Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a bit of Story Telling......

Moog for leader of HATE

Moog for referee
    Last edited by zimrich; 11 Jun 2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: double post (please use the edit button)
    Duke of Salford UK3

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Hell no! I'm no leader, with my particular brand of people skills any alliance would crumble within days. But maybe that's what you want, you sneaky swine. Should've gone SE Sid, told you to. Instead you're trying to engineer the destruction of HATE without a cat being used in anger. We're wise to your game.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Teuton MemberTeuton Member S. Baldrick's Avatar

Are you still around Mracius? Impressive. I am just popping by to read old threads in the archives. Anyone else still around from round 2?
    antlers
    I am antlers.

I am still here Antlers Still quietly sitting in the corner of the NMS boardroom doing nothing like always. Next story is in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Don't aks me if I I get ticked off when people can't pronounce 'ask' properly, or I might pop. No, I'm not axing you, although if you can't pronounce a three letter word without confusing the order of the letters, I may do just that. Meh.
    Etymologically, the word ask comes from the O.E. verb acsan which was shortened to both asc and acs in colloquial Early Mediaeval English. The latter died out by the 15th Century and the modern /aks/ pronunciation is phonemic change introduced by African immigrant populations in North America.

Anonymous the third

Oooo someone has been on google

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Are we using colloquial Early Medieval English? I had to read Piers Plowman, and I will be jiggered if I will ever read such swill again. For the past several hundred years we have had some degree of consistency in the use and usage of English, so you'd better have a darn good reason for messing about with it. The change of which you speak comes from one of the most ill-educated groups in one of the most ill-educated of all the developed nations ( and no, I'm not having a go at African Americans, look at the school funding for, and accademic achievement of those areas dominated by black Americans ). They didn't go back though the etymology of the word and decide that they liked the pre-Chaucerian version better, they changed it because they were ignorant and semi-literate. The word is 'ask', axe is already a word, and has an entirely different meaning. Sorry if I'm being a bit nice.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12