Thread: Buying resources for gold? Illegal or part of the game?

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

Default Buying resources for gold? Illegal or part of the game?

So, I know this may be controversial topic.

but I want to know how people feel about this.

If this is brushed under the mat along with the other issues I've experienced with rule breaking, and travians poor response with it.. Its gona be bad for the game.

People buy and sell resources for gold.

its done using external site..

I've never used it.

It is widespread.

In the meantime travian cant catch 90% of botters, and those they do catch half of them aint even botters.

I seen so many IP bans now, to do with families playing the game. Like legit families. I had 2 brothers banned in my alliance, I have had about 3-4 families banned for same IP usage.

And tbh if I'm gona say they r families or brothers. Then I belive that. And I know more than you about it.

SO travian needs its rules updating.

I think your IP and bot detection systems, primitive.

This is a very large moral grey area now appearing with external tools.

Some of the analysis tools give way more information on the game than the game does. But there is no official resources for Travian T4 legends. Its all shady 3rd party sites or independent programs.

Bots run rife.. Scripts cracked down on, travian doesn't recognise a script different from one another. SO any script regardless of its form is targeted and banned. I guess that is fine.

Anyway I can tell you one thing for certain:
    Removing this type of software is very hard to do.
    Just as 3rd party analysis sites have given a massive advantage since day 1, the travian underworld continues to grow.

Want to get some feedback on thoughts etc on this. Maybe there is some here can suggest good ways to regulate the game and what they would prefer.

But for now I tell you this: Travian market place, looks like it is here to stay untill trav finds a way to crack down on resources and gold trading. If they ever do decide to do that.

Seems pretty normal right money for resources? Money for lumber clay and iron.. It's in the game, and it isn't going any where any time soon, so we may aswell discuss it.

Trav policy "NO BAN DISCUSSION NO NOTHING" is pretty lame tbh, and its gona limit the game.

Laws etc should be discussed democratically, like it or not thats how we got this far. So lets use the already existing and effective system?!

ok im done

T

ps; ally analysis is 90% done and 1st on to do list today whoooo!
    Last edited by mhudson; 04 Jun 2016 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Link removed + ban discussion
    No-cringe signature.

I thought the rules said that paying or buying through externals or something was illegal.

Anyway this should be easy to remove. The website states on it how many resources they are selling. Make a hunter-killer search for 120,000 resources (or whatever) being sent from accounts to multiple random players, or just massive one-sided trades all originating from IPs across multiple servers, then remove these accounts and ban the recipients. Then hunter kill the same IPs across all servers in all countries. Remove their ability to make money off cheating.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
    #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

Multihunter wrote:

Hi Trouble,

that page is no news to us. We monitor both it and the servers.

Regards,
    MH

I agree, seems they are already on top of this.

I suspect a few players of using this. and tbh, not going to lie, they are behind on implementing this.

I have a mathematical brain, and it has to me, already proved it. useage for a few of the players..

hope they will do their jobs good..

"Now if you payment $20 a month , you will be able to hire us on any TR game server.
    We will hand-build a population ranking top 10% player in server for you service.
    You can command us to do anything.
    For instance:build resources village for you, producing soldiers attack and defense, occupying resources, and so everything you want to.
    you just pay $20 per month per account any server now."

Gold sponsors.. been a thing for a while.

Tbh I think gold sponsor is fine. It gives the most active and competative players free runnings to attack the servers and win.

Co-op-orations and advertising is a thing in other games. It gives a competitive advantage to them, promotes the high level skill play and creates more of an "amphitheatre" experience for others.

heres to hoping travian with the aid of its community can crack down on cheating

and stop banning me! (4 more drinks for this 1!)

T
    No-cringe signature.

Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office

Hi Trouble,

the rules are already very clear on buying things from pages like the one you mentioned.

" 5. Selling/buying an account

Selling or buying an account, resources, units, villages, Gold, silver or services from third parties is forbidden. Accounts may not be given away in exchange for money."

In order to not let this thread become an advertisement for that page, I have removed the link from your post. I hope you understand the reason for it.

We regularly monitor all of our servers for such seller accounts and possible recipients and take action as apporpriate.

We have a bot detection system that checks accounts regularly and bans them automatically if a rule violation was detected. I have yet to see a case, where the system banned an account in error. It's programmed in a way that ensures no innocent players are banned and constantly updated to reflect changes in the illegal tools available. Due to the "defensive" nature of the system, we also continue to manually keep an eye on suspected bot use.

Elaborating on the IP, family etc issues you mentioned, is a very difficult one. You may know that multiple people exist, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they play their accounts individually. We have the data of the account activity, which goes a long way to show what actually happens with an account and who is playing it. If we would give families a wild card, password-sharing for example could occur without sanction. Of course we're not going to do that.

That we cannot discuss bans has a couple of different reasons. One of them is privacy. As a company, we can't give away personal information to other players, be that IP addresses, emails, login dates/times and the like. Democratic governments or administrations also don't do that, for example can not just anyone request to see your tax return, health status or similar. Just like the family example above, other players also don't have first-hand information, but usually only hear-say info. That's good to defend a banned account owner, which of course alliances will try to do, but it normally isn't based on actual facts or can be confirmed by the data we have. So the full picture is only know to us and the account owner(s) involved. Which is why it makes a lot of sense to speak with them, instead of anyone else.

Publicly naming and shaming players who violate the rules is also not anything we would want to do. That would, after all, go against our company's interests and does very little if anything to solve or sanction a rule violation.

Regards,
    Chrisvc
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Multihunter wrote:

Hi Trouble,

that page is no news to us. We monitor both it and the servers.

Regards,
    MH

I agree, seems they are already on top of this.

I suspect a few players of using this. and tbh, not going to lie, they are behind on implementing this.

I have a mathematical brain, and it has to me, already proved it. useage for a few of the players..

hope they will do their jobs good..

"Now if you payment $20 a month , you will be able to hire us on any TR game server.
    We will hand-build a population ranking top 10% player in server for you service.
    You can command us to do anything.
    For instance:build resources village for you, producing soldiers attack and defense, occupying resources, and so everything you want to.
    you just pay $20 per month per account any server now."

Gold sponsors.. been a thing for a while.

Tbh I think gold sponsor is fine. It gives the most active and competative players free runnings to attack the servers and win.

Co-op-orations and advertising is a thing in other games. It gives a competitive advantage to them, promotes the high level skill play and creates more of an "amphitheatre" experience for others.

heres to hoping travian with the aid of its community can crack down on cheating

and stop banning me! (4 more drinks for this 1!)

T
    Pretty sure those are the saudis who got banned on ukx, lol. They are super easy to spot, just report them when you see them.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Chrisvc View Post
    ...we have. So the full picture is only know to us and the account owner(s) involved. Which is why it makes a lot of sense to ...
    Known *
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE