Thread: Village ordering

Default Village ordering

Just a small idea I had: why not make it possible to arrange the order your villages are shown in your interface in the same way you order links in the link-list? By placing a "hidden" (or shown, the same way you can hide/show coordinates next to the village name) number on each village, so they don't arrange alphabetically. This way we don't have to put numbers in front of the actual village-names, which will save space for more characters to the actual name, and also look aesthetically better for people who care about that.

I like having a certain order in my villages for easier access from phone and such, but removing the need for numerical prefixing while still being able to customize the order the villages are displayed shouldn't be too hard?

Angelic

There must be order!
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Aw you don't wanna name your villages Apple, Banana, Cherry... ?

TBF it could even be as simple as displaying them in the order they were settled (= numerical village ID sorting) rather than alphabetically by title, as is the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bat View Post
    Aw you don't wanna name your villages Apple, Banana, Cherry... ?

TBF it could even be as simple as displaying them in the order they were settled (= numerical village ID sorting) rather than alphabetically by title, as is the case now.
    Yea, but I like to have my most frequently used villages on top, while supports down from there. When I make links with the plus-account, I get to choose which order they are displayed by typing in any number I want, wish it was the same for villages also.

The Troublesome One Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Tombo457's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    I like having a certain order in my villages for easier access from phone and such, but removing the need for numerical prefixing while still being able to customize the order the villages are displayed shouldn't be too hard?
    Something I realised this server, I start my villages names with letters i.e AA, and thus it is easier when using phone as there is no need to switch to the second level of the keyboard.
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png