Thread: Rumour Mill

Default Rumour Mill

Please, any rumours going ... anything will do.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

I know so little I couldn't even make one up that sounds believable.

They say someone actually got a second village this server

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zc343Yy.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	6156

I wish you SP guys were in the NE, it's going to be so boring
    The notorious M.A.D

tell all players to move down here and have some fun.

Please don't encourage them...
    This thread is called "rumour mill" for a reason. Not to mention you're not allowed to talk about in game bans on this forum, tut tut. Would a cheater admit to cheating? Food for thought. Pretty sure MH's don't need to show you the evidence for them banning you.

Rumour is, someone broke the rules
    Last edited by MOD Sam; 24 May 2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: deleted quote

I have another rumour - apparently there are some players who are incapable of running an account on their own. Fair enough, this is a demanding game, and I understand why some choose to dual (meaning 2 players on one account).

However, there are some players that have really taken it to the extreme having 8 people on one account. Personally, I'm mystified - what is the point? What possible feeling of achievement can any of these guys hope for? It's like you're converting a fun game into a series of joyless chores/tasks. No matter what you achieve it will only be because you has so many players on the account and not because you were able to take on another player and win with skill rather than simple brute 'clicking' force.

It gets worse! Apparently this same group have spent 250 Euros on gold in the first 10 days! What a waste, lol. Again, what is the point - any old fool can buy their way to success (assuming they have spare funds). Why would anyone want to pay so much for the privilege of spending 3 hours a day mindlessly clicking through a list? Not my idea of fun, or good value for money!

The other obvious problem with 8 players one account is that it only takes one player to do one silly thing to get the whole account banned. They will, of course, never admit it to the other 7 players - who would? I have no sympathy, even if you haven't technically broken the rules I would argue that you're playing against the spirit of the game. Why not really test yourself and play solo or just with one dual, lets see how good you really are

Here's one final rumour - I hear some players play solo with a modest amount of gold and have a lot of fun... (bit far fetched?)

Badger the reason for having so many people on one account is that you can actually have a life while still enjoying the game. Playing a game for 3 hours a day (per person) and getting full coverage as opposed to 16+ hours a day and still missing a lot of game time seems a lot more joyful and less of a chore... And the "simple brute clicking force" comment made me lol. With farming being as dumbed down as it is now-a-days, "brute clicking force" means absolutely nothing.

I do somewhat agree with what you are saying about about the amount of gold bought, however you can't just buy your way to success in this game. With or without gold, strategy and time put into the game prevails massively. Honestly I think auctions have hindered this game and is a cheap money grabbing strategy that will only hurt Travian in the long run but you can't blame players for using it to give themselves a slight advantage if they can afford it.

And I'm pretty sure all of the players on the account have played solo and used reasonable amounts or no gold at some point and have done well doing so. The game is still more about strategy and dedication than anything else.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by therabidbadger View Post
    I have another rumour - apparently there are some players who are incapable of running an account on their own. Fair enough, this is a demanding game, and I understand why some choose to dual (meaning 2 players on one account).

However, there are some players that have really taken it to the extreme having 8 people on one account. Personally, I'm mystified - what is the point? What possible feeling of achievement can any of these guys hope for? It's like you're converting a fun game into a series of joyless chores/tasks. No matter what you achieve it will only be because you has so many players on the account and not because you were able to take on another player and win with skill rather than simple brute 'clicking' force.
    I have to agree really. I can understand where people are coming from in that they get more time offline in the real world (which is important), but in the same breath it would just feel like turning something we surely play out of enjoyment into something more akin to a job where we have a shift and tasks to fulfil during that time before the next player starts their shift.

So whilst it may be less time online, it would also drain any sense of self achievement and enjoyment for me. But the caveat is, everyone is different...

Quote Originally Posted by Madd View Post
    I wish you SP guys were in the NE, it's going to be so boring
    Rumour has it I am in the NE this server and looking for some fun
    Ukx - Round 11 - Natar WW hit, Mcawesomes haste stolen too.
    Ukx - Round 12 - Natar plans hit too, Friends Large confusion taken.
    Ukx - Round 13 - Natar plans hit yet again.
    Ukx - Round 14- http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=75820

Quote Originally Posted by therabidbadger View Post

It gets worse! Apparently this same group have spent 250 Euros on gold in the first 10 days! What a waste, lol. Again, what is the point - any old fool can buy their way to success (assuming they have spare funds). Why would anyone want to pay so much for the privilege of spending 3 hours a day mindlessly clicking through a list? Not my idea of fun, or good value for money!

The other obvious problem with 8 players one account is that it only takes one player to do one silly thing to get the whole account banned. They will, of course, never admit it to the other 7 players - who would? I have no sympathy, even if you haven't technically broken the rules I would argue that you're playing against the spirit of the game. Why not really test yourself and play solo or just with one dual, lets see how good you really are

Here's one final rumour - I hear some players play solo with a modest amount of gold and have a lot of fun... (bit far fetched?)
    We have more than 2 people on the account. I'm getting back into Travian again but i also have college and exams, the people I play with are also around my age or a bit older and have work. We want to have a really active account but don't want to spend hours a day just sitting on the computer just raiding.

Now in the past I've played accounts on my own and with less duals but then I had more than enough time and didn't have to worry too much as I was still at school, but things have changed. You said "Why not really test yourself and play solo or just with one dual, lets see how good you really are", The only way you can "really test yourself" on Travian is just by how long you can stay up raiding and not fall asleep. You also talk about people buying gold like it's a bad thing, it's their money why would you care how they use it? Does it ruin the game for you?

Over the years i found playing with a team if much for fun than being on your own or with one or two duals. Just my opinion by the way.
    The notorious M.A.D

Quote Originally Posted by Madd View Post
    We have more than 2 people on the account. I'm getting back into Travian again but i also have college and exams, the people I play with are also around my age or a bit older and have work. We want to have a really active account but don't want to spend hours a day just sitting on the computer just raiding.

Now in the past I've played accounts on my own and with less duals but then I had more than enough time and didn't have to worry too much as I was still at school, but things have changed. You said "Why not really test yourself and play solo or just with one dual, lets see how good you really are", The only way you can "really test yourself" on Travian is just by how long you can stay up raiding and not fall asleep. You also talk about people buying gold like it's a bad thing, it's their money why would you care how they use it? Does it ruin the game for you?

Over the years i found playing with a team if much for fun than being on your own or with one or two duals. Just my opinion by the way.
    Sorry, I probably came across a bit heavier than I meant to, lol!

Like commander says - everyone is different, of course you should play the game in whatever way gives you the most enjoyment. Also I don't think buying gold is a bad thing, I've bought some every server I've played (usually 16 package lasts me well into the server) and I would struggle without it. It's the extremes that mystify me, like 8 duals and over 200 in gold in a week. Still, if it's worth it to them fair enough, go for it. It doesn't really affect my game at all

I think playing style comes into it a lot too. I don't have to be online as much as you may think, as I don't raid much. I've tried before and am far too lazy to ever make farming profitable. I would clear the def to make myself a nice new farm, then forget to follow up and some other raider would benefit

I read Aslan's guide for playing Gauls, thought it was great but I could never successfully play that way myself as I know i'm not dedicated enough to do all that raiding. Hats of to anyone who does make that method work for them. If you do want to play solo or 2 duals, the raiding route will take up most of your time - maybe I should write a guide for half hearted lazy players like me who are also too tight to spend much on gold 8) and let everyone else play however they like without mocking them for it (last bit might be hard, I do like winding people up....)

At what point do you say making one super account is less efficient than making more accounts?

If you use Paradox's figures of each player only putting in 3 hours a day, if they had made an account each and with a planned rota of sitting they could have each account active between 6 and 10 hours a day. If they made 4 accounts with 2 people on each they could have still kept all 4 active 24 hours a day. Each separate account may not have had as many villages, troops, and resources as the super account but as a collective they would have far more.

Rumour has it C D are splitting tonight

Aren't they already split...all over the map?

They are indeed, but officially splitting now

Whats your IGN btw?