Thread: Mobile users

Default Mobile users

I have a question if I may?

Are travian aware that after yesterday 'blip' that logging in via a mobile browser causes some very strange layouts to happen?

Specifically an iPhone in case that's relevant.

And, if they are (or weren't but hopefully are now) is it high on the priority list to sort out?

I cannot click any of the links from dorf2 for example but it's lots of things, not just that.

Kind regards
    Handsome iPhone user
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

I believe the fix is to get an Android phone

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    I believe the fix is to get an Android phone
    Do you not know about game pigeon?
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Does iphone have an option to request desktop site? Im on android, its become really difficult to use on mobile lately but find that this helps link clicks.

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Mobile browsing is provided as is, IE there is no official team providing support/development for mobile devices.

I'm sure you have tried deleting your cookies and cache as issues with load balencers can often cause problems with the cache/cookies if the game world got moved to another physical server
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

That worked a treat!

Cheers fella
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Community Manager UK/US mhudson's Avatar

Glad it fixed it for you.

To clarify on my earlier statement. If the problem affect a ton of people we can raise emergency tickets to tech to investigate but generally for mobile devices its just a normal ticket and someone will get round to looking during normal hours.

Desktop browsers seem to cope reasonably well if the load balancer moves the virtual server to another physical host but mobile devices for whatever reason has problems.

As with all issues with display or things not working right the first place to start is cookies and cache (since that's what support will respond with in the first instance anyway) after clearing C&C or trying another browser

If the issue still remains, it gives tech something to work with but, in the first instance, unless its a global problem, tech will always suspect the issue is at the users end
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

I use Travile app for IPhone. works great

Ok you fixed the problem, no need to milk it

X
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE