Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 10,000 Gold

  1. #1

    Default 10,000 Gold

    My suggestion is the first player to pay 10,000 gold wins the server and get loads of medals and a funny hat.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Smith View Post
    My suggestion is the first player to pay 10,000 gold wins the server and get loads of medals and a funny hat.
    Is someone giving you a good smacking ingame that you keep moaning about gold use?

    AHHH BOOOHOOOOOOOO!!
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

    Just getting better and better

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Smith View Post
    My suggestion is the first player to pay 10,000 gold wins the server and get loads of medals and a funny hat.
    10k for the win, loads of medals and a funny hat?!? that such a good deal!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunnerx View Post
    Is someone giving you a good smacking ingame that you keep moaning about gold use?

    AHHH BOOOHOOOOOOOO!!
    Where's the moderator when you need one? Oh you are the moderator. Well playing the game without using gold is a damn sight more skilful than those that just throw gold at the game and win. Try it sometime and see how you go. Nobody in the 9 years I've played has ever given me a good smacking as you put it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind View Post
    10k for the win, loads of medals and a funny hat?!? that such a good deal!
    Lets see if any of the gold whores would do it. They could start a new server everyday and you wouldn't need to have any skill. Would you?

  5. #5
    Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Oooh, someone's jamies have been rustled.

    Gold alone doesn't make a threatening player. Having sat for more than a dozen of the Pulsant players, imo ka-ching can help compensate a bit for a lack of time or patience, but generally, not for a lack of skill. It's just not the main ingredient of a top account.

    We can all moan about people buying scrolls and artworks, or maybe we could drink a nice cold glass of concrete and accept that some players use gold and the hosting and development doesn't pay for itself.

  6. #6
    MartinJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Geez, its been years and he still moans about the players that're better than him...

    Probably not worth trying to explain things to Trooper, he likes to press on claiming he is correct and everyone who questions him is a mean bully.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    Geez, its been years and he still moans about the players that're better than him....
    Of course lots of players are better than me but most have now left the game. If you think gold does not make a difference then why is it used?


    Probably not worth trying to explain things to Trooper, he likes to press on claiming he is correct and everyone who questions him is a mean bully.
    Explain to me why people use gold? I know but I want your opinion.

  8. #8

    Default

    If I do something, I like do it as well as I can. Since using gold is heavily beneficial, if someone can afford it, why not to buy and use it to make his game easier and better?

  9. #9
    MartinJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Smith View Post
    Of course lots of players are better than me but most have now left the game. If you think gold does not make a difference then why is it used?
    It does make a difference, but it can't make a bad player good. Seen on several servers players buy up artworks , get high in pop and then they get chiefed easily by good players. It doesn't take a mass of gold to have a good account either, if you're a good player. As a student I don't buy much gold, and always use what I have in the most efficient way, I don't buy my way to the top but still do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Smith View Post
    Of course lots of players are better than me but most have now left the game. If you think gold does not make a difference then why is it used?




    Explain to me why people use gold? I know but I want your opinion.
    I was amazing when I didn't use gold. Now I do use gold, I'm still amazing. Why do I use gold? Time. Gold buys me time to do other things. I could spend my time at the computer. Or I could spend it with people and pay for the privilege.

    Anyone with time, knowledge and skill can produce a top 50 WWR/WWK, but the simple fact is most people don't have the time, knowledge and skill, hence why there is a top 50.

    Also, the trading system gives plenty of opportunity to accumulate enough gold to keep resource bonuses running. So the base advantages shouldn't be an issue.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

    "I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    It does make a difference, but it can't make a bad player good. Seen on several servers players buy up artworks , get high in pop and then they get chiefed easily by good players. It doesn't take a mass of gold to have a good account either, if you're a good player. As a student I don't buy much gold, and always use what I have in the most efficient way, I don't buy my way to the top but still do well.
    I agree with your statement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloated Fish View Post
    I was amazing when I didn't use gold. Now I do use gold, I'm still amazing. Why do I use gold? Time. Gold buys me time to do other things. I could spend my time at the computer. Or I could spend it with people and pay for the privilege.

    Anyone with time, knowledge and skill can produce a top 50 WWR/WWK, but the simple fact is most people don't have the time, knowledge and skill, hence why there is a top 50.

    Also, the trading system gives plenty of opportunity to accumulate enough gold to keep resource bonuses running. So the base advantages shouldn't be an issue.
    Yes time is the answer. As to whether you are amazing, with or without gold, I'll leave to others to debate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •