View Poll Results: Will you play new servers after the update?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, the change is dreadful and I don't want to play anymore.

45 76.27%
  • Yes, I like the change and will keep playing.

1 1.69%
  • I'll probably give it a go and see what its like

10 16.95%
  • Don't know/care

3 5.08%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest game changer ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Philaneous View Post
    I am playing Scattered Empire x2 and I can reliably inform you that you can only merge your OWN troops.
    I haven't tried forwarding other player's troops but you wouldn't be able to send them as one big army.
    Yeah we all know you can only merge your own troops, you can forward other peoples troops though. Which is why these def hubs are being created on scattered empire, from which def troops are forwarded to def calls.

Personally I don't see why they can't just keep these types of things to their special servers and be content with that, they're clearly not wanted in the main game.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Do we think they even play tested this on a legends server? Nope? Didn't think so -__-

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Once again Travian does all it can to alienate the true players of the game to cater for the clueless idiots with deep pockets.
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

RIP Travian.

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

So glad I'm playing my last server.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    So glad I'm playing my last server.
    Yea, I won't ever play a server that includes this feature. Endgame is going to be an endless nightmare (natars will win 9/10 of the servers), the drama out of current proportions, the stress and tediousness of running a large account way higher than ever. I just... No.

Looks like this is my last server then, good while it lasted I guess
    Dude Double Uk2

Travian is already a joke.
    They don't think about long term players, like my self. The game is alot less fun than it used to be, some mugs spending way too much money on an account just to make themselves appear to be good. The skill has gone from the game, while there are good players out there the game has been corrupted by who can spend more money.

Soon will be the older, wiser, loyal players of Travian will be gone. Everyone know who is still in the game the servers are getting smaller, everyone basically knows everyone now.

The guys who run Travian should start listening what to the experienced players are saying about the game, not just making changes for the sake of it (Yes Chris pull your finger out).
    Games a complete disgrace, but why should this thread matter? We all know that it will be ignored. They don't care what we think
    Last edited by mhudson; 26 Apr 2016 at 04:21 PM.
    Probably the best attacker on your server.

Ooh new T&Cs, now anyone who happens to be on holiday and was having a sitter take care of their acc is screwed till they can log on! Great work. Another bang up idea, well implemented. Didn't want to log on to the accounts I sit anyway.
    Last edited by MartinJames; 26 Apr 2016 at 12:35 PM.
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

The crew not even playing devil's advocate here speaks volumes.

I hope you voice UK players concerns on team forum. It worked last time (Kingdoms), and I think Travian can count themselves lucky for not making Kingdoms the regular Travian (Legends).
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

New Poster

There has always been opposition to game updates as with each one, we get further and further away from the game that a lot of us first started playing. I have continued to play over the years as it wasn't just the game that I enjoyed, but the social aspect of it both on skype and here on the forum.
    Travian now seems to be less about the game, tactics and working together as a team and just seen as a way to make as much money as possible and to give mediocre players, the ability to look good if they spend enough gold. I can't see me playing again if these changes occur, so having a crash course in playing Roblox with my kids instead!
    Just a few rams... Darkwing Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post

I hope you voice UK players concerns on team forum. It worked last time (Kingdoms), and I think Travian can count themselves lucky for not making Kingdoms the regular Travian (Legends).
    Its not just us, every domain is complaining about it I just wanna know how they thought that the changes would benefit the game in a positive way.

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

For those who havent already seen the announcment

Quote Originally Posted by CM Chrisvc View Post
    Dear players,

we have noticed how you’ve reacted on our upcoming feature announcement. And we care about your arguments, your questions and your opinion.
    We listen.

The last days have been busy days for the team serving Travian: Legends, we’ve read forum posts from several countries, blog comments and listened to your voice. To tell you the truth, we are very surprised by the feedback. We did many surveys since September and got feedback about the Alchemists Cauldron, Troop Merge and the Troop Forward features introduced in Scattered Empire. Besides the Alchemists Cauldron, the feedback we got from you was mostly positive.

We don’t want to post “just an answer” – we want to take the time to process the amount of feedback we’ve received. We need some time to separate the arguments and concerns from the trolling. We want to answer soon, to bring more context to the whole discussion.

We don’t know yet what to expect from the next days, but one thing is for sure: There is no rush needed. We will take the time and want to discuss with you as community of Travian: Legends the pros and cons of those two features.
    We listen, especially on arguments.

So please keep up a discussion, stick to arguments, don’t get personal and expect various feedback from our side during the next days

Best wishes,

Your Travian: Legends Team UK

I personally quite enjoy playing kingdoms but thats my personal opinion and everyone has different opinions. That being said, the reason i havent joined the discussion in this thread, is that it has all been said by others.

I can assure you that your thoughts and comments are being passed to the HQ team who, as we can see from the announcement, are listening and processing your feedback before making a decision on how to proceed.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

"
    The last days have been busy days for the team serving Travian: Legends, we’ve read forum posts from several countries, blog comments and listened to your voice. To tell you the truth, we are very surprised by the feedback. We did many surveys since September and got feedback about the Alchemists Cauldron, Troop Merge and the Troop Forward features introduced in Scattered Empire. Besides the Alchemists Cauldron, the feedback we got from you was mostly positive.""

Out of interest, Has it been posted where this feedback came from? As it seem's a common response on most domains at the moment, and no one has mentioned actually seeing any of these surveys.

Would be interesting to see some sort of stats to back this up, Or at least information on what sort of people they asked, what servers etc.

Is there any other crew willing to put their opinions of the changes? Some of the ones who've played travian serious in the past, that understand how the changes would effect the game? (No disrespect aimed at Mhudson - But well..)
    Last edited by Purplejelly86; 26 Apr 2016 at 07:16 PM.

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Check announcement thread. Travian HQ are having a think pause before doing anything after having read the reactions on various forums.

If they read this thread:
    * The feedback you got from surveys was from the ones playing scattered empire, not the conservatives who did not play it.
    * How could trolling help? If you want the change, you should think one would post positives. If you don't want the change, why would you need to troll?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FA mhudson View Post
    I personally quite enjoy playing kingdoms but thats my personal opinion and everyone has different opinions. That being said, the reason i havent joined the discussion in this thread, is that it has all been said by others.

I can assure you that your thoughts and comments are being passed to the HQ team who, as we can see from the announcement, are listening and processing your feedback before making a decision on how to proceed.
    I believe some people may find Kingdoms fun/interesting, and I'm all for that running alongside Legends. Player numbers dictate that it suited fewer people than the old type of servers (Travian saw this, and scrapped the idea of T5, and went for a split).

I'm glad you are forwarding the concerns, and that Travian in record time backtracks on a very unfortunate change. But I hope they realize that you can't survey a scattered server to see which functions would work on normal servers, when many normal server players ignored the scattered servers for the very functions they are trying to implement now.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

I think one could argue that I was fairly candid considering I'm on crew. I will be honest, I sat there with the message saved for quite some time before I dared to post it. But in the end I did - this is a game and moreover a community that means a lot to me, and if I didn't care, that's when I'd not have bothered to say anything.

In answer to your question I have given some additional feedback to the devs as to how this change might interact with other game mechanics not mentioned in this thread. But in general I think we already have a wealth of experienced players here (and on other domains' forums) who have noted their concerns very well.

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

I believe some people may find Kingdoms fun/interesting, and I'm all for that running alongside Legends. Player numbers dictate that it suited fewer people than the old type of servers (Travian saw this, and scrapped the idea of T5, and went for a split).

I'm glad you are forwarding the concerns, and that Travian in record time backtracks on a very unfortunate change. But I hope they realize that you can't survey a scattered server to see which functions would work on normal servers, when many normal server players ignored the scattered servers for the very functions they are trying to implement now.
    Kingdoms is not really Travian IMO but I played since pre-alpha and it was fun, if i'm honest re-sparked my interest in playing again. I do have an account on SE to see what that's like but i'm not enjoying it as much and I think its expensive to really maintain an account if you want to keep in the top 150. I will be going back to a Travian:Legends server somewhere when SE ends.

While I don't feel the need to publicly repeat what others have said here on this topic. I have joined the crew discussions on the subject and made sure Chris was aware of both your feedback and any questions you might raise. (Amalgon- I'm awaiting an answer on your question about surveys earlier -- will respond once its received :: Also no offense taken, i know that since playing S2 in 2009/10 i haven't really seriously played on this domain)
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    so having a crash course in playing Roblox with my kids instead!
    Played that back when I was 13/14! Might have to sign up again lol. I'm not surprised they're backtracking given the sheer amount of criticism and - certainly on this domain - complete lack of support. The poll says it all really. 43 voters, 0 say they like the change.
    Last edited by MartinJames; 26 Apr 2016 at 09:12 PM.

The Troublesome One Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Tombo457's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    Is there any other crew willing to put their opinions of the changes? Some of the ones who've played travian serious in the past, that understand how the changes would effect the game? (No disrespect aimed at Mhudson - But well..)
    As soon as I heard of this announcement I aired my views in private. My views are exactly the same as most of the other people who I know of/have played with, in that I think this is a terrible change and I feel Travian's way of collecting feedback was completely wrong. I think the main problem with Travian HQ's idea of surveys being positive is (it appears) they have only polled players in Scattered Empire servers, and as far as I can tell none of the people I've spoken with about this change have ever played a SE server, mainly due to it not being the same as the classic Travian. Comparing those who play SE to those who play Legends is, in reality, comparing apples to oranges. To implement such a drastic change, there would need to be some sort of Legends test server to allow for proper feedback from those more likely to be interested in changes.

I'm also wondering if anyone who played the version of this on scattered empire can comfirm how much the price (in gold) varies based on troop numbers? As it is hard to tell from the image.
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast