Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WW Server 1

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post

And yeah I used the word graft. I stand by it. I've heard from at least one player in Natars that they're very bored and have been very bored for most of the server. Makes sense to find the game boring when your entire raison d'ętre is someone else's account.
    I can possibly add a little bit of context here. Myself and my dual were asked by Ryder (praise be upon him) to join this server having played with him on S3 - Remit was; play with some good players, learn a bit, cause a bit of fun and have a laugh doing it and I think based on that remit, it's been nailed. We came into the server with little expectations other than to kill sometime with people whose company we like.

Whilst playing for others HoF armies wasn't part of that remit, when you chat daily with the players who have their own goals then naturally you want to help them achieve it, that teamwork element is crucial. When you see the effort that the Merida account put into their ram record, the single-mindedness of it, of course we would lay down whatever needed to ensure they achieved it. Likewise with The Muppet Show, Iain, is great guy who on his second server put some real effort in to a goal, so we would've done likewise.

What I think the lack of WW has done is allowed us to do is play without pressure of an end game (although we've very much been part of it). Whether that's 'Playing' the game how it's meant to be played is up to debate but I can assure you this has probably been the funnest server I've played in my, on and off, 9 years of playing this game.
    UK3 R8 - Bre&Bui

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kael101 View Post
    cause a bit of fun and have a laugh doing it and I think based on that remit, it's been nailed. We came into the server with little expectations other than to kill sometime with people whose company we like.

I can assure you this has probably been the funnest server I've played in my, on and off, 9 years of playing this game.
    See, a few people jumped on what I said so I'll just assume I didn't explain myself very well (which is pretty standard for me). I think your response indicates you know what I meant perhaps better than the other responses. I can sit here scratching head until the cows come home but most Natars never had a personal score to settle against Pulse, so it didn't seem to be revenge. I know full well that it's not "entire alliance wanted to build two armies" so it's not a criticism of what were, rightfully, two enormous and well executed WWxs. But Natars also didn't have any aim to build a WW. You can understand then that the next question is "so... why, if it wasn't for everyone to help those two accounts?". Others have indicated that's not how it was anyway. Which I sort of asked already: was it just about the camaraderie. Thank you for answering, I appreciate it.

tl;dr: I didn't say you can't have fun without a WW or you shouldn't play without building one...
    Last edited by Elisa; 25 Nov 2016 at 09:57 PM. Reason: clarity... and i probably still failed

most Natars never had a personal score to settle against Pulse, so it didn't seem to be revenge.
    I don't think anyone did TBH! Personally, I have no ill feeling towards any of the Pulse players, quite the opposite in fact and know I Adam is the same. Was never about that for me, I just wanted a more interesting server where there was some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Presuming Ed View Post
    People have said they don't understand the point of playing if you can't win, I don't understand why anyone would want to walk over the finish line without earning it first, for me this is no fun at all.
    That's... kind of where I've been since I sent my army.

I still find it funny that everyone says were the self proclaimed best endgame ally in the UK even though I've not actually seen anyone in Pulse make that statement. We've won more servers than most other alliances in the UK I think but then you can only beat the competition you have against you, whether it's good or rubbish. We play to win the server, if we don't so be it. We'll always try again.

What you also have to consider is that the majority of Pulse players from previous UK servers haven't returned for this UK1 round but I'm not saying we don't have weaknesses, every alliance does.
    UK2 R4 - The 3 Ninja's | UKx R11 - The Mentalist | UK4 R6 - Dr Manhattan
    UK2 R8 - Jonesy | UKx R12 - Fluffy | UKx R20 - Fluffy

[QUOTE=Fluffy;1507116]I still find it funny that everyone says were the self proclaimed best endgame ally in the UK even though I've not actually seen anyone in Pulse make that statement.

I had never had the pleasure of playing with or against Pulse until this round. We where asked by the Cool Runnings team if we would like to join Natars to have some fun and generally be a pain the rear for one of the better Ally's on the UK servers. Hopefully we have achieved this

My only comment would be that I am surprised that you never decided to retaliate in anyway as we where expecting a little bit more excitement coming the other way.

Elisa my dear..you should really stop drinking their Kool-aid. DMR had some and he's still getting over that bout of explosive diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by Presuming Ed View Post
    Have you ever been in a non-WW ally?
    I've done it twice. The second time I did it was the infamous 430 day 2011 com1 server. What you do is get a group of 6-7 really good hammer builders and make armies similar to WWK's, except with only about 2k rams/2k catas. A month or 2 after artis are out you have 200-250k armies and you start bashing capitals. You have to have a target ally in mind, and be friends with the dominant ally in your Quad. Usually by endgame you've had your fun and you leave, your account down in the ranking and probably half destroyed...but you had a good time.

What you don't do is build a dozen WWK's for a one-time use and bring 46 ppl with you to sit around and play PD, just for your HOF moment. For a non-WW ally, they sure made a lot of WW-stage armies...dontcha think? Wheres the fun in simming a WWK to hit once? No, their real original goal was a real challenge...but it's now out of reach. They won't admit it because of how badly it failed. Ever wonder why they named themselves Natars? Their real WW is building now. If you look at their whole server through that lens it all makes perfect sense. Never recruited, focused on the strongest ally and tried to take them out early...I've been working under that assumption for a long time, all that BS they keep spewing about our bad diplomacy, and now about how much fun they had all server is just trying to cover up for their own failed goals. They are now down to trying to get some kind of win for their guys through an Atlas WW.

Did they have fun?
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/394833c0559 - 410k, 22k catas wasted on a 63 hr rebuild lvl 29 WW
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/40253027d26 - 7400 roman catas wasted on 1 GW
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/402555c0b63 - 13k catas wasted on 2 low level GW's
    and of course my favorite, the great crunchie himself
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/402500718b1 - 23k rams trained for nothing. What fun! Weeeee!
    All perfectly executed but very poorly planned. A real waste of armies.

Natar leaders: dishonest, can't win a server, and grossly negligent with their members' armies. Join up now!
    Why people left Elisa for this lot is beyond me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73449120.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	6611

Sorry for the long-winded rant. I need a drink!

Wow, so much bitterness in that post, almost seems as though his team got a good old spanking

Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    Wow, so much bitterness in that post, almost seems as though his team got a good old spanking
    Sorry, I didnt mean to sound bitter...I even included a diarrhea joke and a disney meme

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Sorry, I didnt mean to sound bitter...I even included a diarrhea joke and a disney meme
    Well isn't that sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I still find it funny that everyone says were the self proclaimed best endgame ally in the UK even though I've not actually seen anyone in Pulse make that statement. We've won more servers than most other alliances in the UK I think but then you can only beat the competition you have against you, whether it's good or rubbish. We play to win the server, if we don't so be it. We'll always try again.

What you also have to consider is that the majority of Pulse players from previous UK servers haven't returned for this UK1 round but I'm not saying we don't have weaknesses, every alliance does.
    Yeah, I talked at length with Elisa today about some of this. But at the end of the last server there were a fair few making that statement, saying Pulse were the best and no other group compared. When Danny, in his own way, called people out on this attitude, he was told he had already been beaten (ref CD/DC). Of course that server was a disaster from my group, as we struggled with losing so many key players from CF and Toxic, and struggle to replace them. Having seen many weaknesses within Pulsant, and being bored by a lack of challenge, we were inspired to disprove this.

Your statement here, assuming it is a consensus in Pulse, is great to hear. It means there is a certain level of respect for other alliances. Particularly those that aren't preformed, and struggle with the challenges instability causes when going up against stable, organised and focused groups. (this is deliberately meant to describe Pulsant from the last server and Natars from this one).

I've always said this isn't a revenge mission, as it was presented by those that didn't initially understand, or were confused by association with a couple that did want some sort of retribution. So let me say what I've said before. Ledge is a great leader, overly praised by those in his alliance, but a great leader nonetheless. He kept a group of individuals, from all over the world, coming back, playing the game and winning server after server. He built up a great network of defenders, that have been the basis of many wins, and should take full praise if you likely win again this server. Ledge should personally take praise for continuing to keep his players motivated and for employing better diplomatic skills than some of his rivals.

By being the 'best' alliance on this server, I think we have shown , in spite of any issues with regards to personnel leaving Pulse, that there are weaknesses in the application of defence, a lack of focus on supporting non-ww armies, and the risks of poor overall settlement strategy. Ryder is a leader with a huge amount of game experience, and used this knowledge to really draw def to many places other than where we were going to hit. The strategy was most obviously executed in that WW chiefing, and it was moments like this that made the server so fun. We really felt like our alliance defined key moments of this server, through a whole host of interlaced plans.

This may be the worst performance Ledge has seen from his team. This may be his least deserved and most fortunate victory. This may be his most unconventional victory. But I think it should be his most proud. It is easy to keep people on board when everything is going well. It is easy when people are too timid or don't have the skills to bring a fight to you. But he ended up having the same amount of defence as his main rival, when it mattered, after so many setbacks, and will likely get another notch on that victory staff.

It's just my opinion of course, but I believe Ledge and Ryder are some of the best leaders out there, in their own way.

Finally, if it is consensus in Pulse, that you recognise there have been many comparatively good UK alliances, that you just don't get to face, then it is a personal victory for me, as I believe there are a fair few of us in this alliance that have been apart of them.

Sorry for the long-winded rant. I need a drink!
    I accept your apology, as it is clear you have no clue what you are talking about.

You can cry as much as you like hammers being wasted, but the 108 other people you had in your alliance on the 26th Oct had their entire server's effort ruined by your incompetent diplomatic skills. The magnitude of your personal failure is immeasurable. No amount of propaganda can cover this fact.

As for our direction, it is pretty obvious, but let me make it simple for you...

1. Natars are not building a WW.
    2. Natars had the server goal of stopping Pulse win.
    3. Havoc were going to win, but threw themselves under the Natar bus.

How many WW alliances does that leave? You can count to 1 right? Not a hard choice.

Interestingly, even when we have been cooperating with Atlas, we have still had armies hit them. You may not have seen or heard about this, because they don't cry on here, as they know the difference between a confed/NAP and a mutual goal.
    Last edited by Bloated Fish; 26 Nov 2016 at 03:28 AM.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloated Fish View Post
    Yeah, I talked at length with Elisa today about some of this.
    While I'm not going into detail what was said in our discussion, I would like it noted that the part BF is referring to was (as far as I can tell) only about the fact that Pulse lost the majority of Pulsant players and is, therefore, just not the alliance they thought they were taking on, and never was. BF and I were fine with that conversation. It's not news It was just part of our chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloated Fish View Post
    Your statement here, assuming it is a consensus in Pulse, is great to hear.
    What? You can't do that. And I'm not sure what it is we all agree to.

Honestly I was going to answer every other part bit by bit, but as I started to do so I realised much of it confuses me and has no relation to anything in the paragraph above or below it. So I shall just condense?

Pulse are , Preformed , not revenge , Ledge , Pulse defs , Ledge diplomacy , Us , Pulse , Pulse def , Us smart , Us , Us , Pulse , Ledge , Ledge , Ledge , Ledge , Pulse defs , Pulse win , Ledge and Ryder , Consensus , Bloated Fish .

Mate you and I have had some great convos but you don't usually lose focus in such a spectacular fashion. I thought I was bad before my morning coffee.

(I'm not touching your rebuttal to TKH because honestly that seemed like it didn't answer the post it came from either - but it did seem to suggest Atlas ftw.)

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Aw did I make you angry?
    Angry you did not. Havoc have been comical all server on and off the forum. Sorry if you misread my post as an angry one.

You seem to be very bitter though, clutching at straws so badly, once again, so comical.

Everyones covered most of your nonsense but as for you latest comments of trying to make out players games have been wasted for their hammers doing no true damage. Hindsight is a great thing. Alot of the hammers sent on pulse walked for over 24hrs, Pulse hold the 3x strength and I strongly thought they would move it into place, making the results of the attacks a very different one. As did alot of Pulse players so I've heard.

Yes Crunch could of kept his rammer back but for what, Atlas have no other hammers to follow in so at least helped in lowering some defence in the wwv. Most of the hammers that hit Pulse, from Natars side, were hammers that were not simmed to hit a WW. They've all been used in numerous ops but always came home. Is what happens when you plan well.

I did read a comment in your chatroom where someone mentioned about how you guys done so much more damage to the TDE WW than we did to the Pulse one, using smaller hammers. That's because TDE had a 5th of the defence Pulse did lol. You chose to waste alot of hammers on the easy target, Go Team Havoc

Btw there's not bitterness or anger in the post which I'm sure you're try to imply. Just replying to your nonsense, which probably doesn't make me much better than you, eh
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

While I'm not going into detail what was said in our discussion, I would like it noted that the part BF is referring to was (as far as I can tell) only about the fact that Pulse lost the majority of Pulsant players and is, therefore, just not the alliance they thought they were taking on, and never was. BF and I were fine with that conversation. It's not news It was just part of our chat.

What? You can't do that. And I'm not sure what it is we all agree to.

Honestly I was going to answer every other part bit by bit, but as I started to do so I realised much of it confuses me and has no relation to anything in the paragraph above or below it. So I shall just condense?

Pulse are , Preformed , not revenge , Ledge , Pulse defs , Ledge diplomacy , Us , Pulse , Pulse def , Us smart , Us , Us , Pulse , Ledge , Ledge , Ledge , Ledge , Pulse defs , Pulse win , Ledge and Ryder , Consensus , Bloated Fish .

Mate you and I have had some great convos but you don't usually lose focus in such a spectacular fashion. I thought I was bad before my morning coffee.

(I'm not touching your rebuttal to TKH because honestly that seemed like it didn't answer the post it came from either - but it did seem to suggest Atlas ftw.)
    Funny, because people have said in private "I like your post" and "the last bit was good". Different lenses see different things, I guess. Maybe it is you that needs another coffee to get your head around it! Sure I digress, but only to fit into the wider theme of the other posts prior to fluffys.

To summarise the overriding point for you (and anyone else that might be lost)... Just because you see an alliance do well on one server (CF, Toxic, TSL, HATE, Pulsant, etc), it doesn't mean if you beat the remnants of them, you were better than the original alliance. I believe Natars have made Pulse empathetic to that point, due to what I see as a rescinding of Pulse members declaring themselves the best alliance, beating all before them. Who said what at the end of last server can go up for debate, but this is my personal viewpoint.

As for the rebuttal, I really can't see how you fail to make the link. He says we wasted individual players efforts causing them to have no fun, I say he wasted his entire alliances efforts causing them to have no fun*. He says we are in bed with Atlas to get a personal victory, I say that whilst we have attacked a WW with them for a mutual benefit, we have attacked them for individual benefits.

The the continual pedalling of Natars being in a 3 quad meta is pure stupidity, when looking at facts...
    eg Natar conquests.

Natars (AI) = 80 villages
    Atlas, Atlas+, Atlas A = 75
    Pulse = 10
    Havoc, Havoc+ = 6

Like I say, He just comes on here crying at every given opportunity. Whilst Atlas recognise that is spite of our attacks, they can forge a mutual benefit at times.

*Note I have previously said fun is subjective, so even if players lose hammers due to a leader's mistake, or the entire game because of a leader's mistake, it doesn't have to have a bearing on fun.
    Last edited by Bloated Fish; 26 Nov 2016 at 10:25 AM.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

A month or 2 after artis are out you have 200-250k armies and you start bashing capitals. You have to have a target ally in mind, and be friends with the dominant ally in your Quad. Usually by endgame you've had your fun and you leave

What you don't do is build a dozen WWK's for a one-time use and bring 46 ppl with you to sit around and play PD, just for your HOF moment. For a non-WW ally, they sure made a lot of WW-stage armies...dontcha think? Wheres the fun in simming a WWK to hit once? No, their real original goal was a real challenge...but it's now out of reach. They won't admit it because of how badly it failed.
    So in your head a smashy ally make friends with the best ally in your quad and sit there simming till two months after artes??? You clearly have never played with a decent smashy ally. Things would have been very different if we let Pulse sim def and off for two months instead of hitting them straight after Artes!

A dozen wwk?? This also shows how poor a player you are I'm afraid, you should be able to distinguish an actual wwk and a smashy hammer that's still kicking! We had 3 end game hammer builders, every other hammer you have seen from Natars was used multiple times in off ops. For example, Demon's 'WWK' took out more than 100k clearing Tasteless' cap when we zero'd it in one of our early off ops against pulse. These are just very good players who train a lot of troops, you only highlight your own failings in your complete misinterpretation of this fact.

Did they have fun?
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/402500718b1 - 23k rams trained for nothing. What fun! Weeeee!
    Yes actually I did.

This has been by far the most exciting endgame I have ever been a part of. Normally it is only one round of hammers and the favourite walks it with no true competition. I still don't know who will win! Although thanks to your cowardliness it will likely be pulse.

The only times I've been bored on this server is when havoc were raining down an onslaught of supply village catapultation for a month and bragging like they were the bee knees and whilst reading your posts where you try so hard to hide the fact that natars have done brilliantly and the large majority, if not all, of their players are in a different class to you in terms of travian! They're better than me too (not a hard feat mind you), i accept it, why can't you?
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

DMR

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    Btw there's not bitterness or anger in the post which I'm sure you're try to imply. Just replying to your nonsense, which probably doesn't make me much better than you, eh

This guy:
    1) Takes himself way too seriously
    2) Takes this game way too seriously
    3) Seems to lend his entire identity, both on- and offline, from this game
    4) Is the most arrogant snow flake to ever land on a forum
    5) Is not the smartest
    6) Cannot be trusted

What a character.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73449120.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	6611
    There's a typo in there. His name is Mickey Rat

Henchmen! Bring it on!!!

Havoc have been comical all server on and off the forum

You still pin a whole alliance responsible for largely the words of 2 people, being the only named leader of yours I'll say you've been the most comical this time

Unrelated to that, having seen how easily Pulse won uk2 Natars decided to preform an alliance before the server, recruiting more than a couple of players from that Pulsant team, not having a WW to defend and expecting it to be any different?

At least the NW was inclusive with originally a smaller Core

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    You still pin a whole alliance responsible for largely the words of 2 people, being the only named leader of yours I'll say you've been the most comical this time

Unrelated to that, having seen how easily Pulse won uk2 Natars decided to preform an alliance before the server, recruiting more than a couple of players from that Pulsant team, not having a WW to defend and expecting it to be any different?

At least the NW was inclusive with originally a smaller Core [/COLOR]
    the comical comments are not about the words spoken by dmr and his sidekick but how your biggest hammer was a cap hammer of someone who himself has said it's poor that he had the biggest hammer. That's down to not using the academics efficiently.

Instead of going out to try and steal more you guys sit in the corner scared, attacking supply villages. The only reason we've had decent armies is because we used the AA's wisely and stole some when we wanted more.

You guys knew where opposing WW hammers were both in natars and pulse yet don't attempt to remove them from the game and then cry when hit by them.

A smaller core that recruited the whole of the NW because last time they got their rear handed to them.

As for ex pulse members, CR, Merida and the liability are only ones who've come over from pulse.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

DMR

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    comical
    There's his autobiography

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast