Thread: No competition, no challenge, no rivals?

Default No competition, no challenge, no rivals?

Good day my bored fellowplayers,

I am a representative ofthe (by far) best German alliance. We, as in our little Germanalliance, played the beta RoA test server on the .com and naturallywe dominated there as well. Although we were not even 20 players andour “enemies” had a full alliance at their disposal.

From my point of view oneof the biggest, maybe the single biggest problem with Travian rightnow is, that there are not enough players. If we stay on the Germanserver we already know EVERY single player active player (we aretalking about ~100 players here who still play this game on an atleast semi-competitive level and maybe 10 ppl who play competitive.).

So, what I propose:

I am going to post inevery Travian forum a challenge that at least one alliance fromthere, preferable one of the better alliances, comes to the .UK RoAserver. If we manage to only snatch 30-50 active player from everyother Travian domain the .UK world is EXPLODING. So many activeplayers you haven't see in years on one single server. Finally we canuse diplomacy again, having real fights with (hopeful) equalopponents and tactic will play a role again!

Which nations are going toreceive this challenge?
    Czech Republic
    Germany (we already sendour best team)
    Denmark
    UK (Well, since we play on.uk we will face their best alliances anyway)
    France
    Netherlands (they arealready there, hey twaaalf monkeys)
    Norway
    Italy
    Poland
    Romania (Well, we met inthe 8x speed, you remember Effeucheur? :p)
    Russia (I really have hopefor these folks. I really don't even mind if they cheat, at leastthat way they might proof to be a challenge)
    Spain
    Slovenia
    Sweden
    Turkey
    USA

Just imagine if only onesingle alliance leader in all these domains has the guts to play on.UK instead of their boring, little home-server. In no time we havesooo many active alliances battling there.

The .UK RoA Birthdayserver starts on Wednesday, 07.09.2016

If you read that and areslightly interested in having a demanding server full of other activeplayers from all around the world, share this thread, please!

And now I am going to lookfor all these forums, I hope they are all up again.

One last note: Playing RoAwith advanced start and the new mechanic really makes Travian moreenjoyable. There is much more planing involved than earlier, you caneven have long-term strategies. Of course they only make sense ifthere is an actual opponent. If you only play with semi-activeplayers you don't need all this stuff. So come on guys, let's alljoin on the .UK server.

Regards
    Schneeente (that's also mySkype nick if you have further questions)

The players that I would regard as the best on the UK servers are on UK1, with a few others elsewhere. I am measuring this by alliance and player records, as seen in our hall of fame. Most usually take a break then come back a server or two later. So for the UK's "best alliances", I feel you are a little off with your timing.

You raise an interesting point though, that other domains feel the same as the UK... maybe we just need a European server, that sits alongside a smaller amount of domestic ones. Combine some of the smaller server... eg Norway, Sweden and Denmark into a Scandinavian one, etc.

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

You're seem to be the player recruiting everyone in the server asking for their personal information.

Honestly, why do you think this is a good idea?

I can truly only recommend to everyone: DO NOT give other players your email address or your personal information unless you know them. There's a reason that we are able to play this game without sharing such things with other players.
    Last edited by Elisa; 09 Sep 2016 at 07:47 AM.

Elisa, what are you talking about? I can't really follow. Where did I ask for an email address? Where did I ask for ANY personal information? Everyone who does not want to reveal their personal information can just create a new Skype account and message me from there.

Bloated Fish: I think that is a great suggestion. There are soo many servers (I posted that on several forums) and 80% of them are in the same situation we are. Only 1 good alliance on every server and no real competition. Except .ru und .ro and .net and .pl
    They are lucky!!

Here an update:

Well. Since so many people told us that .uk is not at all challenging, even the opposite, we decided to start on .com

http://ts19.travian.com/

If you want to play a server in which you are most definitely outclassed, at least concerning skill and activity, not necessarily concerning number of members - since we won't even be 30 accounts - feel free to drop by.
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 07 Sep 2016 at 11:26 PM.

Schneente, if that's NOT you (personally) who is doing so on the uk19 server, then my apologies. But if it's not, you have a very close impostor.

I can only stress again to people... alliance skype's one thing, but nobody should need your personally-identifying information in this game.

I don't have any business in .uk except this one post here in the forum.

By the way: .com is going to start soon, you can expect at least 3 times more people playing there than on the .uk server, I can really only recommend it.

I don't think you'll find it very popular around here to suggest people leave and play on a different domain Just sayin'.

I've played on a few domains and I think Schneente has a good idea here. I have not played on .de so I cannot comment about that but I think hosting a "players champion server" is a great idea.

I think hosting it on a UK server would be a good idea IF you could get the game admin on-board ahead of time so you could get an additional MH because this server would be bigger than normal. Their incentive would be to do this as this would be a mega-profitable server as there would be tonnes of gold players here.

I also think UK would be a great domain for it as the MHs and mods here are generally very good at snuffing out cheating. Not perfect, but much better than all of the other domains that I have played on. Everyone I have talked to knows that .com, .au and .ru for instance are not worth playing on because of incessant scripting, multiaccounting, etc.

I also think that this should be on a standard server, T4 or whatever - then there are no excuses. I know a lot of the players you will get will want 3.6 or earlier but that will never happen!
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
    #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Quote Originally Posted by MOD Bloated Fish View Post
    The players that I would regard as the best on the UK servers are on UK1, with a few others elsewhere. I am measuring this by alliance and player records, as seen in our hall of fame. Most usually take a break then come back a server or two later. So for the UK's "best alliances", I feel you are a little off with your timing.

You raise an interesting point though, that other domains feel the same as the UK... maybe we just need a European server, that sits alongside a smaller amount of domestic ones. Combine some of the smaller server... eg Norway, Sweden and Denmark into a Scandinavian one, etc.
    This needed to happen two years ago... Why TG is so slow to act is beyond me, the servers are in decline and what active players there are left need some fun.

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_dun_goofed View Post
    This needed to happen two years ago... Why TG is so slow to act is beyond me, the servers are in decline and what active players there are left need some fun.

TG Tried combining domains a few years ago with the Baltic Server, It dident do as well as expected and combined servers apear to not to attract the gold users they expected.

If we pushed for this option I suspect that many domains would close and be merged into .com (losing all national identity, forums etc) as TG has done for other games. Is that the direction you think we should go ?
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

My guess is no because many people do not want to play .com as it is known as a haven for cheaters. You would most likely see a mass exodus of players to a 3rd domain like there was to India 6ish years ago when UK fell into disrepute.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed

Your alliances can't be very good considering I'm not seeing a German alliance or anyone with your username on the server.

Care to enlighten us UK19 RoA players about this dream land where your alliance is dominating?

They ended up playing on .com (see post #4)

Quote Originally Posted by CM mhudson View Post
    TG Tried combining domains a few years ago with the Baltic Server, It dident do as well as expected and combined servers apear to not to attract the gold users they expected.

If we pushed for this option I suspect that many domains would close and be merged into .com (losing all national identity, forums etc) as TG has done for other games. Is that the direction you think we should go ?
    Well..You simply can't compare Scandinavia and The Baltic..

Why it's so quiet on forum? It's cold outside so should be more people playing?!