Page 1642 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 6421142154215921632164016411642164316441652 ... LastLast
Results 32,821 to 32,840 of 33160

Thread: Count to 1,000,000 (and back)

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    What is yours on?
    I forget what the title is, but I'm making a graphing calculator program.

32,821 - EZBZI ...ladiss
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Dissertations are great...

...At draining the fun out of the topic to ensure you never want to even touch that topic again!

That's what I have found anyway! Maybe there's a dissertation topic in that somewhere...

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

[Headaches, long days, cool dogs and house prices]
    7 months of 7 days a week 11 hour days? Good lord. No ta, not f'me thanks.

Yeah, house prices are zany. The show is called Location, Location, Location for a reason.
    Even the price difference for what you get where I am (new build, couple minute walk from the dock) vs. in the dock is crazy. They recently did up the dock, so it's more of a key place in the city now - cos of that you pay premiums for little space. Yet, as I say, it's basically a 2 minute walk from where I am. I'm actually closer to the city centre. Madness.

But yeah, house is good. It's a house. Does house things. In house places.
    I like it. Not been massively personalised by me yet, tho. Still has bits and pieces to do and I might hang some art or something to make it more of a classic homey home. But I'm a minimalist at heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiji_Maeda View Post

Dissertations are great...

...At draining the fun out of the topic to ensure you never want to even touch that topic again!

That's what I have found anyway! Maybe there's a dissertation topic in that somewhere...
    I enjoyed my dissertation!
    But I did do a design degree, so that might be why.
    Genuinely enjoyed it though. I get a weirdly large amount of joy from writing, considering how from ages 4-14 English was my most hated subject. One good teacher and a forum to mash words into turned me into a bit of a wordputterdowner.

32823...ladies
    EZBZE

I got a C at GCSE English. Got a first in my dissertation.

-----
    Member of WGN ^_^ (but i only help newbs, rarely n00bs)
    -----
    I Have a BAN PLACEMENT CARD, Hooray!!!

"Leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders."

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

32,824 - EZBZA ...ladies
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue

Angelic

Spraying again today on the farm. It started off bad and finished bad...

Started off the morning in and out of the cab with blocked nozzles on the spray line (48 nozzles in total). Every time I got out I would inevitably contaminate myself with the chemical I'd just sprayed as the finer droplets tend to linger in the air. Not only that, the floor was damp making the soil tacky so it stuck to my boots and ended up being brought into the cab with me. Half the time the soil was contaminated too.

After much swearing and ranting I got the sprayer emptied out and returned to the chemical store to fill up for round 2. I then proceeded to slip with my muddy boots on the top step of the sprayer before plunging 6ft headfirst onto the concrete floor. Go me.

After tank number 2 I needed to work out where I was going to put 'part tank' number 3 so I could finish before dark. I ended up deciding on getting a fiddly field that neighbours a golf course done as its prone to flooding, requires me to travel 30 minutes to get to the field and requires the wind to be blowing away from the golf course which it was. So I trundle along to the field after measuring out exactly the amount of chemical and water I need to get that field done when once again fate messes with me and I arrive to find the golf course is FULL of kids. There were like 50 kids all having lessons in groups of 10-15 and the hole they were doing was naturally the one right next to the field I needed to spray. I waited for 30 more minutes to see if they would move away from the area but they didn't so in the end I had to spray half the field that was at the opposite end to the golf course before trundling 30 minutes back to find another field to empty out the sprayer in. Doesn't sound like a big deal but thats 60 minutes I'll have to waste at a later date to get to and from that field to finish it. There will also be 30 minutes extra travel returning to the alternative field I had to finish the day in.

All in all, it was a bad day.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

30 minutes? Is the sprayer really slow or is the field really far away?

32,828 - EZBZB ...ladies

In other news: Two deadlines have passed, one turns out to actually be in January.

Angelic

The field is only 4 miles away from the chemical store but they are rough single lane roads some with dykes running 1m alongside them meaning my speed tends to stay around 22km/h. Its only when I'm empty will I open up the throttle and push on to 32-34km/h. The farm is a really nice place so there is a constant flood of dog walkers and horse riders that I have to crawl past at a very slow speed too, so all that increases the time taken to travel between farm yard and field. Oh, and there is a barrier to open (and close).
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

The field is only 4 miles away from the chemical store but they are rough single lane roads some with dykes running 1m alongside them meaning my speed tends to stay around 22km/h. Its only when I'm empty will I open up the throttle and push on to 32-34km/h. The farm is a really nice place so there is a constant flood of dog walkers and horse riders that I have to crawl past at a very slow speed too, so all that increases the time taken to travel between farm yard and field. Oh, and there is a barrier to open (and close).
    That sounds fun and not at all infuriating.

32,831 - EZBEI ...ladies

Do anyone else ever find themselves wondering if MK actually plays travian or just like the forums?
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Quote Originally Posted by notorious crunchie View Post

Do anyone else ever find themselves wondering if MK actually plays travian or just like the forums?
    I used to play; I quit shortly after T4 came out.

32,833 - EZBEE ...ladies

Angelic

My parents are currently on holiday and I'm looking after the animals of which there are 3 horses, 2 budgies, 2 dogs and a fish.

Caring for the fish is a simple thing of dropping in some food in the morning. The budgies only involve checking the food and water is full, while the horses are more heavy duty. Each horse has a tailored diet and there are up to 6 different food sources I need to measure out. They also need turning in and out, mucking out and plenty of hay to get them through the night. They take me about 1-2 hours a day to complete. The dogs usually get around 8-15 miles of exercise a day through a mixture of me running, biking or running them alongside the car and I'll generally feed them at set times in the morning and evening. If I don't give them enough mental stimulation they'll keep me up all night.

As I'm at work during the day I try to get as much possible done in the morning by waking up at 05 : 30 and not stopping until I have to leave for work at 07:15. Equally, when I get in at night I'll probably do another 2 hours or more rushing around looking after the animals.

The reason I am sharing all this is to give some context; My parents are away, I'm looking after the animals while they are gone and I'm putting in a lot of effort to do a good job.

So imagine my upset when I'm transporting the dogs across the farm in the open boot pickup when I catch a dog jumping out in my peripheral and after glancing in my mirror I see one of them jump out... All at 35 mph. I quickly stop and rush over to make sure the dog is fine which she was. But looking around the other one isn't there. I then realise what I saw in my peripheral wasn't the one I saw in the mirror but the youngest puppy (1 year old). It just happened that when she jumped out I was driving across a ditch/dyke that is supplied by drainage lines in the fields (meaning the water level isn't even welly high).

The ditch/dyke was over 10ft deep.

Climbing down I found the dog in a heap, soaking wet, shaking, barely able to move its back leg and with massive amounts of skin on its back thigh peeled off. Luckily, now its out of shock and I've calmed down I think the leg is just bruised. I did call the out of hours vet in a panic and they had a quick look at it before giving some antibiotic + painkiller jabs and sending me off with tablets and things to look out for. They didn't want to stitch incase mud from the ditch caused an infection but if it doesn't heal when they check again on Monday they will do some.

On a lighter note I stopped at sainsbury's on the way home from the vet and somehow ended up at the till with a pretty blonde women behind it. One of the things I was buying was iced coffee and when she saw it she said, 'Oh, I love that stuff. Its so nice isn't it?!',
    To which I replied panically 'Yes'. Its no wonder I still haven't found myself a girlfriend with conversational skills like that. Stupid wgn.
    Last edited by wgn; 03 Dec 2016 at 03:27 PM.
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

32,838 - EZBAB ...ladies

There is a reason dogs are not renowned for their intelligence.

Angelic

Doggie update

> Youngest went back to vets this morning where they kept her for a mini 'operation'. The wounds were cut into one big one while the outer edges were cut back into something more manageable. She ended up with 10 stitches and is now back home with a cone on her head, high on drugs and generally miserable.

> Eldest stayed with me at work where I discovered she had started pissing blood. To be correct I think it was last night when she woke me up at 4 separate occasions that she began pissing blood. In another panic I managed to get her squeezed in for an appointment when I went to pick up the youngest. I was worried it could be to do with her jumping out the car too but the doctor found she had a temperature and is going down the route of bladder infection. I now have (edit: had) the job of gaining a urine sample. First bit I got was blood ridden but barely enough to be acceptable so had to mix it with a second amount that wasn't blood ridden. Don't know if that will matter?! Its in the fridge now in a plastic bag next to my tea that I'm about to cook.

Edit: The aga is out so looks like I'm not having any tea.
    Last edited by wgn; 05 Dec 2016 at 06:38 PM.
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Page 1642 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 6421142154215921632164016411642164316441652 ... LastLast