View Poll Results: Good idea or Bad idea?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea

21 91.30%
  • Bad idea

2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Forum Reputation Function

Angelic

Default Forum Reputation Function

During the early days of the forum, everyone could give positive and negative reputation points for posts they liked or disliked. As this function was abused it was soon restricted to the forum crew only.

I would like to see this function reintroduced to general forum users as it could breath some life back into the forum.

It could be released as a whole to all forum users on a trial basis, or it could be rewarded through competitions or by reaching a certain amount of gained reputation points.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Judging by the rubish on the forum I seldom look in... most of it is just trying to play teams up against each other with funny gossip stories, called fun ! So yeah, I am keen on a thumbs down/up that might actually help me be more selective with what I want to read or what is a waste of time !

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Hey wgn
    Thanks for the suggestion I remember well why the system was turned off to crew only but i agree that perhaps the time is right to think about a trial.

I will discuss with the crew about how we can best manage reputation and will get back to you in the near future.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by getafix777 View Post
    Judging by the rubish on the forum I seldom look in... most of it is just trying to play teams up against each other with funny gossip stories, called fun ! So yeah, I am keen on a thumbs down/up that might actually help me be more selective with what I want to read or what is a waste of time !
    I'd like to nominate this for the new "most up their own orifice forum poster" award...plus I'd like to like this post. (p.s I would nominate myself for said award but I'm too modest)
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

It must be worth a try surely

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Agree, can't hurt much trying
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

As long as the function wasn't abused, then I think it would be a good idea to reintroduce the ability to give reputation to others. The forum is so quiet these days, I don't mind reading a bit of banter between alliances. We need to encourage people to both post and stay, so if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to PM me - I get email notifications on my phone so even when not online I can always be contacted.

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

I think the best way to make sure it wasn't abused is to show who likes/dislikes said posts. Just like a facebook like. Knowing that you're be visable for liking or not liking something would discourage users to abuse the feature possibly.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

I think you should probably only be allowed to be positive, easiest way to avoid some of the downsides would just be to stop people being able to follow people they don't like round to dislike every post.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Hey Folks

Thanks for your feedback. You will pleased to know Reputation is back !!!!

View the Announcement Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Croatia.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	6446
    Last edited by mhudson; 10 Jun 2016 at 09:51 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78