View Poll Results: Vote for the person who you think contributed the most to the forum during 2015

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bloated Fish

8 38.10%
  • Samantha78

9 42.86%
  • MOD LMT

4 19.05%
  • Livet er herlig

3 14.29%
  • Wind

1 4.76%
  • Chrisvc

5 23.81%
  • Ryder

4 19.05%
  • wgn

4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Awards Vote

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Default Forum Awards Vote

Hey Folks

Thanks to all those who submitted nominations. The vote will remain open untill the 30th December to allow all members to vote over this festive period.

Since the award is for first,second and third place you are permitted to vote for more than one person.

The person(s) who have the highest number of votes after the poll closes on the 30th December will win first place award. Second and third places awards will be given to the next two highest person(s)

Please make your vote now.
    Last edited by mhudson; 15 Dec 2015 at 08:33 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

I'm pretty sure Ryder only ever posted in response to me, so does that really count? Maybe his score could be transferred to mine, as I'm his inspiration.

I'm not sure who Liver er herlig and Wind are. Maybe they should join a competitive server, then they would have some real competition for contributions.

Anyway, I think I'll update a couple of posts today to increase my chances of winning. Depends how much work I have on.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

New Poster

I was going to nominate MLGJ as he says it as it is, some might not agree with him but he's just what this forum needs!
    So he would get my nomination and vote.

It's hilarious how some of these nominations I've never heard of...

Should be a separate poll for 'Mod of the year'

And Adam gets my vote hands down!
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

Just getting better and better

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

To be fair Livet er herlig has made a grand total of 11 posts this year, almost 1 per month, Sam's not been around for 6 months, Wind....who? Chriscv has contributed how? I would call this a farce but then I'd be mocking a mockery..Unless Bloated wins 1st, 2nd and 3rd then I give up on this place
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Sam has been around... Sam has two accounts as she is a mod.

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bat View Post
    Sam has been around... Sam has two accounts as she is a mod.
    I know who sam is lol. Trust me she's not been around as much as normal. But she's still a MOD and three noms have been MODS for best contributors....really!!!
    Last edited by MLGJ; 16 Dec 2015 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MLGJ View Post
    I know who sam is lol. Trust me she's not been around as much as normal. But she's still a MOD and three noms have been MODS for best contributors....really!!!
    Well yes but she did run the competitions, and that's a decent contribution. It's not like we can blame the nominated people for being nominated, since they didn't do it themselves. Maybe we all should have nominated more players?

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Well yes but she did run the competitions, and that's a decent contribution. It's not like we can blame the nominated people for being nominated, since they didn't do it themselves. Maybe we all should have nominated more players?
    You hit the nail on the head there. The number of nominations was so low that all nominees are listed, we expected to have many more nominated people, but most of the active forum users did not send any nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I was going to nominate MLGJ as he says it as it is, some might not agree with him but he's just what this forum needs!
    So he would get my nomination and vote.
    Unfortunately you did not send a nomination via PM otherwise he would have been on the list
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Mr Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by FA mhudson View Post
    You hit the nail on the head there. The number of nominations was so low that all nominees are listed, we expected to have many more nominated people, but most of the active forum users did not send any nomination.
    I didn't notice the thread till nominations had nearly finished and I'm active. I don't blame the people for being nominated but surely mods should have been excluded or given their own award.

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FA mhudson View Post
    Maybe it would have helped if the thread was posted somewhere people check?
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Angelic

I had a ton of people I wanted to chose but I only skim read the original post and thought my nominations were actually votes *facepalm moment*. I already thought I was being cheeky picking two people. I think I could have had the list increased by at least 10 with other people I wanted to vote for.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Maybe it would have helped if the thread was posted somewhere people check?
    Now that is the nail on the head.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

I nominated fat fish
    No-cringe signature.

I agree that MODs should've had a separate poll. They do contribute a lot, but isn't that the job? MOD of the year would be a good way to praise those who go above and beyond.

No idea how certain people on the list got a nomination and I didn't, and you all wonder why I'm so grumpy..
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Mr Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post

No idea how certain people on the list got a nomination and I didn't, and you all wonder why I'm so grumpy..
    I think it's a conspiracy led by Chris in conjunction with Bloated to keep us two normally happy go lucky people down.

Quote Originally Posted by MLGJ View Post
    I think it's a conspiracy led by Chris in conjunction with Bloated to keep us two normally happy go lucky people down.
    I think that's almost certain, we were the kind youths of the forum before becoming jaded by the work of those who envied our happiness and charm.
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

I am slightly uncomfortable with the idea that mods couldn't be included here.

That's kind of like saying, if you get given a couple of shiny buttons in the forums then you cease to be a person with anything interesting to contribute, you're just a policeman now. That's fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

MLGJ, young?

Anyways, I'm not actually fussed about whether mods are eligible or not - doing the right thing, rather than getting credit for it is the important thing to me. Nevertheless, I went digging:
    for mod account: sent 90 or so messages; 20 or so posts/threads (mostly around two sets of competitions); and 30 or so infractions (mostly a spate of bad behaviour around the start of the year - other have been far better at doing the spambots); did +rep for those posting/constructively responding in server award threads.
    for 'my' account: sent 90 or so messages; couple of hundred posts; hosted a couple of skype quizzes; ran a WVV I think with Slinky Snail and kept an eye on another two.
    Others were far better at keeping WWK etc. threads up to date.

For the debate about, the vast majority of stuff - imo - was stuff I was doing before I was crew such as sharing knowledge about the game or taking a turn doing a WWK thread, as other experienced players on the list do too (BF, Ryder, wgn)

(But December is definitely a v. busy month back in real life...)

That's kind of like saying, if you get given a couple of shiny buttons in the forums then you cease to be a person with anything interesting to contribute, you're just a policeman now.
    Are you saying policemen aren't people with interesting things to contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    MLGJ, young?
    Only as old as you feel. Matt was as youthful as anyone until the forum railed against us.
    Last edited by MartinJames; 17 Dec 2015 at 02:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast