Thread: Attempt at an analysis!!

Default Attempt at an analysis!!

So as of today we're now 28 days into this server. As most people reading this thread will be aware, most alliances are already well established by now and we're not likely to see many more contenders for the server past this point barring a split/complete crumbling of an alliance.

For the purposes of this analysis i'm only going to look at the main 2-3 allies in each quad plus a few others that have piqued my interest. Mainly going to concentrate on what i perceive to be their strengths and weaknesses, not going to delve into cropper ratio's 9c/15c or if members are settling 4446 (cough marsay) and position on the map will feature quite a bit.

Disclaimer: Alot of the following might be drivel, i'm just trying to garner a bit of interest on the forum and for this server in general.

North East
    TI DFC
    Smattering of ribbons on their profile showing that they can raid and attack sporadically, not in the top 10 for either so far this week either which to me is an indicator that these guys either are reliant on 1-2 members to do it all and they're slacking this week or doing other things. Good mix of tribes and players that look like they have an inkling of what to do however i question how much impact they will have on the NW as whole despite being allied with TI GMC. Low member count, looks like they're going quality over quantity while relying on relations with TI GMC.
    Players to watch - Hell-Kaiser (i guess? though his 9c is putting me off)
    Pop rank - 10th
    Offence rank - 9th
    Defence rank - 14th
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...G-Map/46221581

Solidly based in the NE, no deviations from the quad and quite close together, always an advantage in my eyes.

Overall i'd rate them 6/10
    Mainly due to the fact that they're allied with a certain somebody known for falling apart mid game and i feel like that could be their downfall this server.

TI GMC
    Quality over quantity again, have a couple of well known players. Consistently third or fourth in attackers and raiders which is always a good sign of how well they're doing but raiding seems majoritively down to 2/3 players, don't want to say much more because i feel i'd come across with a bit of a bias.

Players to watch - H&H (solid raider, very well developed cropper) Zombies (solid raider though looks like he might not use gold? deffo isn't putting enough into cropper anyway) Trouble (tailed off since first few weeks but still a very well developed cropper, done enough to get it going)
    Pop rank - 5th
    Offence rank - 4th
    Defence rank - 6th
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...-Map/234862803

Again solidly based in the NE, no deviations from the quad and quite close together, always an advantage in my eyes.

Overall i'd rate them 8/10
    Mainly due to the fact that a certain somebody is at the helm of this alliance, had alot of dealings with him recently, he talks a good game but fails to back it up in my experience.

FED1/FED2
    Formerly Stargate and WHO (i think?) spread over two quads and seem proud of it on their alliance page, i've rated them lower than i would have if they weren't so spread - would have been a 9/10. Nice mix of players here again though alot of chaff in my opinion, appears to be a fair few who know what they're about though. Leading the boards at the moment so gonna hope it continues for them.

Players to watch - Farmville (solid raider, 9c cap putting me off again) Maverick (nice to see a roman raider, cap out in the sticks though, wwk?) DLX (single handedly keeping travian in business through his scroll use, want to see him turn it into something) few more but not gonna list everyone.
    Pop rank FED1 - 2nd
    Pop rank FED2 - 6th
    Offence rank FED1 - 1st
    Offence rank FED2 - 6th
    Defence rank FED1 - 1st
    Defence rank FED2 - 25th
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...-Map/278758677

Overall gonna give these guys a 7.5/10
    Based over two quads, think they've spread themselves too thin and they'll suffer because of it kudos to them if it pays off, also seem a bit more quantity over quality though only time will tell

The NE seems to be a contested area, i know a meta attempt failed between FED1/FED2 and TI DFC/TI GMC so i'm hoping to see a good fight here though i think the federation might just take this quad, depends on if they get any hassle from the NW

North West

FED1/FED2 already mentioned these guys but they're a presence in the NW.

NW VM G
    Recently formed from Valar Morghulis and Guerilla's, ALOT of single village players here. They seem to me to be a lot more chaff than good, their whole alliance being outraided by most of the players in the top 10
    currently this week. I think they're going to struggle long term, will keep a close eye on them though not expecting too much.

Players to watch - dsv (raider, 3 village nice strong cropper)
    Pop rank - 4th
    Offence rank - 7th
    Defence rank - 2nd
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...-Map/270470004

Overall gonna rate these guys 5/10
    Alot of work is needed here, not alot of offensive minded players and seems to include alot of new players, these will need guidance and great leadership to be turned into a force worthy of notice.

[A]
    Recently formed, seems to be the brainchild of OhMyScott and Locke Lamora - i've seen their recruitment message, they want to form an alliance for the NW only to contest endgame. Early days, only 5 days old but seem to be making progress? if they can get a few of FED1's members in the NW to join them and a few choice additions from NW VM G, these guys could be a force for the NW and take this quad easily. Definately quality over quantity here

Players to watch - Locke Lamora (not too fond of his cap but close to spawn, good raiding gaul and top attacker on server) HeWhoDaresWins (top lad know him from previous servers)
    Pop rank - 11th
    Offence rank - 10th
    Defence rank - 13th
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...-Map/278992092

Overall i'd rate these guys 6/10
    with the potential for being top dogs in quad due to lack of other alliances, only time will tell

NW doesn't seem to have alot to offer, i feel like [A] could take on NW VM G even at this stage, maybe FED1/FED2 can influence this quad but again depends on the NE

South West
    NW-SWM seem to be based more in the SW
    Cute idea but not too fond on it, seem to be trying FED1/FED2's idea but with a lot less impact, early confed with starks though so maybe could come to something? Definately quantity over quality here, too many single village players for me to give them any creditability, they will struggle against MM.

Players to watch - Dovahkiin
    Pop rank - 7th
    Offence rank - 8th
    Defence rank - 4th
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...-Map/252658790

Overall i'd rate these guys 5.5/10
    Not to much to say here, every server has one of these alliances.

MM
    I like the look of these guys though a few of their big wigs are putting me off a bit. WildC skirting the border of the NW and marsay with a late 9c? Consistent across the board in third in attacking and raiding, i'd like to see this continue, i think they have the edge in this quad. Very concentrated in the SW with a slight edge towards the northern border.

Players to watch - WildC, TOP, benne, Crazy Jerry
    Pop rank - 3rd
    Offence rank - 3rd
    Defence rank - 3rd
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...-Map/159831442

Overall i'd give these guys a 8/10
    Easy quad so don't want to rate them too high, will see what happens closer to arti's

FL
    Even newer than [A] these guys look like they've recently split from MM, still early days for them, looking like they can be a force in the SW but still early days, look good on paper, farming quite well this week with no medals from the previous week, will have a better idea on monday morning and can maybe come back and update this one

Players to watch - Conks, Mano Negra
    Pop rank - 8th
    Offence - 17th
    Defence rank - 58th
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...G-Map/11952670

Overall i'd give these guys a 7/10

Starks confeded with NW SWM regardless i don't think much will happen there, FL and MM - not too sure about the diplomatic stance of these two alliances but i'm hoping sparks will fly, couldn't call a winner at this stage. At second glance FL are mostly ex-MM, strife? appearance of strife? hopefully someone can comment and confirm!

South East

Gimps
    These guys seem to have the quad firmly in hand, mainly built up of experienced players from first glance but still with a side of filler. Consistently near the top of the boards, rank 1 raiders this week, i'm expecting a lot from these guys. I currently have them as my favourite alliance right now as they're the only ones without any real opposition though that has been the downfall of many alliances in the past. Plus i'm just a massive fan of the name.

Players to watch - Crazy1, Hilloz, Beautiful,
    Pop rank - 1st
    Offence - 2nd
    Defence rank - 8th
    Gettermap - http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...-Map/235875966

Overall i'd give these guys a 8.5/10

Grey zone seems to be pretty much devoid of life, kinda disappointing for the server as a whole as we all love a good greyzone fight

Good job.

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

Its decent writing,

Lacks aditional stats.

Also I think your out of 10 raitings, is far to generous, and actually. In my opinion, they give pretty bad idea of who is actually strongest.

To answer your points with regards to me, You lied about me. Directly damaged the strategic strength of your own alliance, and have taken over leadership of my alliance.

So what did that do for you?

Well you've lost, on serveral times.

Booted strategically placed players because they don't fit your own simplistic game plan.

And generally, you will lose the server now, where as I had a chance to win. You are a worse leader than I was, and a liar to boot.
    No-cringe signature.

While trouble seems to be having a conversation all by himself (kudos for that), it looks like an interesting analysis and kudos for taking the time to put it together. By default, an analysis is different from person to person. While I'm not on the server myself to offer a counter argument it's good to see the gettertools maps and your predictions on which players to watch! It'll be interesting to see if those players meet their new found expectations and if the alliances also follow through.

First test for these players and alliances will be artefacts and I imagine I will be lurking around closer to the time
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Great analysis - please keep updating this regularly!

seems a few predictions are already ringing true. Keep an eye on the NW as [A] is really picking up speed now.

Yup seems like [A] have really kicked off and look the dominant force in the NW now.

FED have dropped down to one wing, losing 90% of their NW members.

Also looks like TI GMC and TI DFC picked up a few members from FED, much more equal in that quadrant now.

Would still like to hear about what happened with MM/FL?

Quote Originally Posted by Apsalar View Post

Would still like to hear about what happened with MM/FL?
    2 words - Crazy Jerry.

There were those who were happy to ignore his blatant cheating, and those who wanted to be nowhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrers View Post
    2 words - Crazy Jerry.

There were those who were happy to ignore his blatant cheating, and those who wanted to be nowhere near it.
    Then i would like to applaud those in FL. Notice Crazy Jerry chiefed a village from one of his 'personal defenders', i vaguely remember a quote on this forum where he said they weren't there to push him res or whatever, just defence. Pahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Apsalar View Post
    Then i would like to applaud those in FL. Notice Crazy Jerry chiefed a village from one of his 'personal defenders', i vaguely remember a quote on this forum where he said they weren't there to push him res or whatever, just defence. Pahaha.
    haha - you're bang on the money with your observations. Sadly, at least some of those involved weren't aware of CJ's intentions... a bit sad really. He's a nice farm now though MH always gonna get ya!

Anything heating up in other quads yet?

Had a few niggles up in the NW but nothing serious really. Looks like NW VM G main 2 offensive accounts have a bad habit of going splat but that is about all so far.

SWM is sinking quickly. Dovahkiin appears to have gone inactive. Yeah...

An update is needed, is the server dead already?!

I agree, an update would be good!

For some it is

Given how a two player alliance consistently gets 8th/9th in the top raiders of the week, there must be something up with the server!

We could get an update, since artefacts are coming in 68h . Also it's kinda sad, that only 5 alliances raided over 1M ressources...