View Poll Results: Would you be interested in playing a x10 (or faster) server?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

11 78.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An idea I wish to suggest

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    I have just checked and the server that ran a couple of years ago and that was a 100x server. You can read a bit about it here.
    Hey,

The one I played was a few years earlier than the one you linked and non-crew players were banned as the point of the server was for crew to test out certain features. Was maybe 200 accounts, and dont think it made it to endgame. Thankfully yet to play a 100x.

So many things would have to be tweaked to make it work, including attacks landing on your doorstep in seconds

I'm all for a quick server, but making a blueprint for a server that can be played with a single account is impressive. Starting with troops is one of the ideas that could help, but the rest of the recipe is harder. If the ideas are good enough, I'm sure they'll take them abord
    Last edited by Andi; 19 Dec 2015 at 10:52 PM.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post

Could a poll be added to this thread perhaps?

Poll added
    i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii568/TravianComps/LMT.png

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    It's always a worry when you start a thread that no will respond, or people will respond unkindly or negatively, but plenty of people are posting and the conversation has become constructive. So, thank you all (maybe not the dodgy Mr. Fantastic character).
    Heavy D huh, large fat man, with no dress sense, thinks he's funny and everyone likes....Santa is that you??
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 20 Dec 2015 at 03:45 PM.
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

When you put it that way, it does seem rather obvious that the name is more suited to him than it is to me...
    True
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 20 Dec 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Can we keep the personal insults out of this please? I thought this thread was about encouraging more people to stay, however if they read the conversation between the pair of you...
    i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii568/TravianComps/LMT.png

No, I would not be intrested in a server as fast as say 10x, but yes I could be tempted to play a casual travian game that had room for RL during Christmas. That is if I hadn't quit playing, which I have...honestly.

Mr Fantastic

We only said hello....
    She's gone power crazy since the promotion

In fairness heavy, a 1,000,000 X server would last at most about 5-10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

I did the maths and if I can still count, it would last less than a minute.

It has apparently bugged you that the poll asks about peoples' interest in playing a x10 server - considering that x1 000 000 is not feasible, do you not think that it was a reasonable compromise in order to see if there is some player support for your idea and possibly get it happening?

Or... we could go back to just talking about why a million-speed server isn't going to work

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

As a player who has definitely not played any unofficial servers at all (ever) I do know that some people have played 2000x servers that were carnage. They were still fun though and it would be interesting to play an official one. The server I didnt play did have a lot of event jams on it though which would probably be a problem with an official server.

A 1,000,000 speed server is just ridiculously impossible though for loads of reasons. If my calculations are correct (which they might not be at this time of night) then the server would last less than 2 seconds. So yes, that is a bad idea. Even if you were to just have some aspects of the game sped up to 1000000 I don't know what would actually be any use at a speed so high.

He plucked a random number out of his behind, and he's sticking with it and defending it to the death. The idea isn't well thought out and will NEVER happen. 0 chance of a million X server. Its a terrible idea.
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Has Travian ever hosted a x1 mil? No. Do the unofficial servers even do that? I have no idea, probably not though. The fastest official server i've seen mentioned is the 100x. So what exactly makes you say a millionX server has happened? I haven't seen anyone say that that speed is anything other than an unworkable joke.

I'm not denying fast servers have happened. Im specifically saying the 1mil hasn't happened(at least not in any official capcity) and wouldn't work, even with some aspects slowed. I'm specifically addressing your speed, not fast servers in general. I'm sorry that you haven't grasped that.

I'm specifically saying that servers at the speed I'm talking about have happened and do work. The x 1,000,000 server is out there, as is the 5,000,000 and the 10,000,000. I'm sorry you haven't grasped that.
    Wonder what the player numbers are like, and the quality of the servers, with event jams etc. Low and poor?

If you want a game that'll last a week, why not x100? What is this dedication to 1mil all about? A slower but still fast server would work better and be sufficently short-term. Why won't you compromise the speed for better quality?
    Last edited by MartinJames; 23 Dec 2015 at 01:52 AM.

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

pretty sure they did it already like some 5x or something

I remember being on an acc with like 10 + duals making tts and stuff was nuts I didnt play much..

I think an interesting model is pay to enter is maybe a good model too.. Like imagine if every one has to pay 5 quid to get in. After you paid in you get like a certain amount of gold per week, say 100. Every one gets exactly the same gold per week.

Then like all the noobs gona be going crazy like WAOW DUDE i got like 5,200 gold for 5 quid. Thats 10 times as much.
    And every one who likes to min max will have some nice balanced game play and rekt all the noobs, especially ones like MJ who relies on finding good alliance to hide in and has bad mechanics. *shots fired*

That isn't as centred around stuff like glad helm. Having a really big cap is ok, but you cant also have lots of art works then. Making like rush startergies etc more effective and stuff. Having the gold balanced for one server would be really interesting to me, like I can already begin to think of some bad startergies that would become a lot better if gold was limited and balanced.

Idk I think it could be nicely balanced like that. If they had that on a higher speed for test run might be lots of people pay to enter it for the fun.

10x is a village in 2nd village in first day btw. So basically if I played this game mode end of week one I think about 20k + Troops is pretty easily do able, with like 5 villages.
    Thats a lot of work, and a lot of time playing the Travian meaning no lifers got massive advantage.
    And I dont mean 5 villages on the high end, I think 5 village is possible on speed right end of week 1 with heavy cp rush?
    On normal it takes me 6 days to get fast settle v2, so /10 and its 0.6. so like its a really crazy amount of villages you can get in 1 week. Depending on the art works I think maybe 10? 9/10 would be certainty close to the maximum, and I think 4-5 is pretty solid for good player more for very good accs. By week 14 (arti) normal speed good amount of villages to have is 8-16.

Im not sure to be honest. Like If I had a lot of time off I might play it. If this came on a week when I have some things to do (unfortunately the majority of weeks) then like I'm probably not going to play, because I need to get 3-4 duals to play with me. And the amount of mirco I can do then is gona be sooo little and it will just be some raiding zerg fest. And I dont really like that, I think its better that the most skilled player is not determined by gold or by activity, which it some what is currently but it is very heavily influenced by the other two also.
    No-cringe signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Messy View Post
    MJ who relies on finding good alliance to hide in and has bad mechanics. *shots fired*
    You do love talking about me don't you lad?
    Last edited by MartinJames; 23 Dec 2015 at 03:13 AM.

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

I don't really think event jams would matter. The server would only be for messing around on. Not working properly would just be an additional hazard, like animals re-spawning in a cleared oasis.
    Event Jams do matter to TravianGames. Because they are a well known company with a reputation to uphold they would not offer something that is expected to fail (which anything over 100x would be).
    While event jams do happen on all our servers generally they are not long lasting, Increase the server speed and the damage/effect of event jams would increase.

Even a 100X server would need extensive testing in munich before they re-released it as hardware and software has changed since it was last run.

Ultimately getting a server over 10x is exactly zero and even if they did offer something faster than 10x it would only be on the com domain to maximise player numbers.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

I don't follow the unofficial servers, which would be why I said I wasn't aware of anything over x100 being run in any *official* capacity. That comment was not incorrect, I did say I doubted it was done on unofficial servers, which evidently was not true, but I guess they do it more because they can and want to push the limits than anything else. I was not 'incorrect all along', just not as up on the unofficial domain as others might be. The existence of such servers does not prove anything though other than it is possible to raise the speed, it doesn't prove that they work well, or that many people use them. As Matt has said to you, anything more than x100 would be expected to fail because it is too fast to work properly.

Even your compromise comment you moan about how x100 isn't what you want. 'It'll do'

Don't expect an apology from me any time soon.

Mr Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by FA mhudson View Post
    .....TravianGames.........they are a well known company with a reputation to uphold they would not offer something that is expected to fail
    To be fair it didn't stop them releasing Kingdoms, or what ever they call T5

Quote Originally Posted by MLGJ View Post
    To be fair it didn't stop them releasing Kingdoms, or what ever they call T5
    Hey! I had a mildly okay 5 minutes of playing that game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast