into a fight .... only way in my opinion to deal with it is to make a server with the enemy already there to start with .... make the natars the enemy and go into the server as one alliance (only allow one sect to sign up for it) then see which "ALLY" can do the hard yards. Max 100 players for that team and the only person holding the codes to enter that realm is the intial signee. Make several servers , start them at regular intervals and not 5 month waits for start up and have a real bloody war for once ... maybe it will bring the punters and players back to Travian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigheaded View Post
    just i find the argument is stupid and find it hilarious that you can lose that many troops to it from a single player.
    when you find a village that's giving away over 14k resource ever other hour you send a lot of troops, I did find it bizarre what he was defending it with though, and he had added more in between each hit, I lost just short of 450 ECs he lost 1004 clubs 354 axes 98 scouts 579 paladins and 17 Teutonic knights, so he probably came off worse than I did
    tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    I post about it several times over the day prior to chiefing to give the ally plenty of advance warning, if they still send to it then its their own fault :p
    I always knew there was a reason I hate you
    The original noob - #TeamNatar

[09/05/2014] Andrew: his opinion on judging trav hammers by horse pics is second to none aswell
    [01/09/2014] Andrew: Im afraid Nicks right : D
    [01/09/2014] Stuart: cant afford alcohol when you have a unicorn to feed...

Quote Originally Posted by iZw View Post
    Just curious as to when this game went down the drain?

I played close to a decade ago now just before Heroes/Oasis were introduced and have so many great memories of proper diplomacy, pretty epic fights between rank 30/40 alliances, servers buzzing with players from day 1 - right up until the end.

This server is completely dead... a ridiculous amount of inactives / banned players knocking around, pretty much nothing outside the Top 20 alliances and then the metas knocking around are just ridiculous. The south-east consists almost solely of LC/LCA/LCA2 players. They have pretty much no competition, and a massive amount are just simming away under the safety of the meta. When did people stop having fun and fighting each other? Or teaming up and agreeing to alliances based on merit rather than just assimilating into the collective?

Granted alliances can be expected to come together to fight for WWs, but from the beginning it's literally been a case of spawning in a quadrant and joining a meta!

Everyone wants to win / survive but it just feels like no-ones even bothered putting up a fight!

/rant
    I always thought a meta was multiple alliances working together making a quad unbalanced and pointless, LC are one alliance working for itself, no confeds no naps we had a threat in Khans but it folded under a little pressure and leadership probs which is a real shame as anyone can tell you LC love a good scrap, every one in our quad is an enemy always is that way, Its not Lcs fault no decent alliances showed up this server

Can only kill whats put in front of you

Quote Originally Posted by nickkcraig View Post
    I always knew there was a reason I hate you
    Psh, don't lie to everyone nick. You love me deeply, everyone in the skype chat knows :p
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Oh my, you guys might as well start a new thread dedicated to your war of morals. Oh and MartinJames go and sign up to your debating soc if you haven't already, i'm sure they'll love you.

No Swearing, please - removing one letter is hardly a convincing disguise - Feenix
    Last edited by MOD Feenix888; 12 May 2015 at 09:08 PM.

I think hes the president
    old UK1 - Stormfront
    New UK1 - Who knows?

[8:47 PM] Andrew: Henry is definitely right

Quote Originally Posted by iZw View Post
    Oh my, you guys might as well start a new thread dedicated to your war of morals. Oh and MartinJames go and sign up to your debating soc if you haven't already, i'm sure they'll love you.
    I'm a Politics Student, its the nature of the subject to argue everything really
    Last edited by MOD Feenix888; 12 May 2015 at 09:09 PM.

To help get more people playing travian could do something like make an app that notifies you when you haven't played in a while then a lot of new players would return to the game, a lot of apps do this and I think it works well but since travian doesn't have an app the only way they could notify you is by email. Also In the message you get from the quest at the start of the game they could link you to something that gives you a better understanding of the game like a forum on how to develop your village for new players and send the Help I'm a farm message when beginners protection ends.
    Last edited by MattJ1878; 12 May 2015 at 08:38 PM.

Another thread about the woes of Travian; before it was hijacked by the killing raiders debate...

The idea that this is war and pointless rudeness (such as defending a village against a raid) is laughable; it is a game and even though a war game it is still a game. Somebody being a git in-game is not justified being a git just because Trav is a make-believe war game for big boys and girls that like to kill digital pixelised soldiers. Rudeness is about more than the game; especially when you may meet the player you were rude to later on.

With regards to the game; it has been fun but yes it has been losing players for a variety of reasons. So many things... It missed a trick with not having a mobile app. The owners of the game did not embrace Trooptools and other sites/tools setup by fan communities that were helping make Travian simpler, easier to manage and better (thus expanding the market faster and using the fan communities to their advantage instead of fighting against them); they did not scale the game thus separating novices from expert players as most MMORPGs do (the result being that noobs and experts face off each other; to the former's dismay and the latter's intense boredom).

The more I think about it the more Trav feels like it lost its chance...

Could Trav Kingdoms reverse this? Well...

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Wolf View Post

Could Trav Kingdoms reverse this?
    Short answer, no
    Long answer, definitely no
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Yoink's Avatar

Oh wow, is Tormentor really playing this server Please please someone tell me which account he's on, I'll give you a cookie if you do

*edit* - need to be a bit more specific with my questions.

Which accounts has he been on had deleted/destroyed already?

Which account is he on now?

Which accounts does he have lined up to move onto once the current one gets destroyed?
    [21:22: 39] : be careful, behind the facade of a clueless turnip lies the mind of a miltary genius

[21:22:55] Yoink: Seriously?

[21:23:10] : no, there's a military genius standing behind him

[21:23:14] Yoink: (rofl)

OOOoooooo peachy....
    See all, hear all....know nowt

Quote Originally Posted by Yoink View Post
    Oh wow, is Tormentor really playing this server Please please someone tell me which account he's on, I'll give you a cookie if you do

*edit* - need to be a bit more specific with my questions.

Which accounts has he been on had deleted/destroyed already?

Which account is he on now?

Which accounts does he have lined up to move onto once the current one gets destroyed?
    I seriously doubt he has the stones to admit what account he's on, he knows he'll be persecuted ^^
    tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Yoink's Avatar

Though in fairness, if I've annoyed a server(or in my case, an entire domain) I would usually keep myself hidden until at least after artefacts
    [21:22: 39] : be careful, behind the facade of a clueless turnip lies the mind of a miltary genius

[21:22:55] Yoink: Seriously?

[21:23:10] : no, there's a military genius standing behind him

[21:23:14] Yoink: (rofl)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123