Thread: Confusion Artes

Default Confusion Artes

So for many people the Small Confusion is the most pointless artefact around by a long shot. Barely worth the troops it would cost to capture is a generous summary. So I've a few suggestions of changes to it that would make it more worthwhile, It'd be good to hear if anyone else has any ideas on it too!

Res Bonus - A small res production bonus (10%?) for the village containing the arte would be a real sweetener in the deal that would make it a useful tool in any capital. Still wouldn't be in the league of the small Diet, but it would become much more worthwhile.

Building times - Reduce building time in the village by a %

I think any one of these could make the artefact more useful to players and give it more attention, instead of its current unloved role.
    Last edited by MartinJames; 04 Feb 2016 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

All good ideas, what about increasing merchant speed slightly.

They really are kinda redundant since a sensible person wouldn't bother raiding the village without capturing the artefact first. Going with the name 'Rivals Confusion' some minor tweaks like successful scouting reports show troop numbers but not resources/defences in the village, or (and with danger of encroaching on the effects of the hawks eyesight) display a random number of troops +/- 20% of the actual figure.

Could also experiment with putting a small range on the village ones so friendly adjacent villages receive the bonus, or the closest 3 villages within a small tile radius (with a reduced effect of say 1/4) so it's not in the same league as the account confusion.

Another Idea is for it to raise the effectiveness of chiefs from that village to lower the loyalty of other villages by 20% (0.1% x 200 so it scales) .

Though it's not something to do with a rival I do give merit to the resource suggestion, interesting.

Or just stop giving negative effects alltogether, I don't really see the point in that aspect really. It would maybe make sense if the positive effects actually were really strong to have a flipside half the time, but not in its current state. So I'd propose either buff the current positive effects (like increase training speed from 100% to 125% considering its short duration), or remove the negative effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Or just stop giving negative effects alltogether, I don't really see the point in that aspect really. It would maybe make sense if the positive effects actually were really strong to have a flipside half the time, but not in its current state. So I'd propose either buff the current positive effects (like increase training speed from 100% to 125% considering its short duration), or remove the negative effects.
    Ironically, I think you're confusing the confusion with the fools.

The negative effects of the Fools don't make a huge difference, you just need to remember to move it over to a different village if it takes a negative effect, its all part of the fun of having it. The positive effects are equal to other artefacts, it'd be weird if the fools occasionally spent a day as a better AA than the real thing. The Unique fools only ever being positive is key to making it more valuable, if the small fools was only positive too it wouldn't be as worth all the extra effort to get the unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    Ironically, I think you're confusing the confusion with the fools.

The negative effects of the Fools don't make a huge difference, you just need to remember to move it over to a different village if it takes a negative effect, its all part of the fun of having it. The positive effects are equal to other artefacts, it'd be weird if the fools occasionally spent a day as a better AA than the real thing. The Unique fools only ever being positive is key to making it more valuable, if the small fools was only positive too it wouldn't be as worth all the extra effort to get the unique.
    My bad, first time playing in a foreign language. Although, since the fools' positive effect currently is (up to, some times it's "positive", but barely noticeable) the same as other positive effects, there is no reason for a small artifact that takes the same effort to obtain as any other to have negative effects. A flipside is there to counterbalance a strong effect. Having a randomized effect for a day is often too rare and too random to actually get any substantial benefit from the actual artifact (over having just one of the "normal" artifacts), so being punished half the time is quite strange. It would make more sense if the other half actually did more than an ordinary artifact, which it really doesn't.

Anyways, to stay on topic then, how about it lets us aim for everything with catas? Include crannies, trappers, stone mason etc. to the list of targets. Would make farming a dream, and zeroing capitals easier. Gives it some added benefit, while also staying within its original design.