Thread: Hall of Fame Suggestion

Default Hall of Fame Suggestion

I think with all of the work that's been put into the Hall of Fame that it should stand out more on the forum. I wouldn't say that it's hidden away as such, but I don't think that it really fits inside the "News and Announcements" sub forum. My original idea would be for it to have a separate tab at the top of the forum, although I realise there probably isn't room for another tab there that would have probably been an ideal position. Another way which this could become easier to access could be by adding it as a new tab in game (top right corner), probably in between the "Forum" and the "Help" tab it would fit nicely - if this isn't possible it could always be added in the "Help" tab as I think that the Hall of Fame would fit as an answer. In my opinion, I still think that there should be an easier way to access the Hall of Fame, I'm not saying that these are the best ideas - just the ones that I've thought of, I'm sure there are others who can think of better ways than me.

Another thing about this is that I think the all time records should be in the Hall of Fame, I think that they'd fit there a lot more than they do under the "General" heading - my thinking behind this is it isn't peoples first thought to check there when looking for records and it would be better for them to be able to be found more easily.

I just think that there are ways which we could show of the Hall of Fame and records more than we are currently, it's a shame for them to be hidden with all of the work that's gone into them over the years. Also I think a lot of people would be interested in these records if they knew that they were there, just with the forum not being active people don't actually know about them.

scratches head
    Am I seeing it differently to non-staff? The Hall of Fame is already in the top section of the forum for me. Or are you asking for it to be even higher up?

As for putting in more prominently on the main website or game, I believe we tried to get that to happen in the past, but it wasn't part of HQ's plans, so the idea was nixed.

I'm sure Bloated Fish will make a comment in regards to what is and isn't included in the Hall of Fame, suffice to say it's not all automagically included because it relies on people helping him collate the data to be included. He does an enormous amount of work to make it happen, for which we're very grateful

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Germany.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	6450
    Last edited by mhudson; 10 Jun 2016 at 08:54 PM.

I think what disastrous is referring to is the heading for Announcements, Changelog, Sever Info & Hall of Fame which is called "News & Announcements" (in white in the screenshot)

Hall of Fame is, to my understanding, a forum. A sub-forum would be "UKx3 Speed" (green in the screenshot) but it can be quite confusing to differentiate sometimes.

Name:	forumsc.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	6263

I very much welcome the idea of a hall of fame 'forum' area (struggling for what language to put on it myself ) and that alone shows it has come a long way from a sticky thread. Though I imagine most members would have different views on what should be most prominent. For me it would be the debate thread but that's not even Travian related most the time so that won't happen

I'd love to see actual reports in the hall of fame too - not just the number of def points but how the player got them. I appreciate that makes an already lengthy and challenging task 100,000x tougher though. Looking back at my 'record' tends to be done on Gettertools since travian-reports.net delete the archieve every couple of years ;(
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Thanks for your feedback. Why not make a poll and decide on a new location and name. Get other players to support the idea and i will make it so.

This is your forum if there is something that you think can be done to improve it, providing its not putting the forum on the homepage (again) and its within the strict limitations set by HQ i will do everything I can to make it happen
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkery View Post
    I think what disastrous is referring to is the heading for Announcements, Changelog, Sever Info & Hall of Fame which is called "News & Announcements" (in white in the screenshot)

Hall of Fame is, to my understanding, a forum. A sub-forum would be "UKx3 Speed" (green in the screenshot) but it can be quite confusing to differentiate sometimes.

Name:	forumsc.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	6263

I very much welcome the idea of a hall of fame 'forum' area (struggling for what language to put on it myself ) and that alone shows it has come a long way from a sticky thread. Though I imagine most members would have different views on what should be most prominent. For me it would be the debate thread but that's not even Travian related most the time so that won't happen

I'd love to see actual reports in the hall of fame too - not just the number of def points but how the player got them. I appreciate that makes an already lengthy and challenging task 100,000x tougher though. Looking back at my 'record' tends to be done on Gettertools since travian-reports.net delete the archieve every couple of years ;(
    The problem with reports is that they have, over time, become broken. Much of the information that I have accumulated is now no longer available. Indeed, many players came to me and dug them out, from pictures, etc, to add to what I researched. You can see the early evolution of the WWR/WWK records in the general area.

Every hammer that is in my records is actually stripped down to raw numbers, eg how many clubs, tk, rams the wwr had... This can be accessed by the excel attachment I provide. I will make this more obvious, as I continue to amalgamate and expand the Hall of Fame area.

If you have any more good suggestions guys, please message me, and I will look to incorporate, or explain what I am doing.

Many Thanks
    Adam
    If your server has just finished, please send an email to modbloatedfish@gmail.com so I can take down the server information for the Hall of Fame

EDIT; In the spoilers are images. View them in another tab as they don't fit on the page being the size that they are, my bad.

Sorry for the late reply, after the server I was playing finished I took a little break and forgot about this post.

Also, sorry for the bit of confusion I caused. I'll just simplify what I said here - Hawkery sort of explained my idea a little better than I did.

So my original thought behind this was that it doesn't really fit here:

I thought a neat place for to go could be here, when I actually thought about it I'm not sure it would fit here:

Then I thought about another nice little link to it could go here (as well as somewhere on the forum), but I doubt that would be able to happen?

After a little more thought, it could maybe go here (as well as somewhere else on the forum)?

With this, I just thought that these threads don't belong here and are a little out of the way as people wouldn't necessarily look here to find these types of thread. I thought it was a shame with all of the work that's gone into them.

I don't think that these are all the best ideas. These are just the ones that I quickly came up with - I definitely think that it would be nice for the all time records to be added into the hall of fame, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying there's any problems with anything the way that it is, I just think that it would make more sense if all of the statistics were kept together, and had their own area. That way they're more accessible and more people are able to see the great work that's gone into them over the years.

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Thanks for the sugestion.

I have managed to squeeze in the Hall of Fame on the nav bar. Its the best i can do unfortunately as there are restrictions to what i can add where

The game and help interfaces are set by HQ so unlikely to get a domain specific addition added
    Last edited by mhudson; 01 Mar 2016 at 09:26 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Nice one.

Thank you for taking on my suggestion!

With the last one, I agree, and it is something I am gradually moving across. But as I'm a volunteer, it takes time to make the necessary precursive changes
    If your server has just finished, please send an email to modbloatedfish@gmail.com so I can take down the server information for the Hall of Fame