Thread: Easter comps

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Default Easter comps

Am I right to assume since there was only one entry to one to one of the three competitions and that winner was announced, that the other 2 ill judged competitions had zero entries as all trace of the threads has been removed because were no winners?
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

MLGJ as announced there was only one entry into the competitions and thus only one winner and gold prize.
    As with all server embassy's and events once they are completed they are moved to the forum archive.

Apparently in the past Avi did not allow access to the forum events archive as all the permissions were set to hidden. This has now been corrected so you will find in the archive the old events located HERE.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FA mhudson View Post
    MLGJ as announced there was only one entry into the competitions and thus only one winner and gold prize.
    As with all server embassy's and events once they are completed they are moved to the forum archive.

Apparently in the past Avi did not allow access to the forum events archive as all the permissions were set to hidden. This has now been corrected so you will find in the archive the old events located HERE.
    Cheers Matt, so I guess my next question now is what is been done to ensure that future competitions have better visibilty and therefore more entries? When are HQ or UK domain admin going to allow, say the support account, on each UK server to MM out a link to such competitions. At the start of the year there was a big push to try and change things to get more footfall through the forums, so far I've not seen any changes.

The only big difference is all the hard work that Adam has done on the Hall of Fame but people probably don't know it even exists outside the hardcore 20-30 accounts that still post here. As I understand it this collection of data sets the UK domain apart from everywhere else, so why not sell it. Are HQ that scared of people seeing potential negative comments on the forum that they are activity discouraging it use, as that what it looks like to me. Give us what lots of us have been asking and that some kind of link between the game and the forums.

No problem. The Easter competitions were a bit of a rush (i forgot it was easter so soon) which may have affected the number of people that considered taking part.

The support account is in reality just a queue in an external ticket system. SysMM & SysMSG can be created with HQ approval but (going back to my time as a CM) they were only to be used when instructed/in emergency as they can cause lag when sending MM's etc.

The forums do not make money, read that as you will. If we had VB5 software, and the ability to link to social media etc a much more cohesive marketing strategy could be used to promote forum events and server information. My last CM role was primarily social media based so i know how it could work if HQ paid some attention to the forum software and gave enough freedom for the CM/FA to manage things themselves.

However, that being said, for any future events i will ask chris if we can send SYSMSG, Home Page News Box etc to try to get more visibility for events.

Also yes they are afraid as they have been bitten before

Mr Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by mhudson View Post
    No problem. The Easter competitions were a bit of a rush (i forgot it was easter so soon) which may have affected the number of people that considered taking part.

The support account is in reality just a queue in an external ticket system. SysMM & SysMSG can be created with HQ approval but (going back to my time as a CM) they were only to be used when instructed/in emergency as they can cause lag when sending MM's etc.

The forums do not make money, read that as you will. If we had VB5 software, and the ability to link to social media etc a much more cohesive marketing strategy could be used to promote forum events and server information. My last CM role was primarily social media based so i know how it could work if HQ paid some attention to the forum software and gave enough freedom for the CM/FA to manage things themselves.

However, that being said, for any future events i will ask chris if we can send SYSMSG, Home Page News Box etc to try to get more visibility for events.

Also yes they are afraid as they have been bitten before
    Thanks again Matt. To me the key to silencing the negative voices (inc my own) is to have someone like yourself willing to take the time to respond to peoples frustrations, you'll find most of the complaints people have is about running up against a wall of silence all the time. A little honesty from Travian HQ about what is and isn't possible and more visible feedback to people's ideas and suggestions would be appreciated, rather than the bury the head in the sand and hope people go away approach favoured at the min (which sadly they have done in droves, certainly on UK)

Again thanks for replying, hopefully something will come of my whine

p.s the forums may not generate revenue as a stand alone, but it's one of the reasons i've stuck around with the game, after all Trav to me has always been about the active community and meeting new people...even MJ

An announcement in the game regarding a happy eater and a mention about facts such as easter competitions in the forum at the same time could go a long way imo. I'm kinda active on the forums, but if there's not much happening on my server, I tend not to visit the forum unless bored (such as now lol)... reading about the competitions in-game would have had me at-least checking the forum.

What's the last question you would want me to ask in this sig?
    Here it is:
    What's the purpose of life?