View Poll Results: Vote for the person who you think contributed the most to the forum during 2015

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bloated Fish

8 38.10%
  • Samantha78

9 42.86%
  • MOD LMT

4 19.05%
  • Livet er herlig

3 14.29%
  • Wind

1 4.76%
  • Chrisvc

5 23.81%
  • Ryder

4 19.05%
  • wgn

4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Awards Vote

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    hosted a couple of skype quizzes;
    Oh so it's not just the awards you barred me from!!! Was it because you couldn't sit down after all the spankings I used to give you in the other Skype quizzes?

Luckily MJ's got my back! I bet we each got about 26 nominations but they got lost in the post
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Quote Originally Posted by MLGJ View Post
    Oh so it's not just the awards you barred me from!!! Was it because you couldn't sit down after all the spankings I used to give you in the other Skype quizzes?

Luckily MJ's got my back! I bet we each got about 26 nominations but they got lost in the post
    lol, I don't understand why LMT had to submit hers to Hudson, when they were being sent to her as well.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FA mhudson View Post
    The person(s) who have the highest number of votes after the poll closes on the 30th December will win first place award. Second and third places awards will be given to the next two highest person(s)
    Now a lot of people may think I'm stupid and vast majority may be right. But to me, First is Sam, then Bloated, then Chris, now I took my socks off and that's defo 1, 2 and 3

So why have wgn, ryder and LMT got the banner when according to my basic knowledge of maths they came 4th?

edit if chris won't accept 3rd why was his nomination accepted in the first place? 5 votes that could have gone else where

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Well by my maths reckoning (which granted is not great) if you remove Chris from the running there is a three-way tie for third. wgn, Ryder and LMT, the three people that you mentioned as sporting the new duds. have I missed something? 'Cause I still have my socks on. And granted we could have had a re-vote but tbf I think we all just missed the boat and should have nominated and voted earlier. At least there are already some pretty profile banners.

Maybe we can attempt the appease the upsetted-ones by having a poll for the best easter forum entertainment contributor. And I said it first before you all steal the fabulous idea j/k...

Mr Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bat View Post
    Well by my maths reckoning (which granted is not great) if you remove Chris from the running there is a three-way tie for third. wgn, Ryder and LMT, the three people that you mentioned as sporting the new duds. have I missed something? 'Cause I still have my socks on. And granted we could have had a re-vote but tbf I think we all just missed the boat and should have nominated and voted earlier. At least there are already some pretty profile banners.

Maybe we can attempt the appease the upsetted-ones by having a poll for the best easter forum entertainment contributor. And I said it first before you all steal the fabulous idea j/k...
    Hang on, you made a post saying that you'd be uncomfortable excluding mods from the noms, now you're staff you're saying we should remove Chris from the votes? Confused.com

Oh hang on, I get your logic now, so I think we should remove Sam, Bloated, wgn and someone else from the votes, that way I think MJ has won

P.s The MLGJ party are now in power in the UK, I chose to ignore the votes and decided myself who won the election
    Last edited by MLGJ; 04 Jan 2016 at 02:27 AM.

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MLGJ View Post
    Hang on, you made a post saying that you'd be uncomfortable excluding mods from the noms, now you're staff you're saying we should remove Chris from the votes? Confused.com
    Actually no. I was just trying to maths your maths. I don't reckon anyone should or shouldn't be removed, but if you look at Chris's profile it's spartan without any added glitter, so I'm assuming he doesn't want the extra sparkle.

And fwiw, I had nothing to do with any decision-making on the vote. I'm only a bat.

Mr Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bat View Post
    Actually no. I was just trying to maths your maths. I don't reckon anyone should or shouldn't be removed, but if you look at Chris's profile it's spartan without any added glitter, so I'm assuming he doesn't want the extra sparkle.

And fwiw, I had nothing to do with any decision-making on the vote. I'm only a bat.
    Sorry, my maths of 1, 2, 3 being 1, 2, 3 and not your maths of 1, 2, 3 being 1, 2, 4

So my point stands, if Chris refused to accept the award, why didn't he pull out of the vote, and allow the 5 wasted votes to be put to be better use

For those that disagree with me and think I'm a prat, you'll be happy to know I've asked for my account to be suspended

Not worth leaving over Matt, this poll has been a bit of a non starter, few nominees, few voters. Think the first most will know about it is seeing a few new badges. Not saying the nominees didn't deserve it though ofc Except maybe Chris, he's a good Admin, but I can't see how he contributes to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

YOu are correct. Chris declined to receive the banner. He was nominated by members, if we refused to even list him then you say it was a fix anyway so its a lose lose situation for the crew.

Since the nominations and votes were so low in the first place I was left with little choice but to give the tied 4th place the banners.

Hopefully the next competitions & events etc will be a little better planned, executed and have more involvement from crew.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Angelic

Perhaps a member wide broadcast (through pm?) could be used in the future to announce such events? It would make sure people who only visit one or two sections would be able to give their input.

Take this further and you could have a box in your settings for whether or not you want to receive pms for game events, news, updates and another one for forum events, news, updates. That way people who want to know about these things can sign up to the pms and those who don't can un-tick the box so they don't receive their definition of spam.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    Perhaps a member wide broadcast (through pm?) could be used in the future to announce such events? It would make sure people who only visit one or two sections would be able to give their input.

Take this further and you could have a box in your settings for whether or not you want to receive pms for game events, news, updates and another one for forum events, news, updates. That way people who want to know about these things can sign up to the pms and those who don't can un-tick the box so they don't receive their definition of spam.

Another nice idea but not possible without using plugins. But in future I will add another box to the sidebar with announcements
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12