Thread: Scattered Empires - Not the answer?

Default Scattered Empires - Not the answer?

I've been playing this game a fair few years and have quit never to return more than once.

Unfortunately Travian is not the game it once was, and that is disappointing.

A lot of people (myself included) feel the WW is a major factor that is killing the game, and because of that HQ have listen and brought us first the Birthday server and now Scattered Empires.

However I can't help but feel that it isn't the answer. Whilst a different game style I fear it will put people off more than a WW server.

With a WW although we all may get a feel for who will win, we never really know right until the end. So people stay until the end. The WW may be boring but people feel they have a chance and can partake right until the end.

Unfortunately with Scattered Empires this isn't the case. With the need for spreading out, many people haven't seen any action all server, they are just simming away and getting bored. People can get very spread out meaning growth is slow and they cat get the large armies they are used to as only have a few support vills rather than a load.
    Also, as can be seen with CN (who have been the most organised this server) if you are organised you can start getting a lead from the begging. Some will see their lead as insurmountable and ,rather than as with the WW server not really knowing till the end, this can be seen from early on and some will see that with that lead "whats the point" and therefore leave.

Now, HQ have listen to us (eventually) and tried to give us something else but as I say I can't help but feel that this isn't the answer. What is the answer? Honestly I'm not sure there is one. It may be too late for Travian but I hope it isn't. Chris is always saying they try to listen to us so all i can do is suggest my idea:

Why not have Human V AI?
    For each account created a Natar account is created than grows at a random rate (you could have 3 types Slow Medium Fast) to mirror the range of Human account.

Points are given for Natar kill (Off & Def) ONLY. Ancient cities have to be conquered and defended Natars can conquer them as well.

Natar accounts can be made to only attack the more active account or only an account who 'antagonizes them' meaning that new players don't get bettered straight away. This would hopefully lead to more numbers as new players aren't put off.

So at the end either Natar or Human win, and then within that you have the league table for alliances that show their kills and have a winning alliance as per normal.

Anyway just my idea.

I hope Travian continues, but at the moment I wouldn't bet on it

Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office

Hi Zippy,

would this idea mean that PvP action is removed from the game completely, or would it just play a lesser role, for example with fewer options, such as not being able to demolish or conquer villages of other players?

Regards,
    Chrisvc
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

Sounds a lot like Travian Kingdoms where you have to fight robbers (AI) for treasures to get victory points...

Hi Chris,

I think the focus is wrong generally. This game is 24 x 7 and an app is not only sexy for the younger generation (i.e. new customers) but would also reduce my internet bill on my handy.
    KISS generally works for a good formula. Ask the developers to remember to focus on blood, We like to kill either by defending / attacking but at the same time we need to be able to train people so on that regard perhaps:-
    When an account has a certain number of villages (excluding the cap) with an opt out option for hints, i.e. increase fields in x or y village to lvl 10 or increase res building x to lvl 5 etc.
    I find it hard to train noobs because they are taught by other noobs, this server I am told you need to settle before anything because it will increase your res... Looking at the math, we are better off increasing fields first then cp buildings. Stuff along those lines.

Most important app for Apple / Andriod / Windows phones, it has been a long time requested and Travian will die without it simple.

Hope this helps.

Crossbreed

I liked the idea of scattered empires, but The map is too big. The entire idea, I thought, was to make it a smashy smashy server, but where's the smash factor when the good stuff is at the end of the map? It's so far out I think Travian should put up a warning sign saying: "End of the map, beware you might fall off". Smaller map would make more action. A pre-made organized ally would always have an advantage, but at least it would bring some more action, and a sporting chance for the less organized and not planned.

In principle, I really liked the idea of scattered empires and I've got to say I've quite enjoyed playing this round however, I think there are two major problems:

1. I agree with most here, the map is way too big. Rather than encourage skirmishing it has sent players far and wide and many are just simming away in the wilderness - not my idea of an exciting game. Also this means that res is limited due to the lack of clustered support/supply vilas, which brings me on to my second point:

2. The idea that troops can be trained in one villa and then moved and incorporated into another is awesome but unfortunately not really practical. The lack of res (mentioned above) and the huge (2x) incorporation costs means that we've really not seen the mobile armies that were promised. Ok you can gold up as an alternative to res but even that option is mega expensive and I don't want to get into the "buy the win" debate.

So in summary, some good ideas in this server just not properly implemented or thought through well enough. Much better than Kingdoms (that stinks by the way - imo). Make the map smaller, make mobile armies a real proposition and dumb down some of the gold advantages and I'd probably have another go. Shame so many have already left, with only 500 odd players it is dying. Finally, fair play to CN, they came with a plan and appear to have understood the rules in advance so they quite rightly deserve the win. Most folk I've spoken to, including myself, really didn't understand the regions/artefacts/victory points system very well at the beginning and worked it out far too late to make any real difference.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbreed View Post
    Hi Chris,

I think the focus is wrong generally. This game is 24 x 7 and an app is not only sexy for the younger generation (i.e. new customers) but would also reduce my internet bill on my handy.
    KISS generally works for a good formula. Ask the developers to remember to focus on blood, We like to kill either by defending / attacking but at the same time we need to be able to train people so on that regard perhaps:-
    When an account has a certain number of villages (excluding the cap) with an opt out option for hints, i.e. increase fields in x or y village to lvl 10 or increase res building x to lvl 5 etc.
    I find it hard to train noobs because they are taught by other noobs, this server I am told you need to settle before anything because it will increase your res... Looking at the math, we are better off increasing fields first then cp buildings. Stuff along those lines.

Most important app for Apple / Andriod / Windows phones, it has been a long time requested and Travian will die without it simple.

Hope this helps.

Crossbreed
    Pretty much this, we were promised an app 2 years ago when I quit playing... Here I have returned and there is still no Travian app, do you guys want to fail?

College students can make an app, you guys have no excuse for not releasing an app for android/iOS by now.

The game itself has other issues, as well.