View Poll Results: Which is the better start to a travian server??

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full sim

13 86.67%
  • Raid till v2 then sim

1 6.67%
  • Full raid (any tribe not just Teutons)

1 6.67%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Raiding vs simming in the current meta for uk

Default Raiding vs simming in the current meta for uk

Now I'm sure we've all had this discussion at one point with somebody or other in relation to travian. I myself was yesterday and neither could convince the other of the better start though granted it depends on a multitude of factors.

So which is better to begin a server? Raiding your way to village two and beyond or simming it?

Anyone who knows me will know I like to raid, be it with any tribe I can almost guarantee if I set my sights on it I could be in the top 10 raiders week in week out, however I've found as the years go by it has become less and less 'efficient' to build troops to raid with to get to v2 vs simming it due to the following;

•There are less people in each server, no longer do we have 8-10000 people in each server l, we're lucky to get 2000.
    • In relation to the above whereas on a 10k server a good raider had a free 30x30, now inevitably you have another decent raider or two in your 30x30
    •Res production from the hero is a slight buff to simmers
    •Every man and his dog has a dual nowadays, hard to compete with these people if you're a solo so simming is a more attractive alternative
    •Once I've cracked a farm he's gone for the server pretty soon you run out of people to turn into farms

There are other reasons but it's nearly 5am and I'm blagged.

More and more often as a raider I found a simmer settling within 36 hours after me begging the question why have I had 100 hours with no sleep while they get a full nights rest?

So in my new server where this debate started I'm currently rank 10 pop, little to no troops but a good solid 15k per hour production which is equivalent to what the top raider is making 17 days into the server. However my rate of growth is flying whereas he is still reliant on raiding his way to resources. His argument was he could squash me with his cats and turn me into a farm which pre t4 he could of, with the introduction of heroes for he next few weeks he doesn't have a chance and by that stage I'll be raiding and have an army to match him. All I need to do is call in a few mates and his Teuton spawn hammer has no chance with our smattering of heroes and Def troops.

So which is the better approach in the current uk meta of 1500 people per server? Full simming? Raid till v2 then sim? Full raiding?

Id like to hear people's thoughts to settle this debate please!

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Full simming (with a little bit of settler raiding) until v2, then raiding.

On uk3 I know the top simmers sent settlers before the top raiders. Travian has allowed it to become this way.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

If you can afford the gold to kit your hero out in the first few days with what you need for oasis raiding, then you can full raid and beat the simmers for the best croppers in close. You have to know what you are doing though, and a few bad raids or nature spawns and you are gone. If this is not you then sim.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
    #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin View Post
    If you can afford the gold to kit your hero out in the first few days with what you need for oasis raiding, then you can full raid and beat the simmers for the best croppers in close. You have to know what you are doing though, and a few bad raids or nature spawns and you are gone. If this is not you then sim.
    But you won't know about the bad raids or bad respawns until it happens. Those losses can cost you and put you behind too much.

Is raiding worth the risk when simming is quicker? Remember we are refering to .uk servers. On .com etc where multi accounts are used to clear oasis etc for early raiding then yes, they will show you raiding starts are better.

But over here where people don't play that way, simming is quicker, no matter what. As long as you do it right, which not many do.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    Full simming (with a little bit of settler raiding) until v2, then raiding.

On uk3 I know the top simmers sent settlers before the top raiders. Travian has allowed it to become this way.
    Same on uk1. I know of only one player who did a successful early doors raid start and settled in the first 10. Granted, maybe there are others I'm not aware of. On uk1 Pulse also "suffered" from the fact that we and Goats have crowded one another in NE, making raiding even more competitive.

On UK1 in the NW the top close 15c were all taken by raiders. You are right that it is safer to sim as there are much less risks and you don't have to worry about external factors (except a raider having a vendetta against you).

The biggest factor I think there is that is impacting on raiding starts is multi account scripters. We had a massive one in the NW. MHs need to focus on the early top 10 players in first (and every ) weeks. The first to settle on UK1 was rank 1 raider who went inactive shortly after. He was clearly scripting as you could tell when you raided his account from next door, his scouts auto-dodged even days after he went inactive...this has a huge impact on start-up...
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
    #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this