Thread: Merc speed bug

Default Merc speed bug

Gaul merchant speed, according to the docs, is 24/hr.This should mean a merchant can travel three times to a villa 4 squares away. Therefore, an hourly trade route to a villa 4 squares away x3 (ie 100/100 to 104/100) should run every hour.

It doesn't.

Maybe the merchants need a few moments to have a beer and a sandwich before setting off on a 3x run again?

Does it run alternate hours? Interested to know what the reason for this is too.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

The Troublesome One Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Tombo457's Avatar

Perhaps something to do with them only arriving back exactly at 0 seconds of the hour, and not 59 seconds of the previous hour? sounds stupid, but we all know that means it's probably the reason.
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

It does run alternate hours and yes, it's probably because they arrive at :00, not :59 but whatever the reason, their speed is not 24/hr.

The Troublesome One Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Tombo457's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kistelek View Post
    It does run alternate hours and yes, it's probably because they arrive at :00, not :59 but whatever the reason, their speed is not 24/hr.
    it is. They start at 0 seconds of the hour and end at 0 seconds of the hour. That is exactly 3600 seconds passed to travel 24 fields.
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

Nope, it's 3601. You either count the 0 at the beginning or at the end but not both.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post
    Nope, it's 3601. You either count the 0 at the beginning or at the end but not both.
    I was obviously showing the German way of thinking , curse you and your wisdom!
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post
    I concur.

No official response? Anyone would think the network fell over in the middle of the week.

/me can do you a good deal on a high-availability pair of F5 load balancers.