Thread: Mods

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Default Mods

If any of the Mods on these forums are still getting free gold on this domain then it's a disgrace. The last posts on here have all been from Spam bots and have been for days.

Makes we wonder what the forum and domain admin do these days to earn their wages.
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Was thinking this myself, didn't even look like they were bothered enough to clean it up
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

Just getting better and better

I have deleted hundreds of posts/threads over the past month. I have banned as many spambots that I've seen. This isn't activity that can be seen but I'm trying my hardest to remove as much of the spam that I'm able to. I can only remove it from the areas that I have access to so some will remain. This is I have reported but there is only so much that 1 person can do.
    i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii568/TravianComps/LMT.png

Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office

Hi guys,

for whatever reason we are currently being attacked by those spammers in a way that we haven't seen in a long time. It looks like none of our protection mechanisms are effectively stopping them, so it comes down to manual action. LMT is doing a great job at keeping her forum sections in order. Unfortunately we are not able to clear out spam in real-time. Let's hope the Chinese will at some point realise that even if they do spam, nobody on this forum actually understands what they want

Cheers,
    Chrisvc
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Giving the active mods temporary supermod rights should be a quick fix for this problem? The area mod thought is good, but is problematic when there is limited active mods around.

Also, sam must have been on holiday or something
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

Hi Andi,

the quick fix is user moderation, which is what we do right now. Sorting them out before they go on a posting spree.

Regards,
    Chrisvc
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

The coverage of mods still vary - for example, when LMT bans and stops new posts, there can still be some lag for all of the posts to be deleted.

One of the spam bot posts I've seen, was very smart (the cheating on homework one) in terms of the content of the post. We had one a few weeks ago that was posting once a minute and someone kindly alerted me on Skype promptly and it was stopped. Sometimes we catch them very quickly - and very few or even no users will have seen they were even any spammy posts. Sometimes it takes a little longer.

I hope at least the regulars are at least smart enough to click none of the links. And if you need my phone number again, you only have to ask Matt...if I'm not in a meeting or asleep, it can be dealt with very quickly that way. Similarly, if you have concerns, you can send a private message on the forum - I'm always happy to receive them if sometimes hasn't been dealt with quickly enough, as an email is trigger which I'm likely to see quicker.

(Sam occasionally has a social life... - see above for txt/pm route for the days when I'm not checking the forum more frequently than the regulars...)
    Last edited by Samantha78; 14 Nov 2015 at 09:47 PM.

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    The coverage of mods still vary - for example, when LMT bans and stops new posts, there can still be some lag for all of the posts to be deleted.

One of the spam bot posts I've seen, was very smart (the cheating on homework one) in terms of the content of the post. We had one a few weeks ago that was posting once a minute and someone kindly alerted me on Skype promptly and it was stopped. Sometimes we catch them very quickly - and very few or even no users will have seen they were even any spammy posts. Sometimes it takes a little longer.

I hope at least the regulars are at least smart enough to click none of the links. And if you need my phone number again, you only have to ask Matt...if I'm not in a meeting or asleep, it can be dealt with very quickly that way. Similarly, if you have concerns, you can send a private message on the forum - I'm always happy to receive them if sometimes hasn't been dealt with quickly enough, as an email is trigger which I'm likely to see quicker.

(Sam occasionally has a social life... - see above for txt/pm route for the days when I'm not checking the forum more frequently than the regulars...)
    Like I'd not still have your phone number

This wasn't a go at you having a social life that's fine, it's nice you're finally out and about it was more that something like 6 mods, a forum admin and a domain admin didn't even notice these posts for well over 24 hours in some cases. If you want me to mod the forum for you, give me 600 gold a month and I'll give it ago, I unlike some mods still check the forums more than once a month.

Wow, I will also do some modding for 600 gold a month

Looking at my post history in 8 years I only got 5 infractions - 2 for insulting, and 1 for posting in-game content and 2 for moderating without permission

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin View Post
    Wow, I will also do some modding for 600 gold a month

Looking at my post history in 8 years I only got 5 infractions - 2 for insulting, and 1 for posting in-game content and 2 for moderating without permission
    Sounds to me like you are perfect for the job...

Cpt_Dane

Seems like the problems are that either the current mods aren't active enough or there simply aren't enough mods.

The easy solution would be to recruit more mods to have better coverage on the forum or Chris should get his mods together and sort out the problems.

Are people getting anything in return for being a mod? if they are, you could refashion your current system to something else, so the active mods are getting more than the inactive ones.

If they arent getting anything in return for being a mod, you could add a carrot to the mods which reflects how much work they are doing.
    Last edited by Cpt_Dane; 19 Nov 2015 at 12:17 PM.

Yeah, perhaps double or treble the amount of gold LMT gets (if they even get gold). LMT is clearly the best MOD.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Mr Fantastic

MOD AMALGON
    Join Date 09 Mar 2013
    Last Activity 27 Oct 2015 03:08 PM

MOD FEENIX
    Join Date 28 Jan 2014
    Last Activity 10 Jun 2015 04:04 PM

MOD GRIZZ
    Join Date 09 Mar 2013
    Last Activity 14 Jun 2015 12:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bloated Fish View Post
    Yeah, perhaps double or treble the amount of gold LMT gets (if they even get gold). LMT is clearly the best MOD.
    Looks like it could be paid for by dropping these ones

Angelic

Who are the Mods for the Sever 19 Embassy (Scattered Empire) ?
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Hi guys,

we'll be working on this topic over the coming weeks.

Regards,
    Chrisvc

Matt should definitely be a MOD. I probably should as well, after my exceptional performance as crew previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

I've always liked the idea of being able to ban anyone who disagrees with me. Tempting.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.