Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 235

Thread: WW Server 1

  1. #141

    Default

    Rumour has it that I was added into this Havoc chat and was removed before I got to say some real, nice... things.

  2. #142

    Default

    Rumour has it this isn't the rumour thread!


    TKH... That was actually quite a funny post, gave me a good chuckle right up until you returned to your normal self at the end. Such a troubled soul.

    Box... We've just had a fun round, I don't know what's hard to understand about that?! I know you've stated you've played since day one, but seems to me you've never tried anything different. Have you ever been in a non-WW ally? Maybe give it a go, you may see why our chat is so upbeat if you can find a good group of folk to join up with!

  3. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Presuming Ed View Post
    Rumour has it this isn't the rumour thread!
    I blame the use of my phone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Presuming Ed View Post
    TKH.... Such a troubled soul.
    Hey! I feel I should be offended

  4. #144
    Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Presuming Ed View Post
    Have you ever been in a non-WW ally? Maybe give it a go, you may see why our chat is so upbeat if you can find a good group of folk to join up with!
    Ya see, it's been bugging me, trying to understand why a whole alliance would put in half a years' graft just to let someone else get their name on a Hall of Fame and they personally to have nothing to show for it.

    Because make no mistake every other player will be largely forgotten I mean... we don't do this for the bragging rights, but to not be able to say, I was part of Pulsant when we won in round 8... or I was with the winners in 2016 (whoever that will be)... to not have any claim to make? I don't know. I think that's a crying shame. To work so hard and not have anything to show. I wondered if people had not stopped to think about that. Or been under some spell of god-worshipping. Or been given questionable favours Ahem no.

    But I think I've had my theory confirmed. Can't be any other reason everyone has stuck around unless it's for the amazing and legendarily brilliant banter in the Natars chat room.
    Last edited by Elisa; 25 Nov 2016 at 05:56 PM.

  5. #145

    Default

    Natars are a brilliant alliance, full of cool and talented people who know how to have fun

  6. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Ya see, it's been bugging me, trying to understand why a whole alliance would put in half a years' graft just to let someone else get their name on a Hall of Fame and they personally to have nothing to show for it.
    The key is in your use of the word "graft". For a WW alliance, you graft. For a none WW alliance you play. And there are plenty of none WW alliances and players in the HOF, just not necessarily for the reasons that are important to you.
    Last edited by Mercedes; 25 Nov 2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: eats, shoots and leaves.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

  7. #147
    Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post
    The key is in your use of the word "graft". For a WW alliance you graft. For a none WW alliance you play. And there are plenty of none WW alliances and players in the HOF, just not necessarily for the reasons that are important to you.
    Of course there are, but they got their name there. HoF is not why I play and probably not why most people play. But it seems to have been an objective of the alliance here.

    And yeah I used the word graft. I stand by it. I've heard from at least one player in Natars that they're very bored and have been very bored for most of the server. Makes sense to find the game boring when your entire raison d'Ítre is someone else's account.

    Edit: still not saying it's bad to play non-WW. That isn't the point at all. I was just pondering what drew so many people, that is all.
    Last edited by Elisa; 25 Nov 2016 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #148

    Default

    I'm not in Natars so I can't answer for how interesting their game was. But I have played for both types of alliances and found the smash ones suited me better. Though the pulse chat in the old t3 days was pretty lively and for a lot of us, it's as much about the social side.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

  9. #149
    MemberMember powerobxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    LLanLLwni Mountain
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yoda-beware View Post
    Rumour has it that someone added a lot of players into the Havoc Skype Room, someone called us all nasty names and then we left.

    I had no idea that school ground tactics still existed but thank you for resurrecting those days of people calling each other names and then running away to hide.
    The old adage springs to mind, "keep your best friends close by, but keep your enemies in classified Skype room "
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hodor UK Server 2 Prodigy UK Server 1

  10. #150

    Default

    I still cannot believe, that if the plan was a Skype room filled with chaos mayhem and insults, that my humble name did not get invite
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

  11. #151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notorious crunchie View Post
    I still cannot believe, that if the plan was a Skype room filled with chaos mayhem and insults, that my humble name did not get invite
    I will invite you into my alliance Skype room any day. I've been finding the conversation a bit one sided lately .
    Last edited by Mercedes; 25 Nov 2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Treading a line between humour and sad flirtatiousness, hoping this is read as sad humour
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

  12. #152
    DMR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Brilliant post, TKH

  13. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post
    I will invite you into my alliance Skype room any day. I've been finding the conversation a bit one sided lately .
    Well if you want to analyse a battle report over some wheat.....
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

  14. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notorious crunchie View Post
    Well if you want to analyse a battle report over some wheat.....
    Depends how long the wheat has been fermenting.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

  15. #155
    MemberMember powerobxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    LLanLLwni Mountain
    Posts
    250

    Default

    What I really want to know is how come Sharron off Eastenders, face is yellower than Phils and he has liver failure, answer me that o magic forum
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hodor UK Server 2 Prodigy UK Server 1

  16. #156
    Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    Now I'm even more lost than usual. Unless you're just cheering on our planned shopping expedition.

  17. #157
    Mr Fantastic

    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Well done to the best wwk and wwr builders, throughly well deserved, and was a pleasure to have played with both accounts.. miss you guys
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

    Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

    Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

  18. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Of course there are, but they got their name there. HoF is not why I play and probably not why most people play. But it seems to have been an objective of the alliance here.

    And yeah I used the word graft. I stand by it. I've heard from at least one player in Natars that they're very bored and have been very bored for most of the server. Makes sense to find the game boring when your entire raison d'Ítre is someone else's account.

    Edit: still not saying it's bad to play non-WW. That isn't the point at all. I was just pondering what drew so many people, that is all.
    I think you answered your own question Elisa, it's pretty obvious an ally full of players didn't take part in an entire server to help us (or Merida) with our WWK.

    I've played a few rounds, had some good accounts, but never set out to build a WWK before. Ended up with something that looked a bit like one a few times, because my duals and I train a lot of troops, but never set out from the start. The last round I played was UK2 (on BraveStarr) with Pulse, as you know we walked the server and we personally ended up with a decent WWK (apart from cats) due to the lack of competition. For me, this was one of the most boring rounds I'd ever played, 'winning' didn't feel like any kind of achievement because it was too easy. This is why I, like many others decided to play in an ally against Pulse, as we believed it would be a challenge. The fact my duals and I set out to build the largest WWK we could is irrelevant, it is true we aimed for the top spot, but don't all WWK builders? It's certainly not what drew others to this server!

    Maybe some have been bored, but I've not seen it mentioned in our chat. My bet would be that the player in question is a deffer?? I don't think we can be blamed for our deffers getting bored, the off players have certainly done as much as possible to invoke a reaction!

    People have said they don't understand the point of playing if you can't win, I don't understand why anyone would want to walk over the finish line without earning it first, for me this is no fun at all.

  19. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    HoF is not why I play and probably not why most people play. But it seems to have been an objective of the alliance here.
    I'm afraid you are wrong. The alliance came to this server to play a non-WW smashy round and disrupt Pulse's server (the self-proclaimed no.1 alliance on the UK domain). Note, this isn't a slight (I respect Pulse and have played in your group), however, we believe you have had it far too easy on uncompetitive UK servers and we wanted to take you on head-to-head and expose weaknesses we believe you to have. We achieved both objectives and had a very enjoyable server but thanks very much for your concern

    Whilst playing our smashy round we had a handful of players that also wanted to target some of their own individual personal objectives i.e. WWr and WWk building - which they did. To say the whole alliance was here just to facilitate HoF targets for a few accounts is untrue and a desperate post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I've heard from at least one player in Natars that they're very bored and have been very bored for most of the server. Makes sense to find the game boring when your entire raison d'Ítre is someone else's account.
    Newsflash: someone playing Travian says they are bored! I think you'll find there are bored players in all alliances, both WW and non-WW. And here's the simple response: if you are so bored then don't play the game!



    Travian servers are what you make them - Natars have had a great round and we've enjoyed every minute of it - all without a WW race

  20. #160
    DMR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Now I'm even more lost than usual. Unless you're just cheering on our planned shopping expedition.
    Just trying to be nice and spread love

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •